Worst Mario Game Ever

At least Mario Sports Mix improved the gameplay, but certainly not the roster

Bad news: The same roster with Toad and Slime added, but Paratroopa, Birdo, Dixie Kong, Boo, and Fly Guy removed. So yeah, there is still FF stuff, but with Mario stuff removed. :P

Slime is a Dragon Quest character, and he's related to the Final Fantasy characters because he's also made by Sqaure Enix (it's Dragon Quest he comes from). And don't ask me why they removed those awesome characters and didn't add Baby Luigi, ask Square Enix, since they developed the game. Nevertheless, it's not a bad game. I enjoyed it.

Mario Sports Mix isn't a bad game. Yeah, it's roster sucked hard, but is that the only reason the game is bad? The combination of Mario and Final Fantasy reminds me of Disney and Square Enix stuff anyway.

Don't listen to the reviewers either; they use very bad reasons for dissing the game. Example: Mario Sports Mix sucks because it doesn't follow the actual rules of the games. What kind of bull*blip* is this? When is the last time the Mario sports games even followed the rules? The reviewers even fail to mention the online provided in the game. Who hired these cruddy, ignorant people to write reviews and give Mario Sports Mix a 6/10 or 4/10?

Wow, giving a 4/10 is EXTREMELY harsh, man. I had lotsa fun with Mario Sports Mix and it kept me occupied for quite a while. Sure, tournaments can get tedious and Bowser's Castle sucks, but the rest was good.

Always take reviews with a grain of salt. Oftentimes, reviewers are "bribed" into rating certain games higher than others, and reviewers can't possibly have the same tastes that you have so they won't be accurate for you.

That is flawed. No wonder the M-rated shooters always score high.

I never trust reviews. It's simply either I enjoyed the game, or I did not.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
I never trust reviews. It's simply either I enjoyed the game, or I did not.

That's how you should always judge a game. Just use reviews as a reference, but not as a guide. Ignore the scores. That's why I like Kotaku reviews so much. Too bad they rarely review anything.

Okay, but the reviewers still bother me, because I am sure there are people out there that use reviews as a guide.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Okay, but the reviewers still bother me, because I am sure there are people out there that use reviews as a guide.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's kinda sad really.

Yes sad. And their biased scores get displayed in wikipedia and in MarioWiki. Ugh.

Worst Mario game? Hmmmm... I'm going to say it based on ones I played. I guess I'll say...Luigi's Mansion. Not a very fun game for me tbh, I didn't like it so much that I just sold it.

Peachy said:
Worst Mario game? Hmmmm... I'm going to say it based on ones I played. I guess I'll say...Luigi's Mansion. Not a very fun game for me tbh, I didn't like it so much that I just sold it.

How can you NOT like Luigis Mansion? That game is so fun and brings back nostalgia every time i play it... i must have beaten it 15 times, literally.

Luigi's Mansion was a great game. I can't wait for a sequel.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:

Luigi needs to get past the sequels that his brother goes through every other year. I think he should have more unique games in the same vein as Luigi's Mansion, but different.

Nightwatcher said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:

Yeah, but I'd like for the whole haunted house theme to be removed or at least toned down a bit.

Luigi's Mansion is not like Eternal Darkness; Eternal Darkness is WAY more terrifying.

I see what you mean, but when compared to the other Mario games, Luigi's Mansion is IMO too dark to be rated E. Granted, its not exactly dark enough to be rated A, M, or even T, but you still see some things you wouldn't expect in an E game.

Anyway, regarding the topic's title, I seriously don't like Superstar Saga. It didn't really feel like a Mario game, with the Bros. Moves, BeanBean Kingdom, and lack of classic enemies.

Luigi's Mansion is more quirky than dark, IMO.

Nightwatcher said:
Anyway, regarding the topic's title, I seriously don't like Superstar Saga. It didn't really feel like a Mario game, with the Bros. Moves, BeanBean Kingdom, and lack of classic enemies.

That's a new one. I don't think I've ever heard someone say that before. Did you feel the same way about Super Mario Bros. 2, or Super Mario Sunshine? I personally like the change of pace the game had.

Leonyx said:
Nightwatcher said:

That's a new one. I don't think I've ever heard someone say that before. Did you feel the same way about Super Mario Bros. 2, or Super Mario Sunshine? I personally like the change of pace the game had.

I actually feel kind of neutral towards SMB2 and Sunshine.

I guess my real reason for hating Superstar Saga is the game was exceedingly difficult for me. Admitingly, PiT also gave me difficulty during my first playthrough, but afterwards it wasn't as hard anymore. Superstar Saga on the other hand, I still can't finish whether its my original file or a new one.

Hmm, I found it pretty easy for the most part. Some of the Bros. moves take some time to get used to, though. That could be part of the problem.

My sister had little problem beating SuperStar Saga. Is she a pro gamer or what?

Back