Super Mario 3D Land

Re: Super Mario 3DS

Plus, Super Mario Galaxy 2 had waaayyy too many 2.5D levels. I want this game to have more 3D levels, but judging by the screenshots, there will be a handful of 2.5D levels...

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Plus, Super Mario Galaxy 2 had waaayyy too many 2.5D levels. I want this game to have more 3D levels, but judging by the screenshots, there will be a handful of 2.5D levels...
BECAUSE, of the return of the racoon power up

Are they going to return the Hammer Suit or what? It sounds fun to use.

Not to be pessimistic, but they might not even return the Raccoon Suit.

The Hammer Suit would be interesting.

Also, I hope the game has multiplayer platforming like in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

I'm all in for multiplayer

The penguin suit was better than the frog. I hope it gets in over the frog, but I don't really see that happening.

Probably not, since the game is SMB3 based. It could be possible, though.

I wish you can take power-ups to other levels instead of it being temporary

Scrub Jay said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 had quite a lot of powerups for a Mario game, but where it failed, it failed at distributing it evenly. You get a level that is centered on a powerup, but you won't see the powerup again. Boo Mario?

Similar issues happened in New Super Mario Bros. and its sequel, or at least I felt it did. Certain powerups were useful all the time, while others (Mini Mario, Penguin Suit, Blue Shell) were not. Admittedly, the powerups that were worth the least were the most fun for me, but still. I'd be happy with a nice, balanced set of 6 or 7 powerups.

I liked Shell and Boo suits, I don't know why they made it practically impossible to acquire them in the game, if talking about the entire game.

They were a missed opportunity, that's all.

And I enjoyed using the Penguin Suit.

I loved using the Penguin suit. It's my favorite part of New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Unfortunately, it was rarely advantagous to have.

It makes you swim better, you won't skid, you can toboggan, you can shoot ice balls, and you look cute. What's not to love? The only thing Penguin Suits lack is the locations you can find them.

Ornithologist Mario said:
It makes you swim better, you won't skid, you can toboggan, you can shoot ice balls, and you look cute. What's not to love? The only thing Penguin Suits lack is the locations you can find them.

Most of the levels were not designed so that it would be useful to slide anywhere, particularly because there was only one ice area. Other than the swimming, it didn't have much over Ice Mario outside of ice levels.

Propeller Suit is my favorite. I like it how you can fly. It's basically useless underwater, but meh.

I'd like the SMG style Ice Mario to return, as they can make more zany level design. The Penguin suit also needs to return.

Red Star and Ice Flower DEFINITELY needs to return

I'm all in for multiplayer

Yeah, definitely! I think the Mario series mainline games should aim for more multiplayer experiences as NSMB Wii was a huge success with that. I just hope that if they plan to do this, Toad would be playable (it's nice to see him playable in these types of games since he's usually not doing much anyways).

I played Super Mario Advance lately, and I had lotsa fun playing as Toad. He should be playable again.

I would like power-ups that are not lame as Super Mario Galaxy 2's power-ups for Yoshi. Maybe it should be permanent like the suits.

If Yoshi returns, I hope he doesn't have his god-awful voice from Super Mario galaxy 2, or I'm turning the volume way down.

The only time I didn't like Yoshi's voice was in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games(Wii) he would do a weird noise if he was passed by someone or losing. His voice was fine in SMG2. I agree with you about the powerups though.

Back