Super Mario 3D Land

Re: Super Mario 3DS

New Super Mario said:
I'm glad to see Tanooki or Raccoon Mario come again.
YESSSSS!!!!

Tanooki Suit =/= Raccoon Suit. Really. I'm not sure which Tanooki they are talking about though?

New Super Mario said:
Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Tanooki Suit =/= Raccoon Suit. Really. I'm not sure which Tanooki they are talking about though?
I think Tanooki gives you more airtime or something.

No, I think the P-Wing gives you more airtime, while the Tanooki Suit lets you transform into a statue for a few seconds, protecting you from damage and if used in the air, it crushes any enemies you land on, similar to Kirby's Stone Ability.

Tanooki Suit should be able to transform into different things, like in Kirby Super Star stone ability.

Maybe Mario can get, like, 20 different abilities, much like Kirby has. I know that it is high expectations, but it would be cool.

Maybe Mario can get, like, 20 different abilities, much like Kirby has. I know that it is high expectations, but it would be cool.
I doubt it. We'd be lucky if we get 12.

that's a lot... I think 8 with each form. Much like kirby in magic mirror and super star, that would be cool.

ToD the ToaD said:
that's a lot... I think 8 with each form. Much like kirby in magic mirror and super star, that would be cool.
Mario barely has abilties in his games, and the most was in SMB3, and that had lower quality than what we have now. I think Nintendo should revist the classics and see what made them good so they can repeat it.

Some parts of Kirby games I liked that Mario lacked was the ability to attack underwater in a sidescroller. And the abilities.

Fireballs?

Well, when I meant that, I mean attacking underwater without any abilities. My mistake

Please, no. This isn't a Kirby game. Too many abilities would make the game be unbalanced in my opinion, much like Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I'd like many of the New Super Mario Bros (And wii version) powerups, along with galaxy, to give you that new, different feel.

Leonyx said:

Please, no. This isn't a Kirby game. Too many abilities would make the game be unbalanced in my opinion, much like Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Kirby is more awesome than Mario in many ways. And Super Mario Galaxy 2 failed.

Kirby is more awesome than Mario in many ways. And Super Mario Galaxy 2 failed.

I think of them as different platforming games completely. Super Mario Galaxy 2 failing was my point. It doesn't work with Mario.

They are different. It would just be cool if Mario had a bunch of abilities at his arsenal. It would keep me occupied for longer.

I have just seen some of it...

This looks like something I'd actually enjoy a lot. I need a 3DS, though.

I've played Rayman on the 3DS. I've gotten a little hint about how 3D platformers will play.

This game will be an awesome game.

Wario is more likely than DK. What we need is Waluigi or Daisy

Super Mario Galaxy 2 had quite a lot of powerups for a Mario game, but where it failed, it failed at distributing it evenly. You get a level that is centered on a powerup, but you won't see the powerup again. Boo Mario?

I want Super Mario Land Music so badly...
Also how 'bout Wario as a boss?
Scrub Jay said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 had quite a lot of powerups for a Mario game, but where it failed, it failed at distributing it evenly. You get a level that is centered on a powerup, but you won't see the powerup again. Boo Mario?
True

Back