Super Mario 3D Land

Christmas Crackin355 said:
But I guess you have to blame the game for your failing at some point.
this line just wow i

no offense but it seems pretty insulting to assume the game is never at fault and everyone just "blames the game" and yeah it sounds like you just assume anyone complaining about a game's difficulty is bitching about their own failing

you may not have meant it badly but it sure is coming across that way! sorry

Sorry if I offended anyone, I blamed the game when i couldn't beat it either. I thought the block placement was stupid and it was horrible. But it really is just that your either not good enough or your rushing it a bit. I believe I'm just not good at it.

I feel like its a trial and error process, which is the same for most things that are hard to beat.

Christmas Crackin355 said:
Sorry if I offended anyone, I blamed the game when i couldn't beat it either. I thought the block placement was stupid and it was horrible. But it really is just that your either not good enough or your rushing it a bit. I believe I'm just not good at it.

I feel like its a trial and error process, which is the same for most things that are hard to beat.
i personally believe it can be both

like, it's entirely possible that the main issue is a lack of skill/patience!

it's also /equally/ possible for Bad Level Design to be a culprit. since that is a thing that can happen, not every game has perfect levels

just saying

Yeah, I guess your right. I just find more often that its the people blaming the game for it being bad are just saying that because they can't beat it.

Falling into a pit because I can't tell where I'm going to land is not my fault, it's the game's. I don't like games that are based on trial and error luck than true skill.

I started playing this again today. Still need to complete each level with Luigi, then it's Special 8 Crown for me, hoo boy.

It's funny because I never realized it shows whether you've gotten a golden flag and completed a level with Mario or Luigi in the bottom right corner, olol

So, uh, I finally got this a few days ago and I've found it surprisingly easy (considering I am Bad At Games and all) on the whole. There's been a few levels that have been arbitrarily more difficult than anything else in the same world, but nothing too bad.

...And then I hit Special 3. Welp. Think I've died here more than every other level combined so far. Can't wait to see the later levels now.
0N0hQ.gif

More importantly, I've got two stars on the file select thing for whatever reason. Do they actually mean anything or are they just a "good job!" thing?

Alright, thanks. Guess if I end up missing one somehow, I can just check GameFAQs or something then. There'll probably be a thing there on how to get all of 'em.

I'm working on the article List of media from Super Mario 3D Land, which is a collection of the game's soundtrack, as well as some gameplay videos. It's almost complete.

Okay, it's done. But if anyone can think of a soundtrack that I missed, please say so and I'll add it.

Back