Super Mario 3D Land

Re: Super Mario 3DS

I thought Super Mario Galaxy 2 was overly flawed and overrated, so...

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Per. I hope SM3DS doesn't turn out to be anything like Galaxy.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Per. I hope SM3DS doesn't turn out to be anything like Galaxy.
I like the galaxy games but the other 3D games seem better. Galaxy was good, but there weren't and levels like SM64

Besides, in Super Mario 64 DS, I could do random stuff like exploring and killing all the Goombas I see, like in a sandbox. If the game is like Galaxy, I wouldn't be able to do that.

Do we know what type of setting this takes place in? I hope it's like, a big kingdom or something. I guess like the land in PM64, but a lot bigger and not RPG. Rearranged of course. It'd be awesome to go onto maps and go around jumping on things without being in a painting world IMO.

Scrub Jay said:
Besides, in Super Mario 64 DS, I could do random stuff like exploring and killing all the Goombas I see, like in a sandbox. If the game is like Galaxy, I wouldn't be able to do that.
Exactly! That's the worst part about Galaxy. You can't explore as much.

I would like to have a mix of exploring and linearity. Sometimes, exploring worlds get so huge, it take 10 minutes to go across them. I like that, but I like variety as well.

I would like to have a mix of exploring and linearity. Sometimes, exploring worlds get so huge, it take 10 minutes to go across them. I like that, but I like variety as well.
That would be fun. A mix between Galaxy, NSMBW, and SM64 levels.

Judging from the screenshots, it does seem very Mario Galaxish at the moment. However, looking back at the beta versions of Mario games, I'm sure things would probably look better later on (perhaps more fresh like Mario 64 or Sunshine). I just hope they don't make it Mario Galaxy + raccoon power-up for the 3DS... (like how they brought back Yoshi for galaxy 2).

I hope they bring back alot of music like the NSMB overworld 2 and the SMB 2 themes. Those were awesome!

Well....there's still all possible things allowed, this may not be a Galaxy game. This could be a Sunshine 2 for all we know, with bonus levels LIKE the Galaxy series, and with Raccoon Mario. If this happens, it'll be interesting..besides, at GDC, they said it would be a TEMPORARY logo. I REALLY wanna see a Galaxy 3DS, just not right now. It's been 8 years since Sunshine, WE NEED A SEQUEL!

And I really don't want to see another Galaxy game. Before they do that, they should remake Super Mario Sunshine

And they should add Luigi, Waluigi, and Wario.

That would be epic, but I won't see that happening.

I can dream, though.

It's possible if Nintendo decides to broaden their scope of using characters for once. Sorry for the bitter comment.

It's possible if Nintendo decides to broaden their scope of using characters for once. Sorry for the bitter comment.

You know, what, even though I LOVE :mario: Mario :mario:, I'm bitter too.

Return to the index page
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 [1064]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Broken link...

Oh. Well....

It was a few quotes from Miyamoto saying that SM3DS would be like a fusion of SM64 and SMG. Which I take to mean is that it's going to a 64-esque game but with Galaxy's engine.

I would like a completely new game TBH, rather than have something with Galaxy's engine

I hope Mario has a more variety of attack instead of spinning, pounding the ground, or a homing spin pound.

I like the punch punch kick thing

The link is working now.

If you see a MySQL error, it always means that the database isn't synced well, so the site can't load the database.
It's like a game save:
You have a game file, and a save file.
A game file is a file with content, but it can't save.
A save file is the file that saves everything.

And so do websites:
PHP are content files, MySQL is a saved database.

I barely played SMB3, so it's nice. However, I WANT MULTIPLAYER MODES. DARN IT.

Back