Super Mario 3D Land

Re: Super Mario 3DS

And Galaxy 2. I think Bowser's Battle should be a 3D version of the Super Mario Bros one.

Speaking of your new username/sig, I'll just repeat my point of Nintendo messing up the Tanooki Suit (and the Raccoon Suit)

Snowstalker said:
Speaking of your new username/sig, I'll just repeat my point of Nintendo messing up the Tanooki Suit (and the Raccoon Suit)
The Tanooki Suit will be awesome, i'm pretty surprised that they're bringing back Tanooki instead of Raccoon.

I was disapointed when you couldn't fly

Koopa Kid said:
I was disapointed when you couldn't fly
Ture but he could stay in the air for longer.

Tannoki Mario couldn't turn into a statue? WTF? Sorry if it sounds old, I haven't been updated with Super Mario 3DS info.

Nintendo got mixed up with Tanooki Suit and Super Leaves.

I guess flying would break the game. They still should have kept the Stone ability.

Baby Luigi said:
I guess flying would break the game. They still should have kept the Stone ability.

It's the only thing that distinguishes the Tanooki suit from the Raccoon suit, other than obviously the appearance.

I think what Nintendo did was pretty dumb. Like my sister said, I guess Nintendo got mixed up with the Tanooki Suit and Super Leaves

Super Leaves turn Mario into Raccon Mario and the Tanooki Suit turns Mario into Tanooki Mario. So why are those Super Leafs turn Mario into Tanooki Mario, maybe a Toad was Playing with them and put Tanooki Suits on the Leaf.

I bet the Tanooki suit will transform him into Raccoon Mario (jk)

Ornithologist Mario said:
I bet the Tanooki suit will transform him into Raccoon Mario (jk)
That won't work. Anyway how dose Maro get into the suit so quickly.

Did you notice the J and the K in parentheses?

The suit itself is not wearable. If Mario touches it, though, his clothes transforms into the suit.

This might be what I've been wanting for 23 years now! (Ever since SMB2 came out, and I sent in a suggestion for SMB3 (which I didn't know was already produced and out in Japan) to be a 3D version of the original).

People keep wondering if it will be another Galaxy. Well, if it's 3D, then it will resemble either Galaxy, Sunshine or 64. Since the 3D graphics have improved since 64, then I would say it will look like Galaxy. But the format, from what we're seeing is not Galaxy. I haven't seen a Mario ship planet, or small rounded worldlets in any of the shots and clips. Even if some scenes seemed to be in the air, Mario has always had levels like that.
One review (which I can't find right now; it was probably one of the videos) even said it was being patterned after the original SMB, with the forward progression, time focus and finishing one level and moving on. This is what I had been wanting for years, instead of the "world map" concept introduced in SMB3, which of course became the "galaxy" format in SMG1&2. We can already see that it has the flagpole. So this really does not look like a Galaxy format game.

Otherwise, it really seems to focus on more of the SMB trappings, such as blocks, coins and goombas (Haven't seen any Koopa Troopas yet, though we can see shells). Also, the little/big Mario concept, which Ibelive hasnever been used in any of the 3D games (Making them seem like different series rather then 3D version of Mario).
I did like the idea of retaining many of the SMB3 and later powerups, and we see the consolidated raccoon/Tanooki suit, and now promise of more of them. Hope they bring back the frog, hammer, Kuribo's shoe, and penguin or at least ice power as well. (I see that goombas can have raccoon power as well).

Those green flippy tiles remind me of Galaxy2, but I guess they're a good idea.

So it looks like this is going to be good! It will certainly prompt me to get the 3DS. (Which will be my first handheld game system ever!)

The 3DS does play the NSMB, right? (So I could finally get that game as well).

Eric B said:
This might be what I've been wanting for 23 years now! (Ever since SMB2 came out, and I sent in a suggestion for SMB3 (which I didn't know was already produced and out in Japan) to be a 3D version of the original).

People keep wondering if it will be another Galaxy. Well, if it's 3D, then it will resemble either Galaxy, Sunshine or 64. Since the 3D graphics have improved since 64, then I would say it will look like Galaxy. But the format, from what we're seeing is not Galaxy. I haven't seen a Mario ship planet, or small rounded worldlets in any of the shots and clips. Even if some scenes seemed to be in the air, Mario has always had levels like that.
One review (which I can't find right now; it was probably one of the videos) even said it was being patterned after the original SMB, with the forward progression, time focus and finishing one level and moving on. This is what I had been wanting for years, instead of the "world map" concept introduced in SMB3, which of course became the "galaxy" format in SMG1&2. We can already see that it has the flagpole. So this really does not look like a Galaxy format game.

Otherwise, it really seems to focus on more of the SMB trappings, such as blocks, coins and goombas (Haven't seen any Koopa Troopas yet, though we can see shells). Also, the little/big Mario concept, which Ibelive hasnever been used in any of the 3D games (Making them seem like different series rather then 3D version of Mario).
I did like the idea of retaining many of the SMB3 and later powerups, and we see the consolidated raccoon/Tanooki suit, and now promise of more of them. Hope they bring back the frog, hammer, Kuribo's shoe, and penguin or at least ice power as well. (I see that goombas can have raccoon power as well).

So it looks like this is going to be good! It will certainly prompt me to get the 3DS. (Which will be my first handheld game system ever!)

Per everything you siad. You can play DS games with the 3DS which means you can play NSMB.

Eric B said:

Awesome Idea.

I think these were the articles I saw, highlighting the connection to the original games:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/117/1174800p1.html
http://ds.ign.com/articles/117/1173782p1.html

Complete Super Mario 3D playthrough at E3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_0Ww3R31x0

What up with flagpole in airship?

Re: Complete Super Mario 3D playthrough at E3

Ask the Piantas who put fruits on rooftops and fountains.

I don't like how linear it's looking.

Me neither. The gameplay looks very slow.

Why can't we have levels like Super Mario Sunshine again?

It is a beta and it is unfinished or Mario is slow to stop players rushing through the game

I'm not very impressed with the game so far.

Back