Ages of Mario Characters

I have you all beat. I was 4.

btw Yoshi might be really hard to put a number on.

Pretty sure Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are around 3-4

As for Toad and Toadette I always think they're younger than Mario and Luigi.

Iggy Waffles said:
Mario = 30
Luigi = 27

Peach = 24
Daisy = 20
Bowser = 42
Wario = 32
Waluigi = 29
Toad = 35
Toadsworth = 55
Bowser Jr. = 9
Yoshi = I have no idea.
They're twins tho.

My personal headcanon

Mario: 35
Luigi: 35
Peach: 34
Bowser: 36
Bowser Jr.: 6
Wario: 30
Waluigi: 29
Toadsworth: 65
Kamek: 2000
King Boo: 5000
Daisy: 34
Rosalina: Doesn't physically age but 1000
Toad: (How am i gonna put all the ages for millions of toads)

LunarTanooki said:
Didn't Mario's japanese Super Smash Bros. Melee trophy description reveal that he was 26?
Yeah.

Unfortunately, not much is said after that, so it really doesn't affect my headcanon that he's 36.

I don't actually think they age at all. Toadsworth had a mustache from the start.

The Pyro Guy said:
I don't actually think they age at all. Toadsworth had a mustache from the start.
I'm okay with floating timelines and all..but you just reminded me of a personal experience from Mii Party where all the babies had mustaches.

I used to think that Mario is middle-aged due to his moustache, but as I grew older, I realised that moustaches are not necessarily a showcase of seniority. It sounds about right that Mario is pretty young. After all, if you remove the moustache, he looks like a child or a younger man.

I like to imagine that Daisy and Waluigi are slightly younger than most of the characters on account of them not being in the storks from Yoshi's Island DS. Due to this, I imagine Bowser being older than most of them assuming that Baby Bowser would have been similarly being delivered through stork and learning to speak pretty coherently.

Thanks for reading.

Well, logically you would have to put the ages of Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser at somewhere between 200 and 300. It is said that the Star Festival from Super Mario Galaxy celebrates a comet that passes the planet every 100 years. The very comet with the observatory on it.

Now, the comet observatory appears in three different main series titles, SMG, SMG2, and SM3DW. For any person to witness three different appearances of the comet, they would have to be at least 201 years old (slighty older if they want to remember the first appearance). Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser have all lived to encounter the observatory three times, ergo they must be at least that old. Maybe one century can be cut off if you believe that, when the universe was remade at the end of SMG, time was rewound to slightly before the Star Festival and SMG2 happened there.

The reason why none of them seem to age is because they are contractually forbidden to. It's hard being a Nintendo employee.

Finally, someone who agrees with Mario and Luigi being 200.

I remember in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time interview they mentioned that Mario can't age as well.

Dr. Alphys said:
Well, logically you would have to put the ages of Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser at somewhere between 200 and 300. It is said that the Star Festival from Super Mario Galaxy celebrates a comet that passes the planet every 100 years. The very comet with the observatory on it.

Now, the comet observatory appears in three different main series titles, SMG, SMG2, and SM3DW. For any person to witness three different appearances of the comet, they would have to be at least 201 years old (slighty older if they want to remember the first appearance). Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser have all lived to encounter the observatory three times, ergo they must be at least that old. Maybe one century can be cut off if you believe that, when the universe was remade at the end of SMG, time was rewound to slightly before the Star Festival and SMG2 happened there.

The reason why none of them seem to age is because they are contractually forbidden to. It's hard being a Nintendo employee.
As I will repeat in an obviously obnoxious manner, for Bowser things are easier.
We might also say that in SM3DW they left the world to reach Rosalina's observatory, so maybe a little less than 200 years. Anyway, the idea that Lemmy is like 125 years old and still looking like a 2 years child is something enticing to say the least...

Ninelevendo said:

I remember in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time interview they mentioned that Mario can't age as well.

Wait there was a Partners in Time interview?

Baby Luigi said:
Ninelevendo said:

Wait there was a Partners in Time interview?
Yeah I'm referring to the Iwata Asks, which I can't seem to find anywhere or see any proof of it existing. :/ It's likely that you've already read it though.

I clearly remember a line stating something about them thinking adding Grandpa Mario, but that can't happen because Mario can't age, then someone reasoned that it means that Baby Mario could never grow up to be the actual Mario, at which someone replied with "You just blew my mind".

It was this interview that I got my headcanon of Baby Mario and Luigi being different versions of the older variants, which can't actually have Baby versions.

Edit:Maybe it wasn't a PiT interview but a Mario related one? Can't find it in Dream Teams, I'll keep looking.

Dr. Alphys said:
Now, the comet observatory appears in three different main series titles, SMG, SMG2, and SM3DW. For any person to witness three different appearances of the comet, they would have to be at least 201 years old (slighty older if they want to remember the first appearance).
What if this observatory was, well, like an actual comet like Hale-Bopp, which means it stuck around for quite a while? Hale-Bopp was visible for 18 months. It can be reasonable to assume that the Comet Observatory was visible in all three games within this time period.

Galaxy 2 specifically says "and that time has come again", implying that the game is 100 years after the first game.

I think you can pretty much disregard 3D World, since the Observatory is seen in World Crown, which I think you could assume is nowhere near the Mushroom Kingdom.

Striker Mario said:
Dr. Alphys said:
Now, the comet observatory appears in three different main series titles, SMG, SMG2, and SM3DW. For any person to witness three different appearances of the comet, they would have to be at least 201 years old (slighty older if they want to remember the first appearance).
What if this observatory was, well, like an actual comet like Hale-Bopp, which means it stuck around for quite a while? Hale-Bopp was visible for 18 months. It can be reasonable to assume that the Comet Observatory was visible in all three games within this time period.

That isn't as funny though.

Ninelevendo said:
Galaxy 2 specifically says "and that time has come again", implying that the game is 100 years after the first game.
Didn't Galaxy 1 say something like that as well?

Well, since the Star Festival is apparently a well-established event, it would make sense that the comet has arrived 100 years prior to SMG as well. So in either case, "and that time has come again" is an accurate statement.

So like, the statement can neither prove nor disprove how much time has passed between the two games.

From our own Mario wiki
"Since Mario is stated to be 26 years old in the Japanese version of Super Smash Bros. Melee, provided it is correct, Luigi is also 26 years old."
This is only source where we have an official age put for the Mario bros. so it's best to put this in mind when discussing the age of the characters. Wario and Waluigi must be Mario and Luigi's age since they are their evil counterparts and that fits with the pattern. Peach has to be slightly younger than Mario and Luigi, so I put her at around 24-26. Daisy is said to be a "very young" princess and she acts immature and childish compared to the other girls so I put her around 16-17, maybe 18 at the most. Rosalina is implied to have lived for hundreds, maybe thousands, of years and she looks slightly older than Peach so I put her physically at 26-28. Bowser is probably the same age as Mario since he was a baby when Mario was. Bowser Jr sounds and acts around 8-10 years old. That's all I got for now.

Bowser is probably a bit older than Mario because he could walk and talk when Mario had to be riding a Yoshi to get around. I also think Wario is a bit older than Mario for the same reasons.

Back