Mario Tennis Aces

LeftyGreenMario said:
I hope this game delivers given this game's development cycle seems short.

See, Sports Superstars was released just last year in Spring. It's developed by Camelot (and Namco). Assuming Camelot isn't already working on this game during Sports Superstars development, that'll mean this game got around only one year of development. Perhaps Ultra Smash gave it a boost, though, so if it's like Ultra Smash, but with more stuff, would make a little more sense for the short development time. Either way, that spring release a year after Mario Sports Superstars, I hope, isn't ultimately a bad thing.
I noticed that too. From what I've seen, the physics seems to be the same of Ultra Smash, Swifite Luma already spotted the aniamtions and various assets reused from that game, I don't know much about the rest as from what I've seen the demo was of Classic Tennis Simple. My guess is that they'll reuse as much as possible from Ultra Smash, while adding new things. We already saw the tennis wear and story mode, the addition of those gauges and the possibility of breaking rackets means that even in the gameplay segment something was added.
In terms of roster, I wonder if beside Ultra Smash they'll add the characters from Mario Sports Superstars, reusing some animations from that game (or if this really happens, should we say that MSS had the animations already prepared for Mario Tennis Aces readapted for the 3DS?).

Anyway, much depends on how smart they are in reusing existing assets while adding new things. I think 1 year is just too little to develop a game from the ground-up, just think about what happened with Mario Kart 8 which turned out to be heavily based on Mario Kart 7 and yet after 3 years of development it had a delay and ultimately needed quite a bit of post release development to have an "almost fixed" roster (according to Mario Kart Wii standards) and a proper Battle Mode.

Mister Wu said:
In terms of roster, I wonder if beside Ultra Smash they'll add the characters from Mario Sports Superstars, reusing some animations from that game (or if this really happens, should we say that MSS had the animations already prepared for Mario Tennis Aces readapted for the 3DS?).

God I hope that would happen.

Well it wouldn't really surprise me if we get MSS characters, specially when Rosalina uses her Ultra Smash animations in Sports Super Stars so they can be used again back and forth for every character.

Alex95 said:
MTA_Wario_Tennis_Outfit.jpg

Uh.........Toad? You alright?
Do you see Wario's body shape?
I don't blame him.

Sleeping on the job. Typical.

Baby Luigi said:
Mister Wu said:

God I hope that would happen.
That means we would be getting :metal: and :pgp:! Yaaaaaaaaaayyy, Pink Gold Peach!!!
:pgp: :pgp: :pgp:
watch-nb-fan-s-vina-nathaniel-bandy-santo-perro-bolas-esta-loco.jpg

Call me a minority, but I hope that we could still have Miis as playable characters, even though they are considered not well-liked by most of us. They are quite charming and I like them. Only thing is they cannot be overpowered, otherwise it's Mario Open Tennis over again. After all, Switch still allows us to save Miis.

Thank you for reading.

Mario Sports Superstars was also finished and localised in Summer 2016. Camelot were credited but the Namco Bandai team behind it was much bigger...makes me think that Camelot wasn't really involved.

http://kyoto-report.wikidot.com/mario-sports-superstars

I guess this game was in development for at least 2 and a half years.

to me it looks like they used US as a base to save time and develop all the story mode and etc .

Basically, this is gonna be the ''complete'' version of Ultra Smash. I just want the roster to be acceptable even though i know Rosalina is gonna be on it.

Gimmick courts also seem to be on it ... hopefuly they consider Luigi's Mansion as a court again, that was my favorite.

winstein said:
Call me a minority, but I hope that we could still have Miis as playable characters, even though they are considered not well-liked by most of us. They are quite charming and I like them. Only thing is they cannot be overpowered, otherwise it's Mario Open Tennis over again. After all, Switch still allows us to save Miis.

Thank you for reading.
I'd also want spare online players who want to play a Mario game online, but maybe I'm just a purist.

Swiftie_Luma said:
to me it looks like they used US as a base to save time and develop all the story mode and etc .

Basically, this is gonna be the ''complete'' version of Ultra Smash. I just want the roster to be acceptable even though i know Rosalina is gonna be on it.

Gimmick courts also seem to be on it ... hopefuly they consider Luigi's Mansion as a court again, that was my favorite.
Considering we see that jungle court with the pipes, I feel like gimmicks are back. That is assuming it's not story exclusive.

I foresee most of the Ultra Smash roster returning, as well as characters from Sports Superstars. Throw in one or two more brand new characters and you've got yourself a roster.

Well, on the other hand, it did take a while for Rosalina to solidly take ahold of playable status. Mario Super Sluggers and Mario Tennis Open exactly didn't have pronouncing Rosalina as their new playable goddess.

infinite8 said:
I'm guessing Pauline's playable debut would be obvious.

I don't think Pauline will be appearing in these kinds of games. New Donk City and the band seems like a one off because it was meant to be very unlike Mario. This game is aiming for the Mario style that was present in NSMB games, 3D World and Mario Party. Rosalina seems a lot less out of place in comparison.

Classic

Mario_MP100.png

Odyssey

SMO_Art_-_Mario.png

It's called nicer detailed graphics. It's not a huge jump or change in style.

memoryman3 said:
Why is this not stickied?

Ask a mod. They'll happily do it.

Back