Do you think there should be a CGI Mario movie?

Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Discord said:
Discord said:
Peter Sam said:
The Paper Mario games had a deep and moving story, and Mario was still a mime.

I'm thinking of something like that.
Well, Zelda has deep and moving stories without Link ever showing emotion at all. Mario would shake his head and other actions; Link is just the player.
Well, Link sometimes shows emotion but not much.
And a legend of Zelda movie would suck
With a good script and director it has potential.
Link doesn't talk nor does Link have a side kick so even if you give him a voice (which will drive away fan boys) he wouldn't do anything but talk to himself
What about Navi? He's Link's sidekick.
Navi is A female and B hated
A. How do you tell a fairy's gender?
B. It would be better than having Tingle.

supermariofan said:
Here's my casting choice:
Mario-Mark Wahlberg
Luigi-Robin Williams
Peach-Amy Adams
Daisy-Taylor Swift
Toad-Seth Rogen
Yoshi-Bronson Pinchot
Wario-Jack Black
Waluigi-Adam Sandler
Donkey Kong-Ron Perlman
Diddy Kong-Chris Tucker
Bowser-Gary Oldman
Kamek-Ray Liotta
Bowser Jr-Justin Timberlake
Ludwig von Koopa-Nathan Kress
Wendy Koopa-Elle Fanning
Morton Koopa Jr-Josh Peck
Roy Koopa-Tracy Morgan
Iggy Koopa-Frankie Muniz
Larry Koopa-Jason Earls
Lemmy Koopa-Macaulay Culkin
Toadsworth-Christopher Lloyd
okay scratch two of that: Wendy Koopa-Victoria Justice and Toadsworth-Christopher Plummer

To be honest, it'd be hard to keep consistency for the movie with so many games. But, please God, let it be a galaxy themed movie

Indeed like Koopaul said, it would be very difficult to make an enjoyable movie if the main protagonist was to be silent or have very little to no personality. Silent protagonists work in video games as they are the characters we interact with and thus we are allowed to envision their personalities and goals. In a Mario movie, we would need Mario himself to be expressive as well in order to appeal to the audience.

The unfortunate thing is that we have had several Mario films/animations (most of which was Japanese) in the past; however, none of them really took off to being successful in any way. Considering that the goal in the Mario games is very shallow (just rescuing the princess), character development will definitely need to be visible in the film in order to make it likable. I really don't know how many people were amused by the actors playing as Mario and Luigi in the SMB film.

Propeller Toad said:
I really don't know how many people were amused by the actors playing as Mario and Luigi in the SMB film.
I for one wasn't.

Two Italian plumbers played by a British guy and a Latino? No thanks.

I liked the Super Show voices better.

The actors in the Super Mario Bros. film don't even look faithful to Mario and Luigi at all

Sure, make it good. Mix some classic Mario enemies with some newer ones being minor villains. It should be supervised by Nintendo, though. I don't want this hypothetical film to get details wrong. The story should just, in my humble opinion, be classic. Bowser kidnaps Princess Peach, Mario has to rescue her.

I saw a Mario manga that has Mario and Princess Peach as non-biological siblings (they were raised by two elderly Hammer Bros). Bowser kidnaps Peach, and after many years pass, Mario goes on a quest armed with a Super Mushroom and a gun. On the way, he meets a Spike, a Para-Beetle, and a Boomerang Bro. willing to help him. Then he finds Bowser's castle, defeats him, saves Peach, etc.

How about something like that? Yes or no?

Do you mean this? :D

I think it was rather interesting and it does have the concept of how a Mario story should go (though the minions joining Mario would be odd in an actual Super Mario adaptation). Seems like this short inspired Paper Mario though...

I personally enjoyed the Snow White adaptation (especially with the seven Toads) ;D.

Of course, we're going to need a unique plot for a Mario movie and the former Mario short did have a unique taste to it.

right now I'm writing a script of a CGI Mario film, it's gonna have an all-star cast, and it will be a huge improvement over that other piece of shit!

Finally Mr. Martinet will have more dialouge.

Post-Damage Invincibility said:
actually I'm excluding him because I don't think you'd want to hear that high pitched itallian accent in a feature length film in fact the characters aren't even gonna speak itallian

Does MArtinet even know Itallian?

I'm also thinking of adding a king of the Mushroom Kingdom in my screenplay who will also be a father of Peach now who's voice would sound royal enough? Kelsey Grammer, Dennis Quaid, Robert DeNiro, or Jon Voight

supermariofan said:
Post-Damage Invincibility said:
actually I'm excluding him because I don't think you'd want to hear that high pitched itallian accent in a feature length film in fact the characters aren't even gonna speak itallian

I do. I listened through the entire Sports Mix conference and I thought it was just fine

Nega-Man said:
He is known to play silly, wacky parts after all so that would be pretty fitting.
and to make it more hilarious I'm thinking of giving Carrey a German accent since E.gadd is some scientist

supermariofan said:
Nega-Man said:
He is known to play silly, wacky parts after all so that would be pretty fitting.
and to make it more hilarious I'm thinking of giving Carrey a German accent since E.gadd is some scientist
Except E. Gadd speaks in gibberish Japanese.

Propeller Toad said:
Indeed like Koopaul said, it would be very difficult to make an enjoyable movie if the main protagonist was to be silent or have very little to no personality. Silent protagonists work in video games as they are the characters we interact with and thus we are allowed to envision their personalities and goals. In a Mario movie, we would need Mario himself to be expressive as well in order to appeal to the audience.
Per. I was actually thinking something kinda like Wall-E, in that Mario would be incredibly expressive and emotional without saying a word (besides the usual YAHOO! and HERE WE GO!) throughout the whole movie.

Did no one watch the Sports Mix conference? He spoke in full sentences there. He's not a fully silent protagonist.

Back