Do you think there should be a CGI Mario movie?

Baby Luigi said:
Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man said:
Not really the whole concept of a Mario movie wouldn't work since Mario doesn't have an actual personality, and the plots of Mario games are very weak so a Mario Movie would probably have just as weak a plot

The creators of the movie, could, well, just come up with the plot the Mario series uses but give way more depth to it. I can see it happening.
You mean like how the creators of the live action movie came up with a different plot to give it more depth cause as we all know that worked out just great

The creators of that horrible live action movie didn't know what they were doing in the very start.

And i'm to assume that these guys would be able to take the Mario series where the main attack is jumping and where the Mario Brothers never back down and make it into a CGI movie that wouldn't suck yeah not buying it.

I'm not talking about those people who made that sorry excuse of a Mario movie.

If a better team of people would make a better movie (and I'm entirely convinced that a good movie maker can turn something simple as the Mario series into a deep, satisfying story) then it would be great.

So what you want is a movie about the Mario series just with everything the Mario series doesn't have you know like a deep plot and such.

So what you want is a movie about the Mario series just with everything the Mario series doesn't have you know like a deep plot and such.

It doesn't have to be like this way. You can't make it 100% related to the Mario series, or else there would be no point in watching it.

Heck, even Miyamoto made comments about the Super Mario Bros. Movie related to our discussion

[In] the end, it was a very fun project that they put a lot of effort into. The one thing that I still have some regrets about is that the movie may have tried to get a little too close to what the Mario Bros. videogames were. And in that sense, it became a movie that was about a videogame, rather than being an entertaining movie in and of itself.

That's why you shouldn't make a Mario movie and no offence but Miyamoto doesn't know what he's talking about nobody had fun making that project. I don't know what movie he saw but the movie i saw had nothing to do with the Mario series. In fact that movie was about the farthest you could be from making a movie about the Mario series so in short you can't make a Mario movie because people will complain that it wasn't anything like the series, you can't make a Mario movie like the actual series because the Mario series has to many flaws, The only people that would possibly think this is a good idea are fan boys and fan girls nobody else wants this movie.

Well I still think a CGI Mario movie is a good idea. I think with a good plot, good script, nice visuals, nice sounds, and great directing, you can achieve it.

And if they make a Mario movie, they should use the plots from the Mario RPGs. They have way better plots than the platformers.

Think about the plots to RPG games they are long and filled with characters. Now let's take a look at your average movie it's around 2-3 hours. Now let's look at Paper Mario you would have to include explanations for all 8 partners appearances. Plus you would have to include reasonable development and dialogue for each character. Your also going to have to condense the main plot of the game so your looking at cutting at least 3 bosses. And this isn't even including the Peach sub plot (which let's face it you'll have to include) which will run at least 15-30 minutes and than you have to add in scenes with Bowser and Peach to develop them. So in short your looking at a 4-5 hour movie at it's shortest

Ok, I was thinking of the Mario and Luigi games. They are much simpler in plot than the average Paper Mario game.

Yes but they have a lot going on think about it try creating a movie for Superstar saga it wouldn't work there's to many characters and two any bosses

Let's say this: Bowser stages a coup and kidnaps Mario, Luigi, and Peach (why does he care about Peach so much seriously at least there's always a reason that Zelda gets kidnapped). Mario breaks out (screw Luigi, I guess he could come) but must go into hiding to avoid being caught by Bowser's forces, who have taken over the Mushroom Kingdom. Then they join a rebellion and do stuff.

Yeah I don't think out my plots very well.

I thought Chris Tucker might make a good Diddy because Diddy is like an annoying comic relief even in the show so I think his voice might fit well

Personally, I wouldn't do it in CGI. In my opinion, Studio Ghibli could try to make one. I have no idea what Mario or anyone would look like but with their experience, it might be very good.

Creeper said:
Personally, I wouldn't do it in CGI. In my opinion, Studio Ghibli could try to make one. I have no idea what Mario or anyone would look like but with their experience, it might be very good.
oh it will it may not be a masterpiece but you bet your ass it will be way better than the live action movie

supermariofan said:
Creeper said:
oh it will it may not be a masterpiece but you bet your ass it will be way better than the live action movie
Hell i bet you can't even tell me what's bad about the Mario movie with out saying it's not like the Mario games

supermariofan said:
Creeper said:
Hell i bet you can't even tell me what's bad about the Mario movie with out saying it's not like the Mario games
have you seen the goombas? :eek: also it's sad to see a late great actor like Dennis Hopper in a movie like that plus it's funny the way he said "bob-omb" and "monkey", and the humor is not that good

The intro is poorly animated. They gave Mario an uncreative last name.

Dumbasses who made the movie: Let's see, Mario's last name will be....Mario! And Luigi's last name will be Mario, too!

Evil Magikrazy said:

Dumbasses who made the movie: Let's see, Mario's last name will be....Mario! And Luigi's last name will be Mario, too!
Amen to that

Evil Magikrazy said:

Um Dr. Mario doctors use there last name so it would be Mario Mario

Back