Do you think there should be a CGI Mario movie?

Baby Luigi said:
Did no one watch the Sports Mix conference? He spoke in full sentences there. He's not a fully silent protagonist.

*raises hand* That conference was actually entertaining.

I think that Martinet should only be limited to Mario if there was a movie.

RandomGuy said:

I think Martinet does a nice job with all the character he voice acts

Baby Luigi said:
RandomGuy said:

Well, that still doesn't matter, because there would be too many voiced parts. Besides that demonic "Hi, I'm :daisy:" and that apparently transgendered birdo.

Look at all the roles that would be filled if Martinet was a voice actor in the supposed movie:

Mario
Luigi
Wario
Waluigi
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Toadsworth

What do you guys think of the other video game actors/actresses?

Drilbur said:
Look at all the roles that would be filled if Martinet was a voice actor in the supposed movie:

Mario
Luigi
Wario
Waluigi
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Toadsworth

What do you guys think of the other video game actors/actresses?

Toadsworth, actually, I could see being filled by another actor. Preferrably Patrick Stewart, but that's just my opinion.

I'd really like to see Ricky Gervais or Jeremy Irons as Bowser.

EDIT: Oh, and I'd get Dennis DeYoung to help arrange the music. Yeah, it would mostly contain themes from the game, but they would be arranged and performed by DeYoung, and I'd really like to see Not Dead Yet somewhere in the movie. It's just so fitting.

RandomGuy said:
Baby Luigi said:
RandomGuy said:

"Hi, I'm :daisy:"

1. I think that quote highly exaggerated
2. That quote is a minority compared to the games she appeared in. She said it in, like, only 2 games

If she was in that movie, chances are that she won't say it. Besides, I think she has a loud, funny voice. In Mario Party 8 when she falls, for instance.

Ornithologist Mario said:
If she was in that movie, chances are that she won't say it. Besides, I think she has a loud, funny voice. In Mario Party 8 when she falls, for instance.
Well what if Taylor Swift or Kristen Stewart plays her

supermariofan said:
Well what if Taylor Swift or Kristen Stewart plays her

Daisy doesn't blink faster than a hummingbird nor does her thoughts stammer. Daisy isn't an angst-filled pale nervous girl.

Mario's voice is so iconic I can't imagine them using someone else.

Daisy. I doubt she'd even be in the movie. You can't have too many characters that would serve no purpose in the story. She could be an extra or supporting character but I don't know what she could do.

The characters would be as follows...

Main characters: (the story follows, ex Luke, Han, Leia, Vader,)

Mario - protagonist
Luigi - deuteragonist
Peach - tritagonist
Bowser - antagonist

Supporting Characters: (support the main characters, ex Obi Wan, R2D2, C3PO, Chewbaka)

Toad
Toadsworth
Bowser Jr.

Extra Characters:

Koopas
Toads
Yoshis

Koopaul said:
Mario's voice is so iconic I can't imagine them using someone else.

Daisy. I doubt she'd even be in the movie. You can't have too many characters that would serve no purpose in the story. She could be an extra or supporting character but I don't know what she could do.

The characters would be as follows...

Main characters: (the story follows, ex Luke, Han, Leia, Vader,)

Mario - protagonist
Luigi - deuteragonist
Peach - tritagonist
Bowser - antagonist

Supporting Characters: (support the main characters, ex Obi Wan, R2D2, C3PO, Chewbaka)

Toad
Toadsworth
Bowser Jr.

Extra Characters:

Koopas
Toads
Yoshis
How about Mark Wahlberg as Mario but not in an itallian accent

Charles Martinet had made Mario talk before. Most people recognize Mario's voice, so people wouldn't like it if Mario received a different voice actor.

Charles Martinet had made Mario talk before. Most people recognize Mario's voice, so people wouldn't like it if Mario received a different voice actor.
I like Martinet's Mario voice but to tell you the truth would you like to hear him talk like that in actual sentences in a feature length film?

Yes, it would be delightful to hear him.

Drilbur said:
What if Mario is silent, like he always is?

I wouldn't mind it, because that's what I expect. However, I prefer if he talked and had characteristics of a dynamic character. That is, the character undergoes a change (like he learns a lesson) during the movie.

Back