Do you think there should be a CGI Mario movie?

He calls himself Dr. Mario because he has no last name. Nowhere else is he Mario Mario except for the movie. Plus, that's a stupid name! Could you imagine:

Mario Mario
Yoshi Yoshi
Toad Toad
Daisy Daisy
Wario Wario
Lakitu Lakitu

It's stupid and uncreative! Only the husband and wife team that directed the movie could be that stupid!

His mom is Mama Mario his dad is Papa Mario notice the trend

His grandma is Grandma Mario also Mario isn't a woman's name

Perhaps it's like Johnny Cash's "A Boy Named Sue", where one is named a name of a different gender because his/her parents wanted him/her to be tough from bullying.

Or maybe Grandma Mario was embarrassed of her masculine name, so she named her daughter Mario, too.

So that is more logical than just saying Mario's last name is Mario

Little known fact Mama Mario's maiden name is Rigassi which means her married last name is Mario which means Mario's last name is Mario. Also her first name is Mia proven by the Episode Mama Mia Mario

The thing about movie is it doesn't need a complex plot but it should deal with a lot of complex emotions.

The story as a whole could be about the first time Bowser kidnaps Peach (forget Partners in Time, he just does this as an adult) and the not-yet-heroes Mario Bros. are thrown in a situation where they have to save her.

Simple plot but think about this.

While this is going you see the relationship between Mario and Luigi. On the surface they seem to get along, but during the movie you find they have underlying issues with each other.

Mario secretly looks down on his younger brother, feeling like he's holding up the plumbing business all by himself. Luigi is jealous of Mario but also sees him as arrogant. They eventually fight, but throughout the trials of the movie they learn how much they love each other, and that they need each other to pull through. Then you get some really heartwarming scenes.

But that's not all!

Bowser has captured Peach, on the surface he looks like a monster, but throughout the movie you learn he is insecure and has no idea how to help his people and children who live in the horrible Dark Lands. Peach shows some sympathy for him which eventually makes Bowser fall in love with her. Peach does not love him back and Bowser blames Mario who is currently fighting his forces and is making him feel weak and pathetic.

See there's a lot going on here, even with the simple plot of rescue the princess.

Yeah that's a terrible idea the Mario series doesn't have complex emotions (unless your a one time RPG villain) so all your doing is ruining something by making it something it's not complex

Well than you can't have a Mario movie!

Characters need to have emotions and feelings in order for the audience to follow them.

If Mario is just a voiceless personalityless character no one is going to like him.

Its one thing in a video game, its another thing in a movie.

I suppose it would be okay if Mario and Luigi were just comic relief but they are supposed to be our protagonists. They need to be deeper than they are in their games.

Koopaul said:

Characters need to have emotions and feelings in order for the audience to follow them.

If Mario is just a voiceless personalityless character no one is going to like him.

I suppose it would be okay if Mario and Luigi were just comic relief but they are supposed to be our protagonists. They need to be deeper than they are in their games.
I think Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Kamek, and Diddy are the comic relief types because I was thinking Robin Williams, Jack Black, Adam Sandler, Ray Liotta, and Chris Tucker might be funny as them

Koopaul said:

Exactly. Here's an example.

If there was an Angry Birds movie (hopefully not by Uwe Boll), I'd want to see why the pigs stole the eggs. Is it just a harmless prank? Are the eggs rightfully theirs? Are the pigs those those types of robbers that steal to survive? The movie would need to explain this.

It's not bad if a video game strays a little from the game, just not as much as the Mario movie or anything by Uwe Boll.

Koopaul said:

The Paper Mario games had a deep and moving story, and Mario was still a mime.

I'm thinking of something like that.

Peter Sam said:

I wouldn't call them "deep and moving," but that works.

Peter Sam said:

Well, Zelda has deep and moving stories without Link ever showing emotion at all. Mario would shake his head and other actions; Link is just the player.
Well, Link sometimes shows emotion but not much.

Discord said:
Peter Sam said:

Well, Zelda has deep and moving stories without Link ever showing emotion at all. Mario would shake his head and other actions; Link is just the player.
And a legend of Zelda movie would suck

Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man said:
Discord said:
Peter Sam said:

That would depend on many things.

Discord said:
Peter Sam said:

With a good script and director it has potential.

Discord said:
Discord said:
Peter Sam said:

Link doesn't talk nor does Link have a side kick so even if you give him a voice (which will drive away fan boys) he wouldn't do anything but talk to himself

Discord said:
Discord said:
Peter Sam said:

Link doesn't talk nor does Link have a side kick so even if you give him a voice (which will drive away fan boys) he wouldn't do anything but talk to himself
What about Navi? He's Link's sidekick.

That would be so cool if they had a Mario movie that isn't real life! If they had something like this:

This is not a real movie anyways, I don't think.

Evil Magikrazy said:
Discord said:
Discord said:
Peter Sam said:

What about Navi? He's Link's sidekick.
Navi is A female and B hated

Here's the thing Mario is the main character right? Well in movies you have a protagonist. The movie centers around the protagonist, and we have to get an understanding of his or her plight. Otherwise its not really their movie. When you think about it in these Mario RPGs the story has little to do with Mario. If he's not emotionally involved in these events, than its not really his story.

Think about it. In Mario RPG it was Mallow, Geno, Peach and Bowser the story focused on. Mario was just there... as your avatar. Sure Mario mimes stuff but that's the kind of thing a comic releif does in a movie. It would be like that cricket from Mulan being the main character of the movie. You don't do it! You focus the movie around the character who has the most emotional investment in the story.

Back