Do you think there should be a CGI Mario movie?

Do you think there should be a CGI Mario movie?

No.

Mason said:
I do but let it be Pixar

NO

That would be more harmful of Pixar's reputation than anything

Edit:

Holy shit apparently i said the exact same thing almost word-for-word 2 years ago.

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
THIS WOULD RUIN PIXAR'S REPUTATION

Drilbur said:
I take it you haven't seen Wall-E, Mr. Fan.

It works in WALL-E because most of the movie is silent. You can't have a silent protagonist with everyone else talking around him. That would be weird. Plus we have a reason for WALL-E silence, he's a robot. But Mario's human, and if there are other humans in this movie talking but he isn't everyone is going to be wondering why.

supermariofan said:
What do you think of Justin Bieber as Bowser Jr?

Let me say this in one word:

NO

Because acknowledging Justine Beiber's existence is never good, let alone casting him in a Mario movie.

Plus the guy isn't even a Voice Actor, worst thought to ever enter a mind.

No offense, but just seeing Justin Bieber's name just makes me want to... ugh.

Well AFAIK Ozzy Osborne doesn't suck horribly.

I want the voice actors and actresses from the video games, or at least the characters sound very similar to their game counterparts. :P

Ornithologist Mario said:
I want the voice actors and actresses from the video games, or at least the characters sound very similar to their game counterparts. :P

Yeah this. Having completly different VA's for the characters is always really awkward.

On top of that, I'd love to see what very similar or the same VA's capability would be in full acting, especially some of the Luigi Va's.

^Did you hear Mario (Charles Martinet) fully talk before? I've heard it. It sounds strange in a charming way. Luigi might get me the same reaction.

Ornithologist Mario said:
^Did you hear Mario (Charles Martinet) fully talk before? I've heard it. It sounds strange in a charming way. Luigi might get me the same reaction.

I've heard people talk about it but never really heard him talk before though.

You should search the Mario Sports Mix Press Conference in Youtube. It's bound to be there. :P Mario talks a lot.

Koopaul said:
Drilbur said:

It works in WALL-E because most of the movie is silent. You can't have a silent protagonist with everyone else talking around him. That would be weird. Plus we have a reason for WALL-E silence, he's a robot. But Mario's human, and if there are other humans in this movie talking but he isn't everyone is going to be wondering why.
It worked in Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario RPG, the Paper Mario series, Mario and Luigi, etc.

Besides, the times we see Mario talk are annoying to hear. I'd rather have Mario silent instead of a chatterbox.

Let's review Mario's voice actors over the years.

Peter Cullen- Can't tell, I haven't seen Saturday Supercade.
Captain Lou- He's dead, so he couldn't do Mario.
Walker Boone- Meh.
Marc Graue- NO!!!!!!
Charles Martinet- He's probably the best choice, and Martio (Martinet + Mario) is usually silent.

Anyway, I was thinking that during the movie, Luigi could say something like, "Hey, Bro. How come you never talk?" and then Mario could just shrug his shoulders.

Drilbur said:
Koopaul said:
Drilbur said:

It worked in Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario RPG, the Paper Mario series, Mario and Luigi, etc.

Besides, the times we see Mario talk are annoying to hear. I'd rather have Mario silent instead of a chatterbox.

Walker Boone- Meh.
Marc Graue- NO!!!!!!
Charles Martinet- He's probably the best choice, and Martio (Martinet + Mario) is usually silent.

Anyway, I was thinking that during the movie, Luigi could say something like, "Hey, Bro. How come you never talk?" and then Mario could just shrug his shoulders.
I'm actually giving Mario dialogue but he's not gonna speak in that high pitched itallian accent he's just gonna speak our language

supermariofan said:
Drilbur said:
Koopaul said:
Drilbur said:

Walker Boone- Meh.
Marc Graue- NO!!!!!!

I'm actually giving Mario dialogue but he's not gonna speak in that high pitched itallian accent he's just gonna speak our language
:???:

He already speaks our language, silly.

Why do you want to give Mario dialogue so badly anyways? What part of "silent protagonist" don't you understand?

Plus, American's not a language.

Back