My Suggestions for SSB4

So that's what it's called.

Anyway, drseaweed you did sound a little upset, just hear yourself:

drseaweed said:
No to Dr. Mario. He was a minor character. Paper Mario would be a cool playable character.

Excluding the PM part

What moves would he use; Paper F.L.U.D.D? Anyways if either Sothe, Ashnard, or Black Knight is not playable I will taer up. Hopefully Ashnard, he was epic.

It will be a long time until we get to the Fire Emblem series but you'll see who I've chosen and stay on topic

Pump Man said:
What moves would he use; Paper F.L.U.D.D? Anyways if either Sothe, Ashnard, or Black Knight is not playable I will taer up. Hopefully Ashnard, he was epic.

FLUDD probably won't be in SSB4, it did nothing. Probably the star spin will be Mario's double jump though.

drseaweed said:
Pump Man said:
FLUDD probably won't be in SSB4, it did nothing. Probably the star spin will be Mario's double jump though.
That will be a bad idea since it just coverage an inch more of air

Nunnally vi Britannia said:
drseaweed said:
Pump Man said:
Yeah, I meant the star spin would be the up attack, not double jump.

drseaweed said:
drseaweed said:
Pump Man said:
You mean tilt the control stick up and press A?

drseaweed said:
drseaweed said:
Pump Man said:
why not

drseaweed said:
drseaweed said:
drseaweed said:
Pump Man said:
why not
Actually I was thinking to replace Mario's down smash attack with the star spin, something quick and strong

Things are slow on discussion about :mario: / :drmario: and in general, it is a good idea. So how about we go on to the next character?

I decided that some characters I don't want are, Olimar, Jigglypuff, and Sonic. Olimar because he was not in a game for awhile, if he is not in a game before SSB4 comes out then don't even bother to put him in. Jiggypuff because she is just an excuse for lazyiness, they chose her because they already had Kirby programed and needed an easy character to design. And Sonic, mainly because he is not pure Nintendo and he kind of sucked in Brawl (I know Snake was not pure Nintendo but I really doubt he will be in the next game anyway).

Olimar will likely appear in another game. It is rumored to be released in 2011, but I am not so sure...

Things are slow on discussion about :mario: / :drmario: and in general, it is a good idea. So how about we go on to the next character?
Continue.

Series: Mario

Luigi: (Unlockable)
I keep hearing some people want Luigi's final smash to be Mr. L, if you ask me I’m ok with this idea. Probably both of these Final Smashes can be his Final Smash but one of them is randomly chosen for Luigi, or they keep switching in a pattern, or they can be combined. If Mr. L is chosen maybe Mr. L's theme song from Super Paper Mario can be playing while in Final Smash form. Mr. L can probably be similar to Wario-Man, but without the flying and if he uses Super Jump Punch even without being in point blank range of his opponents he will still inflict high damage to his opponents. Also I think Luigi should do a Star Spin for his down smash attack. Maybe you can replace his side taunt with a new one; his new one could be him in his jittering, scared animation holding a flashlight and pointing it at the screen swaying it left to right while he is looking right to left, probably it could have a special affect like his down special. Probably it could cause a slight glare to the screen making it hard to see the other fighters, or probably not.

Luigi’s Side Special: Thunderhand
This attack is a charging type; it has similar properties to those of the Green Missile. Luigi will hold a ball of lightning in his hands and start charging it, when it is fully charged or not the player can move around while holding the charge (just like Lucario’s Aura Sphere) and release it whenever. When Luigi releases it he will say “THUNDER!” like he does in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. When Luigi releases it there will be three outcomes, the first one is it hits an opponent and gives them damage and throwback, that’s it, the second one is it can go through multiple targets like Lucas’s PK Thunder, the final one is that every one out of ten chance when the Thunderhand is released fully charged or not it will overpower itself and become faster and go farther, then it either give a lot of damage to multiple opponents and explode at the end or it will give a lot of damage to one opponent and explode in contact, sort of similar to Green Missile. Just like Lucario’s Aura Sphere, if any opponent touches the ball of thunder while Luigi is charging it, they will receive multiple damages. When Thunderhand overpowers itself it will sometimes backfire and give damage to Luigi.

Luigi’s Down Special: Poltergust 3000
Luigi will pull out the Poltergust 3000 and start charging it; after charging it there are four possible outcomes when Luigi does the down special again. The first one is the vacuum suck; this will have the same effect as King Dedede’s Inhale but stronger and with a longer range, but if he gets an opponent there are two choices, one throw the opponent that does more damage then Luigi’s regular throws, two keep hitting them, but Luigi hits his opponent with the head of the vacuum hose that does more damage, or he can combine both, the vacuum suck can also suck in an item but the item will not be destroyed instead Luigi will grab it, the second one is fire, this attack has the same effect as a fire flower, the third one is ice, this attack has the same effect as the Ice Climbers’ Blizzard, the fourth one is water, this one will shoot a single jet of water that does damage to one of his opponents. One of these four attacks will come out at random, so this attack is a gamble to use, just like Judge. When Luigi release any of these attacks he can move left or right and even jump but he can’t change direction. He can also tilt the head of the vacuum hose up or down.

Now discuss!

I keep hearing some people want Luigi's final smash to be Mr. L, if you ask me I’m ok with this idea. Probably both of these Final Smashes can be his Final Smash but one of them is randomly chosen for Luigi, or they keep switching in a pattern, or they can be combined. If Mr. L is chosen maybe Mr. L's theme song from Super Paper Mario can be playing while in Final Smash form. Mr. L can probably be similar to Wario-Man, but without the flying and if he uses Super Jump Punch even without being in point blank range of his opponents he will still inflict high damage to his opponents. Also I think Luigi should do a Star Spin for his down smash attack. Maybe you can replace his side taunt with a new one; his new one could be him in his jittering, scared animation holding a flashlight and pointing it at the screen swaying it left to right while he is looking right to left, probably it could have a special affect like his down special. Probably it could cause a slight glare to the screen making it hard to see the other fighters, or probably not.

This attack is a charging type; it has similar properties to those of the Green Missile. Luigi will hold a ball of lightning in his hands and start charging it, when it is fully charged or not the player can move around while holding the charge (just like Lucario’s Aura Sphere) and release it whenever. When Luigi releases it he will say “THUNDER!” like he does in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. When Luigi releases it there will be three outcomes, the first one is it hits an opponent and gives them damage and throwback, that’s it, the second one is it can go through multiple targets like Lucas’s PK Thunder, the final one is that every one out of ten chance when the Thunderhand is released fully charged or not it will overpower itself and become faster and go farther, then it either give a lot of damage to multiple opponents and explode at the end or it will give a lot of damage to one opponent and explode in contact, sort of similar to Green Missile. Just like Lucario’s Aura Sphere, if any opponent touches the ball of thunder while Luigi is charging it, they will receive multiple damages. When Thunderhand overpowers itself it will sometimes backfire and give damage to Luigi.

Luigi will pull out the Poltergust 3000 and start charging it; after charging it there are four possible outcomes when Luigi does the down special again. The first one is the vacuum suck; this will have the same effect as King Dedede’s Inhale but stronger and with a longer range, but if he gets an opponent there are two choices, one throw the opponent that does more damage then Luigi’s regular throws, two keep hitting them, but Luigi hits his opponent with the head of the vacuum hose that does more damage, or he can combine both, the vacuum suck can also suck in an item but the item will not be destroyed instead Luigi will grab it, the second one is fire, this attack has the same effect as a fire flower, the third one is ice, this attack has the same effect as the Ice Climbers’ Blizzard, the fourth one is water, this one will shoot a single jet of water that does damage to one of his opponents. One of these four attacks will come out at random, so this attack is a gamble to use, just like Judge. When Luigi release any of these attacks he can move left or right and even jump but he can’t change direction. He can also tilt the head of the vacuum hose up or down.

Now discuss!

I'm sorry, but can you give me a tl;dr version? I'm lazy. I apologize for the inconvenience

What? if you mean simplified, that is the most simplified I can get

What? if you mean simplified, that is the most simplified I can get

Ok, fine, I'll take my time. I apologize :P I just get bored easily and I have ADHD, so I'll try comprehending it.

Now discuss!

I actually love your ideas, because they are pretty innovative and it makes Luigi "luigified" even more!

I don't like Luigi's Final Smash in Brawl TBH. It's not "luigish". It's a little eerie, actually, even though it is innovative. I like your idea better.

So about that final smash, what do you think is the best idea. Negative Zone, Mr. L, Negative Zone and Mr. L, or switching back and forth?

So about that final smash, what do you think is the best idea. Negative Zone, Mr. L, Negative Zone and Mr. L, or switching back and forth?

*imagines both Mr. L and Negative Zone combined*

0_0 A Super Jump Punch from a regular Luigi in the Negative Zone can mostly OHKO the helpless person.

I'd rather have Mr. L. We need more Paper Mario references and trophies and stickers just doesn't cut it. We don't even get music from the game, yet we get music from the Mario & Luigi series (though I like that series too).

Some reason I prefer Negative Zone and Mr. L just in case you don't get anyone in it then you can go after them

Some reason I prefer Negative Zone and Mr. L just in case you don't get anyone in it then you can go after them

But most of the time, the opponents get helpless in there. When they try to jump, they fall down, and act if their shield was broken. They can taunt inside there for no reason, and they can go to sleep. They are more prone to trip. This attack is basically unavoidable if used right in small stages. It's good for them if they manage to avoid the Negative Zone. Luigi can always come to them and knock them inside there.

Mr. L is like Wario Man. He doesn't need any other help once he is powered up and he can basically beat anyone up due to his invincibility, jump, speed, and power.

Back