Should there be a Super Mario Galaxy 3?

Should there be a Super Mario Galaxy 3?

• Yes, and I want it to be completely fresh.

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Yes, and I wouldn't mind if it's too similar to the other games.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • No, they're milking Galaxy too much.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • No, I think Galaxy 2 was the perfect capper.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • I don't care, tbh.

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
I'd love to seem them make a Super Mario Sunshine 2. I enjoyed using FLUDD.
And instead of always using Bowser. How about Wario and Waluigi go around tearing Isle Delfino apart.

I have always wanted a game with Wario and Waluigi as the main antagonists.

FWFUL said:
I'd love to seem them make a Super Mario Sunshine 2. I enjoyed using FLUDD.
And instead of always using Bowser. How about Wario and Waluigi go around tearing Isle Delfino apart.
I think Mario Sunshine cannot have a sequel. Who will arrest Mario? Who will force him to work? If he's going on vacation, why would he bring FLUDD?

Well, it couldn't have happened with a different story. I mean, Mario can't speak, :-X so how could he offer to do it? And there would have to be voice acting, which doesn't work well for Wario and Waluigi-I prefer how they spoke in Mario Power Tennis.

MrConcreteDonkey said:
Well, it couldn't have happened with a different story. I mean, Mario can't speak, :-X so how could he offer to do it? And there would have to be voice acting, which doesn't work well for Wario and Waluigi-I prefer how they spoke in Mario Power Tennis.

Mario actually can speak, but he's mainly a silent protagonist. A few examples of him speaking are during the ending credits and even in the opening cinema of Mario Power Tennis (along with the blooper reels).

WaluigiWare said:
How about a different story this time around, eh?

The different story that I can think of is that someone else fills in Bowser's role as main antagonist.

MnSG said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
I know that...I meant he was a silent protagonist.

Either way, there's just a conversation between a new character and Toadsworth and then Mario jumps into a pipe yelling "Yaha!" and then everyone's like "Oh, he loves this job :D".

I don't think Nintendo's that eager to jump back into voice-acting again after Sunshine. I'm quite fine with the text-based dialogue they've been using in recent games.

WaluigiWare said:
I don't think Nintendo's that eager to jump back into voice-acting again after Sunshine. I'm quite fine with the text-based dialogue they've been using in recent games.

It's rather interesting that The Legend of Zelda franchise operates in a similar manner as the Mario franchise, in terms of the text-based dialogue.

Sometimes, voice acting just doesn't work with certain games.

In all honesty, I think voice-acting should stick to the Metroid, Starfox, and the other series it is currently used in.

a super mario galaxy 3 would be good if:
rosalina had a major role
playable rosalina
NOT the star festival
peach gets lost in space rather than captured!

Should there be a Super Mario Galaxy 3????

No, I think Super Mario Galaxy 3 is pushing it. It also seems like Nintendo is running out of ideas. They should start with a fresh concept.

If they do make another one, they should do the following:

1.Make the storyline better. Although I don't play Mario games for the story, this game's story is abysmal, even for Mario standards.

2.More explorable places. Really, ALL the galaxies were linear levels. They are all one-time enjoyment. I didn't say make all the levels explorable, I'm saying that there should be at least some.

3.Better music. The second game had its own great music. However, there are too much lame MIDI remixes. That's why I like the first game's music better. More memorable.

4. Less 2.5D levels. Super Mario Galaxy 2 has a bunch of these levels. We had New Super Mario Bros. Wii for that, lame.

5.Better Bowser fights. For you guys that played Super Mario Galaxy 2, I can those fights are pretty redundant, even compared to the Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy ones.

6.Make a decent hub. Personal preference. Didn't like the Starship because it looks ugly, creepy, and uninspired.

7.Make better use of powerups. Some powerups only appeared in one level (I'm looking at Boo Mario!). Oh, and return the Ice Flower. That item was cool.

That's about it, I guess.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Should there be a Super Mario Galaxy 3????

No, I think Super Mario Galaxy 3 is pushing it. It also seems like Nintendo is running out of ideas. They should start with a fresh concept.

If they do make another one, they should do the following:

1.Make the storyline better. Although I don't play Mario games for the story, this game's story is abysmal, even for Mario standards.

2.More explorable places. Really, ALL the galaxies were linear levels. They are all one-time enjoyment. I didn't say make all the levels explorable, I'm saying that there should be at least some.

3.Better music. The second game had its own great music. However, there are too much lame MIDI remixes. That's why I like the first game's music better. More memorable.

4. Less 2.5D levels. Super Mario Galaxy 2 has a bunch of these levels. We had New Super Mario Bros. Wii for that, lame.

5.Better Bowser fights. For you guys that played Super Mario Galaxy 2, I can those fights are pretty redundant, even compared to the Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy ones.

6.Make a decent hub. Personal preference. Didn't like the Starship because it looks ugly, creepy, and uninspired.

7.Make better use of powerups. Some powerups only appeared in one level (I'm looking at Boo Mario!). Oh, and return the Ice Flower. That item was cool.

1. Agreed. It acted like the 1st one doesn't even exist.

2. Not all of them are linear. This isn't an exploration game either. It's a platforming game. I still think it's fun with all the linearity.

3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 had its own great pieces of music that are even better than Super Mario Galaxy 1. Throwback Galaxy, Melty Monster, Space Storm are a few examples.

4. Agreed

5. Well, I thought it was a pretty innovative boss fight.

6. I don't really care. I just like to access levels quicker.

7. Agree'd

Besides, you never actually played the game. I don't know how it feels like for you

I really am sick of getting the Power Star at the end of the level. If they do make a SMG3, they need to come up with an original idea.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Meh, I do not really care.

LeftyGreenMario said:
YES! So true.

LeftyGreenMario said:
A lot of them were remixes of other music, but the music was still pretty good.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Yes, there were too many of them in this game. And some Galaxies were completely 2.5D.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Yes.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Yes, the Comet Observatory was completely fine. I saw no problem with it.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Yes. The Cloud Flower and Spin Drill were too abused.

LeftyGreenMario said:

Don't know how many times I've said this, but Miyamoto didn't give a crap about the story in Galaxy 2. Besides, it's still better than Super Mario 64's story.

I agree, unlike in Galaxy, most of the Galaxy 2 levels were too linear. I want more open levels as well.

I loved how Galaxy 2 mixed in great new tunes with throwback remixes to old games. Made me feel at home, to be honest.

Well, I for one thought that adding a level of 2D to a 3D platformer was a GENIUS idea. The 2.5D levels were well-designed, fun to play, and made the game feel more complete for me.

That, I will agree on. I understand that repetitive Bowser fights have become somewhat of a tradition now since 64, but I want to see more variety.

The Starship was also too small. The Comet Observatory makes it look like a little planet you'd find lying around some galaxy.

Yeah, Ice Mario could've had so much use. Though, I don't mind power-ups like Boo Mario and Bee Mario that already had their fair share of exposure in the first game being given reduced roles in Galaxy 2. I was surprised they even brought back Spring Mario and Boo Mario AT ALL.

I don't really care if there is going to be an SMG3, if it is going to be the next game in the mario 3d series then it has to excel better then SMG2, and be original.

Well, it doesn't have to be better than Galaxy 2. In fact, as long as it's good, I don't care if it's not as good as Galaxy 2.

WaluigiWare said:
Well, it doesn't have to be better than Galaxy 2. In fact, as long as it's good, I don't care if it's not as good as Galaxy 2.

Exactly. Besides, when a game is as good as both galaxy titles, prefering one or another is a matter of tastes. So, I´m ok if it as good as the existing ones.

Yeah, Mario has to go bigger. He has saved his home land, a foreign island, the galaxy, the galaxy again, now he has to go bigger. I know, all the dimensions, but he already did that in SPM, but it won't be a bad idea... I guess

WaluigiWare said:
He saved the whole freaking universe, for god's sake.

That doesn't mean that someone else can't try to conquer the universe. Probably someone who bears a grudge against Rosalina, and those who worship her; Ex.: The Mushroom Planet residents.

Back