Should there be a Super Mario Galaxy 3?

Should there be a Super Mario Galaxy 3?

• Yes, and I want it to be completely fresh.

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Yes, and I wouldn't mind if it's too similar to the other games.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • No, they're milking Galaxy too much.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • No, I think Galaxy 2 was the perfect capper.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • I don't care, tbh.

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
Flying Mario would be fun but obviously they can't think of any situations that would need a powerup like that. And Boo was fun in SMG2, you could spin and they would fly around you :D

WaluigiWare said:
Well, if they do make a Super Mario Galaxy 3, I'd like to see a completely new hub world and supporting character. (But of course, Rosalina and Lubba could still make cameo appearances with their respective ships).
Cameo? I think they deserve more than a cameo appearance. At least Rosalina does. Lubba, I could care less about.

Marioguy1 said:
Flying Mario would be fun but obviously they can't think of any situations that would need a powerup like that. And Boo was fun in SMG2, you could spin and they would fly around you :D

Flying Mario would of course be a great idea if it is used in a level with many platforms scattered around at different altitudes and being Flying Mario would be the only way to travel between them.

SMG3 wouldn´t be bad, but I would prefer another platformer for other characters to have their light spot. If not, stick to the Mario sports and spin offs. I prefer other franchises over more Mario platformers. Pikmin or Starfox to name examples.

What about some kind of "super wario bros" for the 3ds or the next console, in a WL fashion but with waluigi on it too?

Alisbet said:
Marioguy1 said:
Flying Mario would of course be a great idea if it is used in a level with many platforms scattered around at different altitudes and being Flying Mario would be the only way to travel between them.
They could also make use out of his coin-attracting spin attack.

They were both great. But now that I think about it the Wii does not have much longer. So if they do make an SMG3 it would have to come out in 2011.

New twist-Rosalina is kidnapped and Mario stays in the MK. Plus, Bowser isn't responsible.

MrConcreteDonkey said:
New twist-Rosalina is kidnapped and Mario stays in the MK. Plus, Bowser isn't responsible.
If Rosalina was kidnapped, that would ruin her character for me. She wouldn't be a strong, caring mother if she was easily kidnapped. She is different from Peach and Daisy and getting kidnapped would make her more stereotypical.

Villain11 said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
If Rosalina was kidnapped, that would ruin her character for me. She wouldn't be a strong, caring mother if she was easily kidnapped. She is different from Peach and Daisy and getting kidnapped would make her more stereotypical.
Well, maybe Bowser should kidnap the whole Comet Observatory, so there would be no escape. Then he would turn it into the Power Source of his evil final stage.

MrConcreteDonkey said:

That wouldn't work well. If anything, Rosalina has the powers to avoid being captured, making her nearly impossible to kidnap.

MrConcreteDonkey said:
Villain11 said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
Well, maybe Bowser should kidnap the whole Comet Observatory, so there would be no escape. Then he would turn it into the Power Source of his evil final stage.
That still wouldn't work.

As much as I like Rosalina, it'd feel too much like a rehash or a direct sequel of SMG1 if they just made her the main supporting character again.

WaluigiWare said:
As much as I like Rosalina, it'd feel too much like a rehash or a direct sequel of SMG1 if they just made her the main supporting character again.
You're the one who said that you wanted SMG2 to be a sequel to SMG. You were upset that SMG never happened. Bringing Rosalina back would change that.

SMG2 is a different story. I don't want SMG3 to just jump the second game and decide to follow the first one instead.

Villain11 said:
WaluigiWare said:
You're the one who said that you wanted SMG2 to be a sequel to SMG. You were upset that SMG never happened. Bringing Rosalina back would change that.

WaluigiWare said:
SMG2 is a different story. I don't want SMG3 to just jump the second game and decide to follow the first one instead.

I do think that SMG 3 will take place a century after the events of SMG 2. Problem is, once the next Star Festival takes place, someone else will have to fill in Mario's shoes; Yoshi works, since the life span of Yoshis do last way longer than that of humans. Of course, anything can happen in the world of Mario.

Personally, I'd think a third Super Mario Galaxy should star the Toad Brigade. It be similar to the move from mario land 3 which starred Wario as Mario being featured in another galaxy game would be not as exciting (galaxy 2 added more features that the first game did not have and Yoshi). Aside from being a fan of Toad, I see potential for this as we see how Toad and the Toad Brigade adventure through the galaxies. The story could be fresh and add more gimics like using the team members' help in various areas. :toad:

[quote author=Propeller Toad]
Personally, I'd think a third Super Mario Galaxy should star the Toad Brigade. It be similar to the move from mario land 3 which starred Wario as Mario being featured in another galaxy game would be not as exciting (galaxy 2 added more features that the first game did not have and Yoshi). Aside from being a fan of Toad, I see potential for this as we see how Toad and the Toad Brigade adventure through the galaxies. The story could be fresh and add more gimics like using the team members' help in various areas. :toad:
[/quote]
If it goes by Wario in SML3, Bowser is the protagonist then, not the Toad Brigade. A spin-off starring them would be better.

If it goes by Wario in SML3, Bowser is the protagonist then, not the Toad Brigade. A spin-off starring them would be better
Actually, I used Wario as an example of how another character shows their story in a series of games (not if they were the antagonist or not). I just thought the Toad Brigade would be rather interesting if they starred in a galaxy esque game (seeing how Toad should at least get a game of his own sooner or later).

Propeller Toad said:
If it goes by Wario in SML3, Bowser is the protagonist then, not the Toad Brigade. A spin-off starring them would be better
Actually, I used Wario as an example of how another character shows their story in a series of games (not if they were the antagonist or not). I just thought the Toad Brigade would be rather interesting if they starred in a galaxy esque game (seeing how Toad should at least get a game of his own sooner or later).
Well, they still would do better in a spin-off.

Back