Mario Sports Mix

In my opinion, Square messed up this one. The Final Fantasy characters were a good inclusion for Mario Hoops 3-on-3/Slam Basketball, but were only good as a one time extra. If Square wanted to plaster their faces all over the game, they should've included more Dragon Quest characters and perhaps just Moogle from FF, so it wasn't just Mario Slam Basketba Hoops 3-on-3 2

MnSG said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Slime... Freaking Slime?! Out of ALL the possible Square Enix characters they could include as a playable character, they had to go with the one least suited for sports?! The thing has no arms OR legs! I don't care if it's an iconic enemy from the Dragon Quest series, it has no business being in a sports game!

That didn't stop Goombas from playing Baseball, did it? They're not built for sports either, and yet they're wielding bats and gloves.
At least it had legs to run with run, so it had SOME use in a sports game! Not to mention Boos had arms but no legs, which is also okay (except in Strikers, but that's another topic). But come the frick on, putting in a character with no visible arms or legs, it just strikes me as really stupid.

E-102 γ said:
In my opinion, Square messed up this one. The Final Fantasy characters were a good inclusion for Mario Hoops 3-on-3/Slam Basketball, but were only good as a one time extra. If Square wanted to plaster their faces all over the game, they should've included more Dragon Quest characters and perhaps just Moogle from FF, so it wasn't just Mario Slam Basketba Hoops 3-on-3 2
per

also does anyone know anything else about the games as it is realeased?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmmVoO0L-Uk

Ok if you notice in the first part of the video where the player is browsing through the roster, it only has the 12 Mario players. This means that the FF and DQ douchebags are unlockable. Thus, the possibilities for more Mario/DK unlockable players are infinitesimal.

Bowser sounds different for some reason, not even like the usual James voice.

I think the Mario cast looks very mundane for a Mario game. The cast is made up only of regulars except Birdo and Toadette. I don't know what the heck Square-Enix was thinking. I wouldn't mind if they included their characters, but the game is supposed to be a Mario game, not a Mario/Square Enix crossover.

But the roster is not final, so MAYBE we can see some unlockables that are yet to be revealed.

Well they went the Strikers way where the Mario roster is exactly the same except for Petey Piranha. But then again there you could select Birdo, Hammer Bro, Shy Guy and even Monty Mole! Since they developed the game though, they wanted to promote their own (ridiculous) characters. The only one that fits well is the Koala.

FunkyKong84 said:
Well they went the Strikers way where the Mario roster is exactly the same except for Petey Piranha. But then again there you could select Birdo, Hammer Bro, Shy Guy and even Monty Mole! Since they developed the game though, they wanted to promote their own (ridiculous) characters. The only one that fits well is the Koala.

You mean Moogle, right? The Square Enix characters should only been Moogle and Slime, since they are the mascots.

It seems that the only hidden characters are the FF and DQ ones.

I highly doubt it even though I'd hope that.

There's absolutely no chance there are other unlockable characters. If there were any, we would definitely know by now.

Back