Mario Sports Mix

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
19 is a skeptical number. I want '''MORE'''. The DS in terms of power and hardware stuff is almost outclassed by the Wii, yet Mario Sports Mix has less characters than Mario Hoops 3-on-3...
Really? they need unlockable characters

yeah If there were more I would expect rosalina,birdo,toadette and maybe lubba to be in it

Everyone said that 20 was too low a roster for Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games and that there'd need to be at least 24 to make things even.

Just saying that Nintendo are not above odd numbers.

mkwii got it right,everyones faverite except petey wasnt in it, thats the way(uhuuhu)i like it(uhuuhu)

Mugly said:
They sshould have all the playable mario characters from hoops, and add a couple more for the wii era, like maybe Rosalina.
of course

Not until Thursday. So if any Japanese friends in the forum get the game, please inform us of any possible unlockable players.

Slime... Freaking Slime?! Out of ALL the possible Square Enix characters they could include as a playable character, they had to go with the one least suited for sports?! The thing has no arms OR legs! I don't care if it's an iconic enemy from the Dragon Quest series, it has no business being in a sports game!

Smashgoom202 said:
Slime... Freaking Slime?! Out of ALL the possible Square Enix characters they could include as a playable character, they had to go with the one least suited for sports?! The thing has no arms OR legs! I don't care if it's an iconic enemy from the Dragon Quest series, it has no business being in a sports game!

That didn't stop Goombas from playing Baseball, did it? They're not built for sports either, and yet they're wielding bats and gloves.

No they didn't, just becuase your favorite character isn't included doesn't mean that it's a bad game. Did you ever hear of the word gameplay?

I don't see how this game is really great gameplay-wise, but then again I 'll have to play it to figure that out.

Wario is in it. And Toad. And Mario. So that means the game will be fun.

FunkyKong84 said:
I don't see how this game is really great gameplay-wise, but then again I 'll have to play it to figure that out.
You can't determine how good the gameplay is without playing it.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Wario is in it. And Toad. And Mario. So that means the game will be fun.
no It doesent!
even if rosalina and toadette were included it wouldnt make it automaticly fun for me!

I personally think 19 characters is a pretty well rounded cast. It's only 2 less then Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (Most of the missing characters that were in Hoops were part of a generic species. I know Yoshi is technially one of those too but let's face it he's alot more major then Birdo, Boo, Fly Guy, and Paratroopa). Sure, Rosalina and others would have been nice but just because they're not in the game doesn't mean it ruins it. If you really dislike the fact that Slime and FF characters are in this you still have 13 Mario characters to use

Like I said before the factor that will sell this game in the long run will be the Online Play. Without that if you buy it, it would just go in the same shelf as you do with other Mario sports games until you feel the erge to play one of them again with a friend over at your house.

Also you can't blame this on Nintendo really if your that mad about the roster. If you have to point a finger at someone, do it at Square Enix considering they're the ones who developed it.

I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time before people stop complaining about how many characters there are to a FC sharing thread for this game in the Online section.

So the game is coming out on January 28 in Europe. That's pretty good. Tomorrow we 'll find out if there are unlockable players in the game. Any Japanese people in the forum let us know

Back