Mario Sports Mix

per per,per perpedidddy perperper
anywayz guesses for 7 ulockables, apprantly toadette was leaked throughi read somewhere

u have any links about that?

nope, it may not be true but on amesage board someone said
toadette is in it, shehas been leaked, she is in one of the screen shots

saying that im the tard who belived that the fake rosalina winter games leak was true!

Pics or it didn't happen. But I really love to see Toadette.

Yeah you need official sources before stating that that specific character is playable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr_sk7aMbQw

Just found this near 3 minute video full of new footage from Mario Sports Mix. I must admit that the game really looks fun from this point. The game modes seem pretty fun and alot of the character's special moves are shown throughout the video.

The video also reveals that Miis are playable characters, though I don't know if it's for every mode or not. The Miis are the only new playable character I saw playable in this video.

Too Many Males - Remaining 7 Should Be Female!

I was hoping to see a new character besides the Miis - but this game looks so awesome!

I have one complaint, thus far:

It's a Mushroom Kingdom sausage fest. I know this isn't that much different than usual for Mario party/kart/sport titles - but they should mix it up! (no pun intended)

12 playable characters have been revealed, of which 10 are male:

Mario
Luigi
Wario
Waluigi
Yoshi
Toad
Diddy Kong
DK
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

The 2 females are:

Peach
Daisy

They should make the final 7 all female to even it out.

Here are my suggestions (based on trying to match female alternates to what we already have - all of these could happen, none are too obscure):

Rosalina = complement to the Bros.
Birdo = complement to Yoshi
Toadette = complement to Toad
Dixie Kong = complement to Diddy Kong
Candy Kong = complement to DK [slight stretch considering she has never been playable, but already appeared in DK Barrel Blast]
Captain Syrup = complement to Bowser [bigger stretch, but is Wario's main antagonist/in Wario Land: Shake It!]

possibilities for the 7th character: a Noki (would probably require a male Pianta, then), Mona, Pauline

By the way, 19 characters total? They couldn't opt for 1 more to make it an even 10 male, 10 female? Even the website looks awkward - just 1 empty space.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rmkj/index.html#/chara

I will feel cheated if one of those remaining character slots is for a Mii!

I can kind of agree for Candy Kong / Captain Syrup.

Definitely do not agree on Rosalina, Birdo, Toadette, Dixie, Noki - they are not obscure.

Totally agree for Pauline, Mona.

Re: Too Many Males - Remaining 7 Should Be Female!

Oh please, just because the starter roster is dominated by male characters doesn't necessarily mean that the secret characters have to be all females. I'm sure that a few males will pop up as unlockables; such as King K. Rool for one possible choice.

The only female unlockables that I see possible are Toadette, Birdo, Dixie Kong, Tiny Kong, and Rosalina.

i would expect 4-5 females to be unlockable who would be birdo,toadette,rosalina,dixie and maybe tiny

the other 2/3 will be male possibly:funky,lubba and maybe hammer bro

I doubt mii counts as a character cus it has defult stats ussually

I just got why it's 19 players and not 20. Because Mii will be the 20th player in the roster.

I tend to not count Miis as part of the roster, since they're basically bonuses; similar to how the Parade Kart is a bonus kart in Double Dash!!.

So the roster could be:
birdo(all around)
toadette(speed)
rosalina(technique)
dixie(speed)
lubba(power)
funky(power)
hammer bro(technique)
mii(all around)

comments on this roster are accepted

I don't think Hammer Bro would be technique. He's too big and strong for that.

I do not expect the final 7 to be all female - but I think it would be appropriate. I'm not even remotely a feminist but I still think it's only right it be equal, since Nintendo has more than enough characters to support that equality.

I don't think anyone would be offended over MSM having more male characters. If you think its right though I don't disagree but I honestly don't care either way.

I doubt that most of the unlockable characters are females. Some may be, but not all. I still see Super Smash Bros. Brawl as the prime example (only 3 females in the game - unless you counted Jigglypuff). I only really see Birdo, Toadette, and Dixie as possibilities at the moment.

First off, NeilP, all Mario games are male dominated. Why would MSM be different? And I have no idea how you consider Noki to have a shot at being playable. And Candy and Captain Syrup as well. An you didn't even mention Tiny Kong. That's ridiculous.

Tiny, Rosalina and some other characters definately have better chances on getting in than noki. At least these characters did something in their respective games; Nokis on the other hand are only minor supporting characters in Mario Sunshine. I also believe that if a noki was to become playable, a pianta too would be playable as well but seeing how they're just mere audience members, the chances aren't looking too good.

Back