Mario Sports Mix

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Edofenrir said:
I personally find the presence of Miis as playable nuisances characters much more irritating than the Final Fantasy characters.

I do find these Miis irritating too, but they belong more in this game than the *blegh* FF characters. I think that they are the lesser of the evils that are called FF characters. They at least appeared in Super Sluggers and Mario Kart Wii.

Screw this, all FF characters and Miis are a waste of character slots.

It's either Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, since those two series' were developed by Square Enix. And of course, both of those series' have appeared in at least one Mario title; one of those titles being Japan-exclusive.

Miis, like I've said before, I tend to not count them as part of the actual roster.

There are 19 characters in the game. 12 were already revealed, and these idiots FF characters take up 5. 2 more are left, and one of the two are Miis. So they are part of the roster.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
There are 19 characters in the game. 12 were already revealed, and these idiots FF characters take up 5. 2 more are left, and one of the two are Miis. So they are part of the roster.

Excluding the Mii, that adds up to 18 characters. Mario Kart Wii has 24 characters, with the Mii as a bonus character, which came with two different outfits. Strangely, both of those games have an even numbered roster when Miis are not taken into account.

It be interesting to see if the ones revealed on the website were the default characters (though I doubt this). However, it does seem odd that they are not adding more Mario characters (like Birdo). Well I guess we'll have to wait till this one character gets revealed.

On another topic, what did you guys think of the special moves for the characters? I thought Toad's one was pretty well thought of (Luigi's too) and Peach's one was pretty funny.

I'd like to see Wario's

That one part where Bowser used his special move was rather amusing, especially since he used it against his own son.

That one part where Bowser used his special move was rather amusing, especially since he used it against his own son.

Not only Jr. but Peach as well! lol Bowser must have really wanted to win!

On another side note, I just noticed that the official website has the Dragon Quest trademark as well. Could this mean anything?

If I were president of Nintendo, I'd tell Square Enix to get their FF characters the *bleep* outta MSM since Square Enix switched Final Fantasy from Nintendo consoles to Sony consoles. I'll still buy MSM though.

WigglerWhoopinWarrior135 said:
If I were president of Nintendo, I'd tell Square Enix to get their FF characters the *bleep* outta MSM since Square Enix switched Final Fantasy from Nintendo consoles to Sony consoles. I'll still buy MSM though.

Per, but my enjoyment was murdered mostly (lack of Toadette, Baby Luigi, other deserving Mario characters such as Rosalina). At least there's Toad to save that game from a total failure

@Villain: Really? I thought you were against them. Maybe they are the lesser of the evils? To tell you the truth, I'd rather have someone from the Mario series who REALLY doesn't fit in (Dry Bowser, or something) than the FF characters. It's called "Mario" Sports Mix for a reason, not "Mario and Final Fantasy Sports Mix".

I actually talked about this earlier today.

I'd suggest them to include Captain Syrup. She's an important character in the Wario series, mostly well-received among fans, and she'd be perfect to make the male to female ratio of the game a bit more even.

Edofenrir said:
I actually talked about this earlier today.

I'd suggest them to include Captain Syrup. She's an important character in the Wario series, mostly well-received among fans, and she'd be perfect to make the male to female ratio of the game a bit more even.

Great suggestion, but the chances of her being in it are little to none. Though Nintendo can surprise us time to time.

She's a better character than the Miis and FF characters, at least.

And definitely the babies. Anything Mario will be better than the FF stuff. Square Enix....sigh.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Fawful should be that last character!!!

RPG-exclusive characters have little to no chance of popping up in other spin-off titles. Then again, the Star Spirits did appear in Mario Party 5. Regardless, of any RPG-exclusive character that you can think of, Fawful likely won't make the cut.

I don't mind them helping Nintendo make games, but I'm mad about them switching FF to the Playstations 1, 2, and 3.
Now I have a second thing to be mad at them for.

Our only hopes to see some real Mario roster in the near future is Mario Kart 3DS. Patience my friends...

Yes, BLOF, I'm serious. I'm not a huge fan of them (Baby Mario and Luigi aren't too bad). They shouldn't appear in SSB, but they should appear in this.

Back