Mario Sports Mix

Super Moogle said:
From what I can tell you simply swing your wii remote. How uncreative

Well you don't want to think about using the motion-sensing controls from Donkey Kong Barrel Blast. That would be worse.

Super Moogle said:
From what I can tell you simply swing your wii remote. How uncreative
Thats pretty much 3/4 of the controls in Wii Sports. Video game controls don't have to be creative, the game itself has to be creative.

I'm probably guessing that holding the Wii Remote on its side isn't a control option for this game.

I think the final character of Mario Sports Mix is not a Final Fantasy character, but I also think it isn't a Mario character. Why, you would ask? I took a look at the copyrights of Mario Sports Mix on the Japanese website.

©2010 Nintendo ©2010 SQUARE ENIX
FINAL FANTASY characters © SQUARE ENIX
DRAGON QUEST characters © ARMOR PROJECT/BIRD STUDIO/SQUARE ENIX

Can you see what I see...?

If a Dragon Quest character is to be expected, then who would it be? There is the ones from the Japan-exclusive title, Itadaki Street DS, but only time will tell.

If a Dragon Quest character is to be expected, then who would it be? There is the ones from the Japan-exclusive title, Itadaki Street DS, but only time will tell.

My intuition keeps telling me that a slime will probably be the final character. How it will play the sports available in this game is completely unknown to me though. I'm guessing that it will probably be the final character regarding of how popular it is, but still there are other possibilities out there.

Hopefully, there will be more characters. Nineteen characters is way too little for a Wii game. Even the DS game has more. I bet there is still plenty of space left for more characters.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Hopefully, there will be more characters. Nineteen characters is way too little for a Wii game. Even the DS game has more. I bet there is still plenty of space left for more characters.

We won't know for sure until the game is released. Mario Hoops 3-on-3 has 21 characters in the roster, last I've checked.

there could be 4/5 characters that are hidden for now

That is a possibility. I still find it odd that they revealed all these characters before the release of the game (I mean even Brawl hides the unlockable characters for those who don't want to see them). Additionally, the game has wifi so a bigger roster would be much appreciated I'm sure.

Slime's appearences seem to have been confirmed already
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamememo.com%2F2010%2F11%2F14%2Fmario-sports-mix-dq-slime%2F&act=url

Anyway, the online play makes this a must-buy. If it weren't online it'd be just a rental for me. I'm not meaning to make me look like a douche that buys stuff just for online. Just that the game will ultimately be more fun to play in Multiplayer since not many Mario sports game except Mario Strikers Charged are online.

well......crossover guests are usually welcome only if original team are not sacrified
it really makes fans disappointed as those original characters are replaced......
how could a Wii version be worse than 3-on-3 in DS version?

Super Moogle said:
What if they do something stupid and put ROB in it

R.O.B. was in Mario Kart DS, so what would stop it from being in another Mario series title? Then again, how can it play certain sports effectively?

Think your taking it a bit too seriously Link Dudette. Mario Sports Mix isn't a big deal title like say Smash Bros. I think the main appeal after months roll by will be the online play but saying that Nintendo fvcked up by not putting as many Mario characters and because of that the game will be unpopular is silly. I could understand big hyped up fighter games like Smash Bros but I don't mean to sound mean Link, but for at least Sports Mix it's not that big a deal.

All I know is it will probably outsell Hoops 3 on 3 by a landslide eventually

Back