MARIO PARTY 9 RUMOR! From Nintendo Power!

whos gunna be the baddie?bowser and miis mixed=fail
anyway if i do get it and its lame i will use my mario character miis, yeah! thats not a bad idea and then i can be rosalina lol!

Wii Sports Resort had some fun games that Mario hasn't touched yet. Imagine having Mario do Skydiving or Showdown...or an Dogfight minigame in the Sky Pop!

Well if you look at the main wiki, it says Nintendo bought Mario party developers. Maybe that means they are working on the next Mario party.

i have only played the ds one, and from that i think mario party needs more of... everything! character,boards,items and minigames

bad memery. so thats why they didnt add lots of characters in winter games,cus the ds's memery wouldnt have been able to store like 30 characters

No, that was because Nintendo/SEGA are trying to drag out the profitability to the limit by allowing as many opportunities to advertise new characters as a USP as possible.

Lily x said:
i have only played the ds one, and from that i think mario party needs more of... everything! character,boards,items and minigames
Well, you really need the other MPs. Especially the Gamecube and N64 ones because they kicked a$$.

MrConcreteDonkey said:
Lily x said:
Well, you really need the other MPs. Especially the Gamecube and N64 ones because they kicked a$$.
Yeah, all of them did except for 8...

Edofenrir said:
The N64 ones were nice. The Gamecube ones... not so much.
How so? 4 and 5 had the best minigames. 6 was a little weak, but I loved Granite Getaway and a few other minigames. 7 had the awesome 8-player mode and the duel minigames were great.

I can't really describe it accurately. The first games had charme, and many little details that made them cool (if you disregard those horrible control stick rotating mini-games from the first one). We had much fun with those. The Gamecube ones felt so bland, cold, and loveless on many parts. Too many games were based on pure luck instead of skill. The balancing wasn't too great either (I remember some capsule item in 5 which was horribly unfair, though I forgot the name and purpose). The entire thing got very boring way too fast, even in multiplayer mode, which should be the strong point of the series.

Edofenrir said:
Too many games were based on pure luck instead of skill.
Anything based on luck is automatically a suckish game for me since I have no luck whatsoever...

Edofenrir said:
I can't really describe it accurately. The first games had charme, and many little details that made them cool (if you disregard those horrible control stick rotating mini-games from the first one).
Ok
The Gamecube ones felt so bland, cold, and loveless on many parts. Too many games were based on pure luck instead of skill.
Loveless? Bland? Cold? Those words are the complete opposite of Mario party.
The balancing wasn't too great either (I remember some capsule item in 5 which was horribly unfair, though I forgot the name and purpose).
Yes, the capsules were dumb, but Mario party 5 had some of the best minigames. Flatiator, Pushy Penguins, Fish Upon a Star, etc.
The entire thing got very boring way too fast, even in multiplayer mode, which should be the strong point of the series.
I still play those games today, they never got boring for me.

But that's my opinion.

I actually think it is a little bit OK with luck-based minigames. I'm not saying I like them or that there should be a lot of them, but they make the game very fun and interesting when you're playing with friends. Now against CPUs, those minigames are stupid, since the CPUs ALWAYS know what the right choices are and stuff.

Villain11 said:
Super WaluigiWare said:
As I said before, I like every MP game up to 4, and dislike each one after that.
Uh, why? 8 I understand, but 5, 6, and 7 were great.
I absolutely HATE the capsule system that they introduced in 5.

And 6 and 7 made it worse with that microphone-thing.

Super WaluigiWare said:
Villain11 said:
Super WaluigiWare said:
As I said before, I like every MP game up to 4, and dislike each one after that.
Uh, why? 8 I understand, but 5, 6, and 7 were great.
I absolutely HATE the capsule system that they introduced in 5.

And 6 and 7 made it worse with that microphone-thing.
Yes, but other than the capsule, the game was awesome. They even brought back the stars.

And you didn't need to use the microphone. I never did.

Back