MARIO PARTY 9 RUMOR! From Nintendo Power!

Waluigi_fan said:
MP8 is not bad at all to me, and I have played 4-8 so far. I don't understand all the complaints about it. One of the biggest complaints seems to be about the controls, but I haven't had too much of a problem with them. It's not perfect, but then none of them ever are. I just hope the next one has mic minigames somehow.
The Controls are fine, most of it's fine, but it didnt feel like Mario party, The boards, the look and most of all The dreaded candy wasnt Mario party-ish enough for me. Lets hope they bring it back to its roots

There will probably be another Mario Party sometime. I mean, there's already 10 of them, why stop now? :mario:

Crackin355 said:
Waluigi_fan said:
MP8 is not bad at all to me, and I have played 4-8 so far. I don't understand all the complaints about it. One of the biggest complaints seems to be about the controls, but I haven't had too much of a problem with them. It's not perfect, but then none of them ever are. I just hope the next one has mic minigames somehow.
The Controls are fine, most of it's fine, but it didnt feel like Mario party, The boards, the look and most of all The dreaded candy wasnt Mario party-ish enough for me. Lets hope they bring it back to its roots

Define "Mario party-ish".

SMB said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
There will probably be another Mario Party sometime. I mean, there's already 10 of them, why stop now? :mario:
Lol, seriously. I doubt that they'll stop making Mario Party games anytime soon.

Well in the magazine it shows a pic of mario and says new game at the end and it also says if your a nontendo fan you better not muss this issue i think its luigis mansion 2 because remember nintendo renewed the trademark!

Waluigi_fan said:
Crackin355 said:
Waluigi_fan said:

Mario party used to be fun, with creative boards and the simple "20 coins for a star" type boards. Look at the older Mario Parties and compare them to Mario Party 8, They feel nothing alike! except for Mario Party 4, that feels the same as Mario party 8, IMO

g.narron said:
SMB said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
Lol, seriously. I doubt that they'll stop making Mario Party games anytime soon.

Well in the magazine it shows a pic of mario and says new game at the end and it also says if your a nontendo fan you better not muss this issue i think its luigis mansion 2 because remember nintendo renewed the trademark!
Yeah, that's right. But if it were Luigi's Mansion that Nintendo Power was talking about, wouldn't they have a picture of Luigi there, and not Mario?

Crackin355 said:
Waluigi_fan said:
Crackin355 said:
Waluigi_fan said:

Mario party used to be fun, with creative boards and the simple "20 coins for a star" type boards. Look at the older Mario Parties and compare them to Mario Party 8, They feel nothing alike! except for Mario Party 4, that feels the same as Mario party 8, IMO

I don't get what you mean by "they feel nothing alike", since they all still have so many similarities. But I like having more options and trying different things. All the games should not be exactly the same every time, since that would be pointless.

Anyway, I have played the Mario Parties from 4-8, and I have compared them, and I still think that MP8 is my favorite one so far. My favorite board is King Boo's Haunted Hideaway, and I think it's a vast improvement over the other Boo-themed board that was in MP4.

I'm hoping that in in the next one there will be a Dry Bones board.

Waluigi_fan said:
Crackin355 said:
Waluigi_fan said:
Crackin355 said:
Waluigi_fan said:

I don't get what you mean by "they feel nothing alike", since they all still have so many similarities. But I like having more options and trying different things. All the games should not be exactly the same every time, since that would be pointless.

Anyway, I have played the Mario Parties from 4-8, and I have compared them, and I still think that MP8 is my favorite one so far. My favorite board is King Boo's Haunted Hideaway, and I think it's a vast improvement over the other Boo-themed board that was in MP4.

I'm hoping that in in the next one there will be a Dry Bones board.

IMO Mario Party 8 sucks. I can just stare at the board select screen for hours. They're all so boring, I take a long time to choose one. The boards were so much better with the 20 coin stars thing. MP2 has the best boards, and that's the most important thing to me.

MP7 worked IMO. One board was the normal type, one was a single-track (very innovative), one had windmills, one had chests, one had chain chomps (also loads of fun), and Bowser's was...weird. Replace Koopa Kid with Koopalings and/or BJ. NOW.

Oh, sorry. I guess I was thinking that because I read somewhere that Koopa Kid was just his Japanese name. But now that I think about it, in Mario Party 4 there is more than one "Koopa Kid" shown at the same time when you get a Boswer minigame.

I just hope its good enough to keep the series running. It's a good idea for a series and way more fun with friends. Better minigames would be good too

if its true i hopw rosalinas in it, i mean, not in winter games, not in smg2 yet so cmon give the gal a chance :posh:

I hope they will add an item that lets you go backwards in spaces. I think that would be a nice thing to have sometimes.

Waluigi_fan said:
I hope they will add an item that lets you go backwards in spaces. I think that would be a nice thing to have sometimes.
There was some Reverse Mushroom or something in MP3 that let you do that. It was such a great item, I don't understand why Nintendo got rid of it.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Waluigi_fan said:
There was some Reverse Mushroom or something in MP3 that let you do that. It was such a great item, I don't understand why Nintendo got rid of it.

Oh, cool. They should bring that back then.

Back