Am I the only one who hated Brawl?

Ninji said:
I'm going to parrot my original point that nobody has actually responded to except for one guy who said he wanted lobbies but there's pretty much no possible way that you could have, say, Halo-like lobbies in SSB anyway, and, on a much more important note, you do get lobbies.

So, yeah, SSE was not the greatest thing ever, but it was better than Adventure Mode in Melee, which was pretty much a more expanded Classic mode, Co-Op Events are great, the music is great, the graphics are great, the gameplay is absolutely fine despite what many people will say and I will argue this with anyone who wants to say otherwise. So, come on, have at it. I've noticed that most people tend to completely ignore anything that isn't offline multiplayer or SSE when it comes to Brawl criticism and it's laughable, to be honest.

I agree, except for the gameplay part: You gotta admit that characters like Metaknight or Snake are nearly unbeatable specially with items off, while other like Mario and Ganon are absolute crap. This kills part of the fun for me.

And before some smart ass says it, yes, I know it´s at least possible to win against MK, (I myself have won against an MK with MARIO), but when you need about 20 matches against that metacheater just to win ONE, the game is disbalanced.

In Melee, top tiers were top tiers because of one or two advantages compared to the others (mostly, Marth´s sword tip and Fox reflector cancelling recoveries) so the differences could still be overcomed with a little effort. In Brawl, it´s the other way around: top tiers are top tiers for being better in nearly every aspect except for one or two.

Sure co-op events, SSE (and it´s co-op), and the large amount of unlockables (stickers, music, etc) really make up for it, but you gotta admit that they simply got the balance wrong. Metacheater (as I nicknamed him) is overpowered as heck.

Easmo said:
Ninji said:
I'm going to parrot my original point that nobody has actually responded to except for one guy who said he wanted lobbies but there's pretty much no possible way that you could have, say, Halo-like lobbies in SSB anyway, and, on a much more important note, you do get lobbies.

So, yeah, SSE was not the greatest thing ever, but it was better than Adventure Mode in Melee, which was pretty much a more expanded Classic mode, Co-Op Events are great, the music is great, the graphics are great, the gameplay is absolutely fine despite what many people will say and I will argue this with anyone who wants to say otherwise. So, come on, have at it. I've noticed that most people tend to completely ignore anything that isn't offline multiplayer or SSE when it comes to Brawl criticism and it's laughable, to be honest.

I agree, except for the gameplay part: You gotta admit that characters like Metaknight or Snake are nearly unbeatable specially with items off, while other like Mario and Ganon are absolute crap. This kills part of the fun for me.

And before some smart ass says it, yes, I know it´s at least possible to win against MK, (I myself have won against an MK with MARIO), but when you need about 20 matches against that metacheater just to win ONE, the game is disbalanced.

In Melee, top tiers were top tiers because of one or two advantages compared to the others (mostly, Marth´s sword tip and Fox reflector cancelling recoveries) so the differences could still be overcomed with a little effort. In Brawl, it´s the other way around: top tiers are top tiers for being better in nearly every aspect except for one or two.

Sure co-op events, SSE (and it´s co-op), and the large amount of unlockables (stickers, music, etc) really make up for it, but you gotta admit that they simply got the balance wrong. Metacheater (as I nicknamed him) is overpowered as heck.
Per per per per per. And I hate that if you beat things with two-player, it doesn't count.

Villain11 said:
Easmo said:
Ninji said:

Per per per per per. And I hate that if you beat things with two-player, it doesn't count.

I think it does. You can beat SSE in co-op, and you unlock trophies twice as fast by playing all star and classic with another player too.

How is it that people always look through games like Brawl as if they are accountants? Always looking for problems and negativity. Brawl was a great game, thats all I'm saying. Oh and MK isn't overpowered, people always say you can't beat him with low tier characters, but I versed three Lv. 9 MKs with Yoshi on FD with no items and won =/ also: TIERS R 4 QUEERS it had to be said.

Kracko said:
How is it that people always look through games like Brawl as if they are accountants? Always looking for problems and negativity. Brawl was a great game, thats all I'm saying. Oh and MK isn't overpowered, people always say you can't beat him with low tier characters, but I versed three Lv. 9 MKs with Yoshi on FD with no items and won =/ also: TIERS R 4 QUEERS it had to be said.

I don´t ever want to sound like a tourneytard, but CPU´s are frigging easy. Play against an experienced human player who uses MK in a normal offline match (lag makes it impossible to play accurately online) and see if you can win.

And before you judge me as a tourneytard, I also hate tier lists. I don´t care that he has been nerfed a lot: I will always use C.Falcon.

The characters aren't all the same, so they have to be objectively different from each other. Tier lists rank them based on that. Tier lists aren't some evil thing, and they don't dictate who you can or can't use.

Anyway, yeah, Meta Knight, Snake, Dedede, etc. are overpowered. The discrepancy between Meta Knight and the next character over is much larger than in Melee. I can't argue that. It's not damning. Meta Knight is not entirely broken or something, and you would normally really only care about it at a professional level.

Easmo said:
Villain11 said:
Easmo said:
Ninji said:

I think it does. You can beat SSE in co-op, and you unlock trophies twice as fast by playing all star and classic with another player too.
In SSE it does, but if you play All-Star with two players, you only get the trophy but it doesn't count as you "completed" it with all characters.

Stormz said:

Any character can beat a level 9 cpu. Heck, it doesn't even have to be a TEAM match for the CPUs to team up against you. It can be in a free-for-all too! What really matters is someone, say like an expert Mario, facing against an expert Meta Knight. Unless Meta Knight gets a 300% handicap, Meta Fright is going to win.

Well, this is a topic about "Am I the only person who hated Brawl?" so that means people are going to point out the negative aspects of the game. Brawl was a great game, and I would have played it more if MARIO DIDN'T SUCK THAT BADLY. :mad:

I loved Brawl. Brand new characters, removed some clones, and it fully overhauled the adventure mode and gave us an actual story with bosses besides freaking gloves. I was amazed by the game. I thought everyone was.

Every character has their ups and downs.

Even though Meta Knight may be broken with attacks, two Dedede hammers is all it takes to send him flying. :/

Dark Samus said:

Even though Meta Knight may be broken with attacks, two Dedede hammers is all it takes to send him flying. :/
JUST LET THIS THREAD DIE ALREADY

Dark Samus said:

That´s what it would be if Dedede could actually touch Metaknight. Or any character for that matter. He has an horribly broken priority (Tornado? More like broken-ado. B B B B B B...). Well, he´s horribly broken for that matter. Not to mention... How can a lightweight character take about 150%+ damage to get killed? Jigglypuff, Pikachu and co. only take about 90% or 100% Not to mention his down smash has absolutely no lag. Not to mention that shuttle loop can kill a heavyweight with 90% (I have seen a youtube video in which a DK is killed by the side of the stage at 90% with a shuttle loop). Not to mention he has a lot of jumps plus gliding. Not to mention he has one of the quickest grabs in the game. Not to mention the glitch that allows you to be almost invincible with his DownB. Not to mention...

Well, I´m tired. He´s just broken. And he breaks the game. He doesn´t if you play casually or if you play 1p game modes, but he sure does in the main brawling.

I hate how Meta-Knight has nearly lag-less attacks. Did Sakurai intended to make his characters broken or what?

I am just glad the whole SSE didn't revolve around Mario. I would seriously be pissed if it did, no offense.

Dark Samus said:
I am just glad the whole SSE didn't revolve around Mario. I would seriously be pissed if it did, no offense.

I hated how Subspace Emissary had all Kirby characters playing an important role, though. Mario needs a bigger role. Not a leading role, just a much bigger one. Really, how come Mario and Luigi are never together?

LeftyGreenMario said:
Dark Samus said:
I hated how Subspace Emissary had all Kirby characters playing an important role, though. Mario needs a bigger role. Not a leading role, just a much bigger one. Really, how come Mario and Luigi are never together?
Yeah, I know. And they never resolved Lucas's storyline either. I was hoping for a cutscene where Ness saves Lucas from his trophy state and they embrace, or something.

And also, because you get to choose which characters to save in the penultimate Subspace levels, they all mysteriously vanish from the storyline after the point where they all get turned into trophies. Always bothered me for some reason.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Dark Samus said:

Yeah, as if Mario doesn't have a big enough role in Nintendo. :| When was Kirby's last console game that wasn't a remake? 2000

Mario's? About 3 months before Brawl's release. I honestly see no problem with Kirby characters playing such an important role since we rarely see them anyways, but this is from a Kirby fan's POV.

The problem is Kirby gets TOO much of a role. No matter which way you look at it, he IS the main hero of the story.

So what? Kirby's not as bad as you're making him out to be.

Super WaluigiWare said:
The problem is Kirby gets TOO much of a role. No matter which way you look at it, he IS the main hero of the story.
Well someone had to be the main role and for one time, it wasn't Mario because he sucks at Brawl and Melee.

Just because Mario sucks doesn't mean he couldn't be a main character?

But I disagree on this whole "IT SHODA BIN MARIO!!!" thing, because he starred in TOO many video games (and the reason that I absolutely LOATHE him). Kirby was ok, but the story shouldn't have centered around him. It should have centered on the entire cast instead of a single character.

Back