Am I the only one who hated Brawl?

Villain11 said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
It all does seem like 1 VS 3. Plus all the CPUs taunt when you get KO'd.
What do you mean?

In Brawl, the computers team up on you (especially Level 9's) and they don't try to kill each other. It's like they are trying to make you lose than they want to win

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Villain11 said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
It all does seem like 1 VS 3. Plus all the CPUs taunt when you get KO'd.
What do you mean?

In Brawl, the computers team up on you (especially Level 9's) and they don't try to kill each other. It's like they are trying to make you lose than they want to win

I'm afraid i have to disagree with you. every time i have multiple people, they mainly just attack each other.

Wait, are they computers set at Level 9, or are they something else. I've heard someone testing this thing by trapping himself and having Level 3's as allies. By trapping himself, the Level 9 tried to reach him but the Level 3's pwned the Level 9. The Level 9 did nothing to stop its fate from the Level 3's.

Junior Troopa said:
I usually just do level 3

It's the Level 9's that get you. Unlike Melee, where the Level 9's fight each other

IMO, I thought Melee was one of the best. Better than Brawl ONLY if you count the people screaming and turning into a star.

Junior Troopa said:
I loved the star bit!

Who doesn't? We all do. I like Wario turning into a star, Ganondork, Donkey, and some others.

Brawl, too, but it's less funny in Brawl

It's funny too, but sometimes, you can't see them while pausing. It's WAAYY less funny in Brawl. Melee was funny, because they do their hurt scream and you can go through them when you pause. It also looks stupid that you pause and make it look like a normal fight, except the top of the screen is obscured by their head

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Wait, are they computers set at Level 9, or are they something else. I've heard someone testing this thing by trapping himself and having Level 3's as allies. By trapping himself, the Level 9 tried to reach him but the Level 3's pwned the Level 9. The Level 9 did nothing to stop its fate from the Level 3's.
The Level 1s even team up on you!

I've never gone higher than Level 4 CPU's and yeah, they team up on you as long as there's an actual player in the match.

They seem more like a defunctional team of 3 than just 3 people playing free-for-all.

...or we could try getting back on topic.

While Brawl does disappoint me in some areas, overall I am not disappointed with the game. I quite like Brawl, even if I don't play it as much anymore since I can't secure Wi-Fi matches and my friends aren't interested in the game.

I think this thread is getting old and we should start a new thread.

Junior Troopa said:
Melee was a "black sheep" in the series.

I have a sense that you don´t like Melee because you like Brawl and since a lot of smashers praise Melee at the cost of flaming Brawl, you flame Melee to counter-attack, but in case I´m wrong, explain why you think it´s a black sheep. It was an awesome game, comparisons aside.

Easmo said:
Junior Troopa said:
Melee was a "black sheep" in the series.

I have a sense that you don´t like Melee because you like Brawl and since a lot of smashers praise Melee at the cost of flaming Brawl, you flame Melee to counter-attack, but in case I´m wrong, explain why you think it´s a black sheep. It was an awesome game, comparisons aside.

Melee is not the "black sheep". There aren't any black sheeps yet as far as I'm concerned.

Back