Am I the only one who hated Brawl?

Brawl has its flaws, but for me, I see it like its pretty flawless. Maybe a bit more balancing in overpowered characters but I still have fun with it. I also have over 250 Custom Stages. Yep. It's Crazy.

It's funny how CPU's act like total idiots in Custom Stages from Stage Builder but act completely normal in hacked stages.

They dont usually act like idiots on custom stages. sometimes they jump for no reason though. Thats about it.

I still get this feeling CPUs are more idiotic on custom stages than regular stages

That is because they are. They are programmed to do certain stuff in certain stages, but since there are custom stages, they just basically have to figure they're way around, clumsily.
:peach: :mario: :yoshi: :bowser: :wario:

YoshiMonsta said:
That is because they are. They are programmed to do certain stuff in certain stages, but since there are custom stages, they just basically have to figure they're way around, clumsily.

Not really. On texture-hacked stages (especially the one where 75m gets turned into a city with skyscrapers), the computers act just fine.

I figure it's a result of poor programming from custom stages.

When you change the Bridge of Eldin to Hyrule Castle N64, the computers don't walk right into a wall or off a cliff.

All you people who say they like the first SSB the most, its just the nostalgia talking. The game was poorly designed and clunky. However, it did set up the template for fighting games of its type, so it deserves some appreciation.

HoHoHoBanjo said:
All you people who say they like the first SSB the most, its just the nostalgia talking. The game was poorly designed and clunky. However, it did set up the template for fighting games of its type, so it deserves some appreciation.

I agree. The game was pretty bad, but the stages were some of the best IMO.

Ambush Bug said:
Melee was the best

I liked it, The first one I played alot, but I like Brawl better. Just because it has more content than melee. If it had the same ammount, then it'd be tied, since both are fun gameplay wise

I don't hate Brawl; however, I can't say that I prefer over Melee. To me, Melee felt much more superior in terms of gameplay (I'm assuming that it was the faster paced engine that made me prefer this game to Brawl). Brawl felt toned down in my eyes and has less of that excitement that I had felt from the previous game.

There is also the fact that they removed my Melee main Pichu! :mad:

Brawl wasn't bad...I liked being able to create my own stages...I am such a sadist. >:D

SSB's not that bad, either. Sure, its sequels are better, but it was great for its time.

MarioHearts said:
bad in 2011

I can't say much about that, since I recently erased my data to make room for other things.

There's nothing wrong with playing the original when we feel like it nowadays. Heck, I've played the original a few times on the Virtual Console and on the N64 itself sometimes. Sure compared to the other 2 it's the worst but I haven't even touched Melee ever since I got Brawl, and it's fun to play some ol' N64 games every once in a while.

The original SSB wasn't that bad. Brawl and Melee are definitely better, but I still enjoy the original as well.

Super Smash Bros. was in no way bad. I still enjoy it to this day and occasionally played it now and then. Heck, Super Smash Bros. was what made me go into gaming in the first place.

Back