The Official "I'm going away/coming back!" Thread

Oh, yeah, Coronavirus sucks.

Glad to hear that you had a good time though!

Hello bois and girls! Toadgamer here!

I haven't posted anything in Mario boards ever since I dunno, october or something, simply because there's a really big exam coming in June and I can't fail it. Tho I haven't posted anything in Marioboards mostly coz I'm lazy......

I haven't been online on Twitter for a while, but I've been posting some stuff in Discord. Right now we're not working much because of quarantine (I mean no shit Sherlock), but I guess I'm gonna post here again, there's no particular reason why I've been offline for a long time, but for now I'm back.

I'll also try not to be inactive every now and then.

Oh, welcome back. What drawn you back here?

Well, there's a lot of venues to talk about those such as GameFAQs. Is there anything in the community that stands out? Curious. :wink:

It's usually wise to handle GameFAQs with a bit of a filter, try not to take what they say too seriously.

"You play Kidtendo???"
"You like Dream Tutorial? You must love games that are played for you"
"Wii U sux and ur just wrong"
"Bandana Potato? In Smash? Don't make me laugh"

Perfectly summarizes all my experiences with them.
Usually you have other supporters there too but yeah being pathetic with names is a feature of that place, and dumb children infest it

I figured I should talk about my lessened activity here. It's not that I'm unhappy with this community, not even close to that. This place was the first place I was able to talk about the things I love, not just Mario. I miss interacting more with the people here that I consider friends.

It's just that there have been plenty of new faces that are coming on and I'm starting to feel like an alien here. Please note: I'm not angry at the new people! I'm very glad that people want to come and experience this community for the same reasons I did! It's just that I've found other places to do that and I'm less comfortable here.

I'm still gonna hang out here the way I have recently: go to ask threads, interact, input with discussions every now and then, but not as much as I used to.

It's just that there have been plenty of new faces that are coming on and I'm starting to feel like an alien here.
I'm not gonna lie, I've had similar feelings lately. It's hard to continue to feel integrated when all of these unfamiliar users who don't know you that well are some of the top posters (especially if you're not into rp-ing that much). Kinda makes me miss 2017/2018 when the Ask Board was super active... I guess the best we can do is try to get to know the new users and keep up our interactions with our older friends.

As someone who has been here since 2009 and had been consistently posting in Marioverse since 2010, users come and go all the time. I always welcome new users and I always attempt to have discussions with them. I firmly believe new users staying is how a community can expand and I want to make them feel stimulated and engaged to become regulars. Personally, I don't feel alienated by them, I view them as an opportunity to get to know more people.

so not posting here to say that im leaving or came back from a break, but im just saying that MY FINAL EXAM IS CANCELLED!!!! so i'll be more active than i originally anticipated i guess

Whoa, it's been like four months since I last posted, I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, I thought I'd drop by to say I still exist and I plan on coming back to this community at some point, now just isn't the right time. I have a ton of stuff going on in my life - I have tons of mental health issues, COVID-19 is still out there, I've been stressed out from college, and my mom hasn't gotten any better. I also have borderline personality disorder (or BPD) that's been making me way too unstable to be social anywhere. I'm going to be spending the next year trying to resolve as many of my mental health issues as possible before I'm off to college in fall of 2021, and I'm hoping to come back here for a while once I'm doing better.

So, I guess you can take this as my simultaneous coming back and going away post. I feel like this was more of a "where have I been" post than anything and the answer is not very far. I've just been under a lot of stress and it's been good for me to isolate myself from big communities.

But with all that said, I hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe, and I'll probably be back in a while once I'm in a better place mentally.

Back