The Official "I'm going away/coming back!" Thread

i believe that's a bay leaf

can be used for either seasoning or garnish

I'm going away on rugby tour for the next few days, so I won't be around until then. After that I can resume regular activity, since I've been really busy with school for the last week or so. See ya!

So it's official, from Monday until Friday night, I will be watching over my family's pets while they are going away for a week, and their house does not have any internet, so I will be away for most of that time. I will probably pop in at least twice on McDonald's Internet or whatever during that time.

I've been gone for a week, but it's mainly to avoid the looming sadness I feel when I simply look at this site.

It's only this site I have problems with and I've been reflective on what I've done over the past years. Unfortunately, it's filled with bitterness and hopelessness. I have had this feeling for a week and it's still not going away. Going on this site and editing on MarioWiki makes me feel so bad, especially the latter. I don't know if avoiding it is bad since it just reminds me of the bad times rather than the good times.

So see you for a while, I guess. I don't enjoy going here as much as I used to.

I've felt a similar situation with some of the games I own. When I first got them, I played them for hours, then after a while I got tired of them. And after going back to them some time later, I remembered how much fun they were and I regained my interest completely.

Still, I wish you will feel better soon.

Salazzle said:
So it's official, from Monday until Friday night, I will be watching over my family's pets while they are going away for a week, and their house does not have any internet, so I will be away for most of that time. I will probably pop in at least twice on McDonald's Internet or whatever during that time.

YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME DOOF

DOOF

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LeftyGreenMario said:
I've been gone for a week, but it's mainly to avoid the looming sadness I feel when I simply look at this site.

It's only this site I have problems with and I've been reflective on what I've done over the past years. Unfortunately, it's filled with bitterness and hopelessness. I have had this feeling for a week and it's still not going away. Going on this site and editing on MarioWiki makes me feel so bad, especially the latter. I don't know if avoiding it is bad since it just reminds me of the bad times rather than the good times.

I'm sorry there's so many bad memories you have with this site. I haven't been on as long, so the only bad memory I have is hearing of Walkazo, though that itself is pretty hefty... I ended up leaving a different site myself when things got difficult and I kinda migrated here.

That probably didn't help any. I realize there isn't exactly much to do here (there are better places to spend your time than the internet), but I hope the good times you've had and the friends you've made draw you back. We may not be able to do much, but we're always willing to help you feel better :)

I came back after my one week trip to Iraq. I also stayed in Dubai for 2 days.

alright boys

I'll be gone this weekend because I'll basically drive through the entire country towards switzerland in order to literally get shitfaced drunk (and also visit a museum but it's also my 18th birthday so it's probably going to be more of the former).

So if you happen to be somewhere en route from Hamburg to Switzerland tomorrow or sunday, give me a call and I can rape you and steal all your stuff.

oh yeah this also means I probably won't be around for the awards meeting @anton

thanks and have a good one.

LeftyGreenMario said:

Dang, I didn't see this until now. I hope you feel better soon, because you will be missed. :'(

Fukanōna said:
Hello! I am back for some reason. Anyway, I'm gonna go be an idiot somewhere else. Cya!
It's good to see you back... sort of. Try not to get into too much trouble. ;)

LeftyGreenMario said:

this is painful but i hope you have a good life soon enough, its been rough for you but feel better.

My Departure

TL;DR Thank you and farewell.

I was going to post this on the 27th, but was afraid of being accused of taking advantage of the one year anniversary of the loss of our beloved Walkazo; Whether it was paranoia or a legitimate concern, it was enough to keep me from posting this for a few days.

On September 6th, 2007, I joined this wiki under a name I don't even remember. I adopted the name Pink Boozooka, which you likely know me as, in June of 2008, a name that I logged well over a thousand edits with, not bad back then. I was an immature pissbreak during these years, but shaped up after getting myself fired from a summer job in 2012. I began to lose interest and only came on now and again after some time. I got really sick in 2015 and came on a little more mostly because there wasn't much to do being bedridden and all.

I really don't want to bring up Walkazo again, but it's relevant. When I heard we'd lost her, I cried like all hell, as did everyone else. But when I calmed down, I did something that made me realize that I wasn't really feeling this place anymore, that being go into my journalist (my intended occupation) mindset and research who she was (looking back, this was probably pretty disrespectful, and I do both regret and apologize for doing this). I won't mention what I found out of respect for her family's privacy, but it all pointed towards her being a wonderful person. However, the fact that I did this search made me aware that I'd become too distant from the Mariowiki, and wasn't really part of the community anymore, which was what had made the previous years so much fun. I was mourning over Walkazo for who she was in her life, not who she was to me or to the MarioWiki.

I stuck around to see if anything changed, but a year has passed, and I haven't changed on my stance. So, because changing interests have made me feel distanced from the community, which is what made being on here fun and engaging...I have chosen to finally retire.

This choice was likely one that didn't require such a complicated, dramatic, and somewhat poorly worded spiel, but I've been on here on and off for half of my life. I was 9 1/2 when I joined, and I am now 19. This Wiki had just turned two when I joined. Now, it's eleven and a half. I'm not calling myself a veteran by any means, more a longrunner. I'm like someone who works part time at the same company for forty years. They've been there awhile, not every day, but for a long time nonetheless. You guys have given me 9 1/2 years of fun, socialization, advice, information, and best of all, acceptance, and I'd like to thank you all for that. Chances are I'll still be showing my face for the Anniversaries, but that'll probably be about it.

As for individual thanks, I'd like to thank:

Tabuuownsall, for being a good mate and helping me come up with my name
Packy, for those many hours of silly RPGs and codecs
Zae, for giving me insight into the mind of someone less fortunate than myself, and for those many hours of chatting about JRPGs
And of course, our fallen friend Walkazo, we'll always miss you

If you wish to still talk to me outside of the Anniversary, my Skype handle is tylorthaber. I do not have a Twitter. That wraps things up, so...one more time, thank you all for this near decade, I've enjoyed my time here, and best wishes to all.

Just arrived at a beach house we're staying at for the weekend. Will be back in three days!

Back