The Official "I'm going away/coming back!" Thread

once i post the final few relevant things for awards mafia 6, i'm going to drop off the face of the earth around here for 6 weeks so i can focus on uni

can't leave this place for good, but i can surely take a much-needed break after spending two months stressing out over managing a forum game, plus with the prospect of hosting another one of similar scope in november looming over me its basically leave now and recover or don't and burn myself out entirely

msg me through the relevant channels if u need me

peace out :ashley:

Take care Star and GBA :'(

I think I'll drop most of my activity as well, to finish off the uni term and to also avoid Odyssey spoilers as much as I can. I hope to get it on launch day! Though I'd still be around to see new artwork whenever it comes available.

Tomorrow (September 29th) I will be heading out of town for the weekend at around 8am PST, and will not be able to come back online until Monday morning. May be able to check in if the hotel I'll be staying at has Wi-Fi, idk, but don't expect much from me this weekend.

i think i'll attempt to drop off the face of the earth as well for the next few months until december-ish, maybe a little while after that, considering it's my final year and the amount of coursework is going to get ridick, kinda need to ace these 12 weeks if i'm going to come out of this with a 2/1 or higher

i also have my dissertation happening after christmas, but that's pretty much the only thing i'll be doing, so my activity might come back a little after that

or, i could retire for good, and you might never see me agai-HAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i'm sorry, it's getting too funny for me to even SAY that i'm retiring, considering that no matter how hard i try, i can never seem to leave. Only death will separate me from this place, it appears.

but yeah, might occasionally drop in to give my thoughts on "pokemon sun 2 and moon 2: we promise they're different games", "thor: guardians of the galaxy edition", "fantastic beasts 2: we still haven't made this one yet", "star wars: please don't make this a repeat", "batman and wonder woman with friends", or "doctor who: deviantart's dream come true"

until then

uh

bye

cue the cheers

Hey, I'm going to be signing off the forums because I want to dedicate my time towards my personal projects. Don't know if/when I'll be back, might pop in if I'm going nuts over a game or if Mario Odyssey is glorious. I'll still be on Discord, I'm Queenie#0253 on that if you want to add me. I also lurk LB chat.

Later all! Have good lives~

Back home from my vacation. Still gotta settle back in, plus I work already tomorrow 1pm-10:30pm, and already have other plans in the works, but I'll be getting back into the swing of things and get my Shroom nonsense going on soon enough.

Thanks to MST3K and 22 for letting me stay over for a few days !!!!!!!!!!

Anton said:
Thanks to MST3K and 22 for letting me stay over for a few days !!!!!!!!!!

I would have let you stay over as well you know. But you didn't come. :cheep:

I've had this on my mind for a while now, but I think it's time for me to leave the community, at least for a while. I've just lost interest after I didn't get reappointed to the Poll Committee, as well as there being one person here (I'm not going to say who it is for probably obvious reasons) who just grinds my gears to the point that I don't even want to be around them anymore. Because of those things, I think I'm going to move on to a new group of friends that I have elsewhere.

If you still want to keep in touch with me, you can follow me on Twitter @JLuigi02 or friend me on Discord at JL#2913. I also have a YouTube channel that I'm going to try to upload to regularly, which you can find here.

One last thing before I sign off, which is that I might come back sometime, just don't expect it before 2018.

And with that, I'm gonna go, and I'll see you all later!

J-Luigi said:
as well as there being one person here (I'm not going to say who it is for probably obvious reasons) who just grinds my gears to the point that I don't even want to be around them anymore.

If you have enough common sense to not publicly call someone out, please also have the decency to refrain from vaguely accusatory remarks like this. They don't help anyone, feel like you're trying to insult someone without blowback, and just serve to sow distrust. If another person is giving you grief, report them to the mods. None of this "I hate you, you know who you are" nonsense.

That said, good luck, and good bye.

J-Luigi said:
One last thing before I sign off, which is that I might come back sometime, just don't expect it before 2018.

And with that, I'm gonna go, and I'll see you all later!
Okay, see ya next week.

J-Luigi said:
I've had this on my mind for a while now, but I think it's time for me to leave the community, at least for a while. I've just lost interest after I didn't get reappointed to the Poll Committee, as well as there being one person here (I'm not going to say who it is for probably obvious reasons) who just grinds my gears to the point that I don't even want to be around them anymore. Because of those things, I think I'm going to move on to a new group of friends that I have elsewhere.

Roy, I completely understand about wanting to be a part of something. However, that doesn’t mean you have to give up interest in this community just because you don’t have a specific role in it. I don’t have a “role” and here I am still a member of this community. I agree with Gabumon in stating that you could have reported this person to a mod, if they got out of hand. Or maybe you could have at least attempted to talk to this person through DM’s instead of throwing shade in their direction.

See ya later, Roy.

This afternoon I'll be heading off on a trip to Washington DC for a couple days to hear my grandfather sing in concerts. Internet access will be limited except in the hotel, but most of the time there will be spent sleeping so yeah. Should be back Thursday night.

Well, because of some frustrating family problems, I will be a lot less active than before. Though I guarantee that between 24 October and 5 November (or so), I will be as active as I always was.

I'm all moved in to my new apartment, which had occupied much of my time for the past couple days. I don't have my normal Internet all set up yet so I'm using my phone's Internet now, but aside from that and boxes that need to be addressed I should be situated soon :P

I'm going to log off of the forums until I feel just about all talk about Odyssey dissipates before I get it.

uni ends friday and odyssey comes out on the same day so i guess i'm alright with being active on the forums again

not to mention 'Shroom Killing Game being a thing

so hey dudes :luigi:

K1-B0 said:
uni ends friday and odyssey comes out on the same day so i guess i'm alright with being active on the forums again

not to mention 'Shroom Killing Game being a thing

so hey dudes :luigi:

Glad to see ya again buddy! (going to assume this post summoned you)

Back