What's the most overrated/underrated Mario game out there?

SMG is better IMO

I miss the various types of Comets from SMG.

Link_Dudette said:
smg is better but now with smg2 its underated

Misinterpret post.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 is not underrated either. I think it is slightly overrated.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is NOT underrated. IMO, it did not deserve the 10/10 that most gaming sites give it. It's a great game, but not an epic masterpiece.

smg 2 is overated, If rosalina was a major character, more than green stars after 120 stars,more story/extra story and non linear maps

then MAYBE it could be a 10/10 game
imo its a 8.5/10 and smg 9/10

Overrated: SM64. It's great, but they should've made it more action-oriented, like the sidescrollers.
Underrated: SMBG&W: It went beyond the limits of the Game and Watch.

I think Super Mario Bros. 2 is one of the most underrated Mario games there is. As far as I can tell, it's largely hated by the fanbase, because of it being so vastly different from the first one one (along with all the other games in the series). Sure, that game may just be a ROM hack of Doki Doki Panic, but I still found the game to be lots of fun to play. Especially with all the new gimmicks and extras that were added in the Game Boy Advance port. I consider Super Mario Bros. 2 to be just as important as the rest of the games in the series, but for some reason, it seems almost as if Nintendo's trying to forget the game ever existed. Just about every other Mario sidescroller has been referenced in some way in some of the recent games, while SMB2 gets next to none. I think the same thing applies to the Super Mario Land series.

Link_Dudette said:
overated:smg2,mkds,mpds,winter games
these are all overated

winter games overated?

The game got positive reviews but nothing too spectacular, and as for the fanbase, everyone pretty much ignores it. I´d say it´s pretty UNDERrated IMO.

The only mistake is that it's a little short; it should be "It's not a Mario game worth playing because it doesn't have Bowser or Peach."

I jest, DK and Luigi are too cool for school as well. B)

Villain said:
New Super Mario Bros Wii is a little overrated. It was a great game, but not spectacular.
I said a per, per, per, a per is the word.
(I hate Family Guy but I couldn't help making that reference.)

I know. I was just making a joke out of the statement regardless of origin.

OMG you are so right!

Super mario bros wii. is so overrated It's boring for me. You see I don't know if it's just me but SMB ds was way better!

Some of these games that are meant to be OVERLY AWESOME are sometimes not as good. I suppose just me though so yeah

per,per,per is the word

yes here are a few of the mistakes:

peaches party,that party really should have had daisy,rosalina and some other characters their,yes its a silly thing but its a small detail

the bosses,really,they should have had more than JUST the kooplings as bosses, also in level 8 they should have done it like smbds with dry bowser and the final boss you had to fight all 7 koopling ,bowser ad jr one at a time rather than just making bowser bigger,its the easiest final boss ever

yellow and blue toads, that.... was just bad.....

p1 can only be mario,thats mean, what if p1 wants to be luigi!

yes most those mistakes have made the game worse in some way IMO

Link_Dudette said:
they should have had more than JUST the kooplings as bosses
They did. Aside from Bowser, Bowser Jr. and Kamek were bosses, too. Or were you counting Bowser Jr. as one of the Koopalings?

Back