Warioware: Move It!

Pink Cat

Not always pink, not always a cat
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
Announced at today's Nintendo Direct, a new game in the Warioware series for Switch has been announced, seemingly being a successor to Warioware Smooth Moves, there is 2 player co op and a board game mode

Do we really need another Warioware game again this soon? How about giving us another Wario Land game. It's such a shame that Nintendo hates Wario Land.

Do we really need another Warioware game again this soon? How about giving us another Wario Land game. It's such a shame that Nintendo hates Wario Land.

Did Shake It even sold enough to recuperate its extreme costs?

Um yes it does matter, it's the reason F-Zero is practically a dead franchise and why AlphaDream shuttered.

According to users on the Wario forums Wario Land Shake It wasn't a sales bomb. And again the Wario Land games outsold the Metroid games.

Metroid is a critical darling and has an incredibly passionate fanbase though.

How many people are really going around clamoring for the return of Wario Land, making Wario Land fan games and other fan content, etc.?

Did Shake It even sold enough to recuperate its extreme costs?

i don't know what the game's budget was, but i suppose a good chunk of it went into the hand-drawn visuals, background illustrations etc. assuming the game failed to break even, the takeaway should've been to allocate less budget to graphics and stylization, not so stop making them altogether

it didn't even sell badly. 1 million copies worldwide is an amazing feat given its abyssmal marketing compunded by brawl and wii music (which was aggressively pushed) releasing the same year.

How many people are really going around clamoring for the return of Wario Land, making Wario Land fan games and other fan content, etc.?

nintendo has brought back famicom detective, baten kaitos (nvm, that's namco), and advance wars on the switch. how many fans do you suppose these have?

more to the point, i'm positive wario land has a substantial fanbase, but i don't think it matters all that much in itself. the switch is a great platform to sell software on. basically every nintendo series released on it broke its own record or came close to it, even if their switch outings weren't, critically speaking, the best received. whatever success wario land had in the past, it would only get newfound attention here.

and to contrast it to metroid in terms of critical reception is disingenuous. all wario land games have received positive reviews, some even critical acclaim.

consider also that Pizza Tower has upwards to millions of fans and draws in a lot from the Wario Land fanbase. I suppose Antonblast will also get in that ballpark once it releases, given its current following

Last edited:
It's just too bad Nintendo hasn't really done anything new with Wario in the last 10 years, outside of WarioWare and spinoff appearances. I feel like another WarioWare game on the Switch was kind of uncalled for, and with Switch sales slumping going into its 6th year, I don't really feel it's going to be a hit. One possible reason for this release could be that this is kind of going to be the last WarioWare game going out with a bang before Nintendo either does something new with Wario or does away with him completely.

nintendo has brought back famicom detective, baten kaitos, and advance wars on the switch. how many fans do you suppose these have?
Those are just remakes though, I feel there's a difference between 'remakes of some older games' VS 'giving these franchises all-new entries on the Switch', y'know?

It's just too bad Nintendo hasn't really done anything new with Wario in the last 10 years, outside of WarioWare and spinoff appearances. I feel like another WarioWare game on the Switch was kind of uncalled for, and with Switch sales slumping going into its 6th year, I don't really feel it's going to be a hit. One possible reason for this release could be that this is kind of going to be the last WarioWare game going out with a bang before Nintendo either does something new with Wario or does away with him completely.
Wario will be publicly executed when they announce the Switch 2.

Mark your calendars.

Wario will be publicly executed when they announce the Switch 2.

Mark your calendars.

~~ Wario Land: Adventures in the Underworld ~~

A brand new Wario platforming adventure for the Nintendo 3D Swiitch U family of systems!

Wario was caught pooping outside of the toilet bowl in a public restroom and the court ruled that he be fucking executed for his actions.

Now Wario's soul must wander the depths of hell in search of the Devil and defeat him in a gruesome battle to reclaim his carnal vessel. Watch out! If you lose the battle, you end up in Super Hell and it's game over!

Meet Waluigi, Wario's partner in crime, in the brand new player co-op mode! Nintendo killed him off so many times that the afterlife was the only appropriate context they could shove him in a Wario game.

~~ Wario Land: Adventures in the Underworld ~~

A brand new Wario platforming adventure for the Nintendo 3D Swiitch U family of systems!

Wario was caught pooping outside of the toilet bowl in a public restroom and the court ruled that he be fucking executed for his actions.

Now Wario's soul must wander the depths of hell in search of the Devil and defeat him in a gruesome battle to reclaim his carnal vessel. Watch out! If you lose the battle, you end up in Super Hell and it's game over!

Meet Waluigi, Wario's partner in crime, in the brand new player co-op mode! Nintendo killed him off so many times that the afterlife was the only appropriate context they could shove him in a Wario game.

I know I don't hold the most popular opinion here, but personally I enjoy seeing Wario suffer and that game sounds like a hoot.

Can you folks take this somewhere else? This topic has very little talk about the actual game in the name
I mean there's not much to really talk about considering that all we know about the new WarioWare game is like...what's in the trailer tbh.

Than why don't the games sell better?

(Granted calling the Metroid games 'flops' isn't really accurate since they all still make back their budget but even still, you have to understand the concept of something being a critical darling, an incredibly influential franchise [I mean the Metroidvania genre doesn't have 'Metroid' in the name for shits and giggles] and having a dedicated fanbase without it being massively popular among the general population)

Last edited:
The game looks interesting. I played smooth moves on the Wii, the only issue is that to me, the smaller form factor of the joy-con feel clunkier to wield in motion-control heavy games as opposed to the wii-remote and nunchuk. Plus using Gyro as a pointer isn't as fluid as using the sensor-bar if they want to do any pointer based microgames.

The game looks interesting. I played smooth moves on the Wii, the only issue is that to me, the smaller form factor of the joy-con feel clunkier to wield in motion-control heavy games as opposed to the wii-remote and nunchuk. Plus using Gyro as a pointer isn't as fluid as using the sensor-bar if they want to do any pointer based microgames.
They probably will include some pointer-based microgames.

Back