Super Mario RPG Switch

Are you interested in Super Mario RPG coming to the Switch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Obviously it's not a bad UI in general I just think it should be evoking the whimsy of the Mario franchise more. Super Mario Bros. Wonder's UI doesn't bother me as much as despite not using THE Mario font, it does angle its font and stylize it well. In the grand scheme of things, a nitpick, as this remake looks amazing so far so if the UI is the only thing that bothers me at all, that's a big net positive lol.

1687623305747.png

HE KEPT THE MUSTACHE

I actually like the UI. I feel like with a remake you should really keep it simple, idk, it just feels right. It makes me want to buy the game which is theoretically the goal when developing one. It makes the game feel more agreeable.

I did miss out on playing the original SNES version of this, save for when I rented it at the video store as a kid and only played it a little bit at a time. I'm hoping this is just a graphical/engine update and it still plays like the original SNES game otherwise. Overall, I am hyped enough and am hopefully going to grab it when released. I do feel like this is better than it being Emulated for the SNES in the Switch Online Membership too.

Bought the original on my Wii U like 10 minutes before the Eshop shut down, and haven't started it yet, but I might actually save it for when the Switch version comes out, and play both of them simultaneously, just to notice all the little differences and stuff. I could try to play through both of the games identically, which would be hilarious.

I am trying my full hardest not to watch ANYTHING related to the original release because I really want to play SMRPG blind for the first time. I know about the
secret final fantasy boss battle
and the Forest Maze (who doesnt), but that's about it.

I actually like the UI.
I think the battle UI is alright, but it gives the vibe that I'm watching Mario Party Superstars and not Super Mario RPG lol

Well guess how the sales will end up this time next year. With 10-year-old graphics, they can't keep it up for too much longer, leaving only the hardcore fans clinging to it while casual gamers will get an Xbox S. I just hope the next console has somewhat impressive graphics, and I'm kinda bored of the Switch.

With 10-year-old graphics, they can't keep it up for too much longer, leaving only the hardcore fans clinging to it while casual gamers will get an Xbox S.
It's always been like that: in terms of graphical power: by time of release, every new Nintendo console is already dated by a generation or two. The games still sell. Most of the audience paying for Nintendo stuff don't care that much about 59.7 fps with 5k skybox textures and skin-pore normal maps, and immersive uncompressed 640kbps .flac files for the headsets. They just want a fun, straightforward game that looks pleasant. I mean, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still selling despite being like an 8+ year old game. Smash Ultimate is the best selling fighting game despite looking very dated even for 2017. Sword and Shield sold spectacularly, and that game looks and performs terribly.

It's been a while since I last heard the term "hardcore" and "casual" and I thought it kind of fell out of favor. I don't think they're useful terms anyhow.

It's been a while since I last heard the term "hardcore" and "casual" and I thought it kind of fell out of favor. I don't think they're useful terms anyhow.
What I was referring to as "hardcore" and "casual" was based on the amount of time gamers spend playing, regardless of genre. As someone who doesn't really spend too much time gaming, I would classify as a "casual gamer". I would buy an Xbox if I wanted to just kill time playing Call of Duty or Forza and stuff, not wanting to get into deep RPGs or anything.

I wonder which bosses can be rematched, the ones in the trailer already look hard, if you can rematch the hidden bosses somebody is going to snap their Switch in half

Interesting that the inside of the castle is white instead of blue. I wonder why they went with that?

I'm interested for the same reason I was excited for Pikmin 4: paving the way to mario rpgs can bring back and lead to expansion in that genre that died years ago.

The rpg genre is going just fine last I checked.

spoiler for a certain bonus fight behind that locked door in Monstro Town

bit disappointed Culex simply reuses his original sprite. i'm aware the entire point is that he's an entity from another dimension and that this is conveyed visually through his design, but they could have still revamped him to look closer to Final Fantasy promo art. representing him through just a static, traditionally-drawn illustration would have gone a long way. Imagine a Culex drawn by Yoshitaka Amano 🤤

Last edited:
Back