Super Mario Bros. Wonder

Have you gotten this game yet?

• Total voters
Hoping it's new bosses, this game has the perfect reason as to why it's new bosses, and the Koopalings, sure they could go for another round but personally I feel like they've overstayed their introduction. Give it a break for a little.

Is the complaint that Koopalings are everywhere still legit though? Honestly they haven't been around for quite a while at this point. They've been left out of all the last mainline games from 3D World onward, and were introduced only as a late update in SMM2. Not even spin-offs seem to bother with them now. The last we've seen them was in Mario Kart Circuit.

I like the Koopalings and I still hope to see them making a grand return in the main series. Perhaps it's a good occasion to have them as interesting bosses with some new quirk mechanics. Though I honestly kinda doubt we'll see them in this game considering the recent trend.

TBH Koopalings aren't inherently a problem since virtually all bosses in 2D Mario platformers have been mediocre at best.

I really hope they actually improve the boss battles in this game because that would be refreshing.

Agreed. The bosses of the first NSMB game get a lot of praise but I feel they get very overrated simply for not being Koopalings: sure some of them are great in terms of design (the bosses of worlds 2 and 7 in particular) but others are unremarkable (one is just a large Goomba) and they're all as easy, if not easier than the Koopalings, especially with the broken ground pound mechanic.

Judging from the small snapshot of Bowser Jr. we got it seems we're seeing new mechanic this time around, so I'm fairly confident it's not all about simply stomping on their heads.

On the main artwork you can see a goomba with Blue Toad's cap. I really hope we can play as some of Bowser's minions!

The Koopalings are tricky to implement in a playable cast since they're pretty much a package deal in my eyes, but they would work in particular group-situations, say hosts for each Mario Party board and wreaking havoc.

The Koopalings are tricky to implement in a playable cast since they're pretty much a package deal in my eyes, but they would work in particular group-situations, say hosts for each Mario Party board and wreaking havoc.
I wonder why Nintendo (almost, remember the BIS Remake on the 3DS?) never considered a game focusing mostly on them and Bowser.

because everyones favorite mustachioed plumber... *coughs*... needs to keep adventuring in the mushroom kingdom. Basically, if Nintendo does make a triple-A, big time game focusing on Bowser and the Koopalings, that could be another sign of Nintendo's recent lack of creativity with Mario and that they're resorting to using other characters as resources to make more games out of. That would not be good. However, if they made a spinoff I wouldn't mind.

because everyones favorite mustachioed plumber... *coughs*... needs to keep adventuring in the mushroom kingdom. Basically, if Nintendo does make a triple-A, big time game focusing on Bowser and the Koopalings, that could be another sign of Nintendo's recent lack of creativity with Mario and that they're resorting to using other characters as resources to make more games out of. That would not be good. However, if they made a spinoff I wouldn't mind

Fair point. Though I would want a Triple-A big-time game focusing on Bowser and the Koopalings. Has Nintendo actually released any Triple-A games though?

Supposedly game testers arr saying it's a harder difficulty than the usual 2d Mario
Source: comicbook.com
yeah just read that same article, I'd kind of like to see something like that.
Has Nintendo actually released any Triple-A games though?
Well, Triple-A just means a big-time, big-hype, big-budget game, like mainline Mario, The Legend of Zelda, CoD, or Forza, as opposed to spin-offs like Mario and Luigi or Mario Sports, so yeah they have.

yeah just read that same article, I'd kind of like to see something like that.

Well, Triple-A just means a big-time, big-hype, big-budget game, like mainline Mario, The Legend of Zelda, CoD, or Forza, as opposed to spin-offs like Mario and Luigi or Mario Sports, so yeah they have.

Apparently one article claims Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is Triple-A.

Mario Kart is absolutely not a triple A title.

Why would they blacklist comic book as opposed to ignoring it? If they do something like that people would just get suspicous in best case scenario.

I'm curious to see what the bosses will be and how they will work. I'm assuming it worked the same way before but I'm wondering(no pun intended) Whether or not they'll create new ones or use the Koopalings again.

Last edited:
I'm very skeptical about high difficulty. It would be awesome, but Nintendo is more kid oriented nowadays. (If that ain't the understatement of the century)

I'm curious to see what the bosses will be and how they will work. I'm assuming it worked the same way before but I'm wondering(no pun intended) Whether or not they'll create new or use the Koopalings again.
Please new bosses Nintendo! I am tired of Larry, Lemmy, and the other Losers.

I'm very skeptical about high difficulty. It would be awesome, but Nintendo is more kid oriented nowadays. (If that ain't the understatement of the century)

Nowadays? They've always been that way.

no, BlueCatMenace is correct. i distinctly remember nintendo producing extremely gory shooters featuring luigi back in the '90s. heck, the first smash bros was basically a reskin of mortal kombat where mario tore link's spine out, did a little pirouette, and proudly displayed the spine to the player as if it were a power star, and he'd be drenched in blood sweat. but ever since the mario mandates they've been leaning into this kiddie shit we have today 😒

Last edited:
Imagine Bowser uses the Wonder flower to turn himself into a chesire-like creature that can attack you with his disembodied parts. He's name would be : Bowsire.

Last edited:
Back