the official "u did it" thread

Roger Smith said:
I feel like I've gotten to know you guys well enough to be comfortable saying this.

I'm not exactly sure what the proper terminology is for this (and frankly I don’t really care lol), but I'm bisexual; I'm physically attracted to men, but romantically attracted to women.

don't really know what else to say...
actually I do. you guys are the first group of people that I have shared this information with. no one else knows this about me - I'm too anxious to tell my rl friends, and I really don't want to see my family's reaction to this. thanks for being a supportive enough community to make me feel safe saying this.

so yeah. I'm bi. :P

Congratulations on coming out! As someone who first came out as trans here, the community here is very supportive of LGBT rights, so you're definitely safe here.

Lauren Mayberry said:
Lauren Mayberry said:
Been really unhappy with myself and my weight lately so I took the initiative yesterday to finally kick my ass and do something about it. Starting to cut back on the amount of food I eat, and trying to cut back on unhealthy food in general. Went out and got some fruits and veggies to snack on rather and snacked on those instead of chips and stuff. Taking my walking more seriously every day and am fully committed to drinking water basically 24/7 unless I need to have something else. Going to start getting into some other physical activities before long (between exercising and/or just finding something I like to do, like shoot some basketball or something). Feeling really good about myself truthfully and hoping I can keep this up. :boo:

It's been a little while since this post but I have lost about 5 and a half pounds and I am below 190 for the first time in a couple of months (should be close to a year, admittedly). It's taking time but it's progress and I'm super excited and happy with myself and cannot wait to continue! :boo:

Congratulations on your weight loss, Packy!

Finally the Eyes on Nest shirts arrived. It looks great and more people knew that we were volunteers based on what we're wearing, so it's great when they ask us questions and we answer them.

There's a bunch of Least Tern adults today, and three Least Tern fledglings. Lots of Least Tern activity on the service road like always. There's also a Killdeer nest near that camera box thing they put up, at least, according to a guy who asked us stuff, as there were also Killdeers hanging around that area. Also notified us of a Green Heron, saw it and it's beautiful.

The hunting Osprey visited the area again, but I kinda wish we got an actual dangerous bird to the Least Terns. Would have been exciting and thrilling to see. I have yet to see one and mark those down, though. There are vulnerable birds around that area, so more predation should be suspected.

Summer at the wetlands is nice. It's next to the Pacific Ocean so it's never too hot there and in mornings, there's always a marine layer to cool things down, and there's always a nice, cool sea breeze to keep us cool. We do have to sit directly under the sun but I like it there, better than being in home, inland, with warmer temperatures.

I started working on a new game today, so far I've made the intro/splashscreen and a little gameplay. Pretty proud of it so far, honestly.
cEHBdpZ.gif

Ho boy was yesterday a day.

First I went back to the town I moved away from 12½ years ago when I was seven to see how things changed and whether I'd meet old playmates.
Apparently the family I specifically looked for moved away, but, only a ten-minute walk away in the same town.
Found their new home, and lo and behold despite it being Monday, three out of four people where at home! I made a great entrance and spend more than three hours talking with them about the past 12½ years.
It was fantastic!

Then when I got home out of nowhere a colony of bees had made themselves comfortable in our old letterbox. Amazzzing.
Luckily, my mother knows a beekeeper who then placed them in a beehive. The few lost bees that got into the house are literally lost because bees can't live without their queen so they will just wait on their own deaths.
This situation makes them really calm though so I could make a really close-up picture which I posted in the photo thread.

I made Baby Luigi receive facial animation in Left 4 Dead 2

86B42B0F22847905A8AEC1C1E25653D19805552E

113E30D53AAA2C42FA1D1780C2082A056DF336D1

972584DFE9842777E9B71CF6FFCE5C5303784D42

He seems pretty pissed that I'm using him yet again to conduct tests.

So far, it's going great. I made mouth movements so you can actually see him talking. This is like his default facial expression because characters are like this in Left 4 Dead 2.

So...great news is that I learned how to make characters animate while they are talking.

Bad news is that I need to update my survivor add-ons now D: D:

I finally fully fasted my first Ramadan after breaking the consecutive record last year since I was traveling.

I have no clue how but I somehow got a 5 (max score) on my AP spanish exam

I honestly felt that I did horribly, especially on the speaking part, so I was expecting a 3 or even a 2, but just somehow I managed a 5

I'm just pleasantly shocked lmao

So we've been working on something at work that I'm excited and passionate about. Today I can finally say it; Don Bradman Cricket 17 will feature female players!

The Academy on Steam has also been updated to include the female characters, which you can download and play for free right now. :)

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/07/07/women-players-coming-to-don-bradman-cricket

Maya Fey said:
how'd it happen?
Had to grab a box that had been chucked into the ceiling tiles. Was stood on my colleague's shoulders, pulled myself up, went to put my ass somewhere so I wasn't dangling, as soon as my ass touched the tiles I went through, thankfully I got caught.

Grim said:
Maya Fey said:
how'd it happen?
Had to grab a box that had been chucked into the ceiling tiles. Was stood on my colleague's shoulders, pulled myself up, went to put my ass somewhere so I wasn't dangling, as soon as my ass touched the tiles I went through, thankfully I got caught.

Thank god you're all right

Back