the official "u did it" thread

Been getting some decent complaints from customers lately.

First one handed me two £10 notes for something that cost less than £10 and couldn't understand why I was giving on back.

The second one was a customer asked me for an extra hot latte. I did it, but before they drank it, let alone touched the cup they told me it wasn't hot enough and I had to redo it.

Also, from yesterday's Eyes On Nest

It was high tide and it was very marine-layery yesterday. Unfortunately, there wasn't much activity going on. The stupid pink flowers still grow back more on the Least Tern breeding grounds, but the fuzzy acrea moth caterpillars never cease to amuse me. This is what they look like:

6Z4LNZ7LBZXL4ZMHGZ7LVZMLVZ9HUZUH1ZIL5ZGHPZXH2Z4LBZ4L9Z9HBZGLZR5L9ZPH3H7L4ZKL.jpg

They're actually cuter than they seem, I even touched them and they're very fuzzy. European Starlings like eating them, though, so....yeah, as much as I like them, it's also very amusing to see European Starlings eat them. They shake the caterpillars around like mad, like they're holding a gummy worm, and eventually gulp them down.

I have to remember that I really love the White Pelicans that hang out nearby. They're very graceful and dignified while flying and I like them sitting on the water as well. My other favorite birds are the Herons and Egrets as well. Snowy Egrets are the most common, but Great White Egrets are fairly rare. Great Blue Herons on the other hand are predators for Least Terns (I think the eggs and chicks) but fortunately, they're not commonly seen near our area.

There had been reports of NOHA sightings (Northern Harrier in birder lingo, god that reminds me of that old conversation I had with Walkazo about those types of bird labels) but I hadn't seen any. Those are predators for Least Terns we need to look out for. The most predatory bird were the gulls and Ospreys, but gulls aren't particularly exciting and Opsreys aren't a threat to any bird, despite Elegant Terns throwing a fit whenever they see one.

At least the Belding's Savanna Sparrow aka the Pickleweed Sparrow always sings loud and proud on the fences, always such a pleasant sight to see and hear.

Grim said:
The second one was a customer asked me for an extra hot latte. I did it, but before they drank it, let alone touched the cup they told me it wasn't hot enough and I had to redo it.

They wanted a coffee straight from hell

June 8th was the last day for seniors at my high school (aside from graduation on the 16th), which means I am officially done with high school forever! I have also now ended every quarter/semester/school year with straight A's since I enrolled in cyber school back in 4th grade. Wooo! :boo:

YOU GO BRO!

you're all grown up now ;_;
i remember when you were such a tiny wee bit lad

i feel old

Made a 3.89 GPA *bleep* yeah. First time in high school getting all A's which was particularly easy this year since I didn't take any AP classes.

Qnl955E.jpg

I have no shame.

Striker Mario said:

Man, that is some good track name. Makes me wish I could hack (yes I know I already tried with MKW but maybe I'll give this a go too).

Had a great day in London yesterday, saw several of the sights. Though we all got a bit panicy near the end, after our tube got cancelled due to signal failings.

Back