the official "u did it" thread

LN1 said:
Glitchy said:
Beat my Pokemon Blue nuzlocke! Though it really sucks that my Blastoise, Sandslasb and Haunter died near the end.
Did you run into any other 1/256 misses(other meaning aside from that one Raticate's Quick Attack)?

I've seen a few, mostly during grinding.

yesterday was an absolutely fucking horrible day but i'm doing much better today so that's nice

Well..........I cooooooulld make a Meta Knight being playable possible you know.

As long as your character is a biped, then I can make him playable. It doesn't matter if he's short and stubby like Toad or long, large, and lanky like Waluigi, there's a certain trick that let's me use other character proportions over the regular human ones properly, so they show up fine, despite how usually, model replacements require your characters to be the same proportions.

That sounds really neat but I wouldn't want you to spend all that time making a mod for me only for me to not be able to use it

That's fine, there are a lot of other people out there who would absolutely like to use Meta Knight. It probably could get popular on workshop even.

Yeah, kinda, in the form of writing and editing .qc files to tell a compiler what to do. For example, you need to specify where the game looks for your materials on your model, so you write $cdmaterials "your\file\path\" in your .qc file to tell the game where to look for textures. You also need to tell the compiler where to compile the model to and so on. There's a lot of commands, a lot I don't know and haven't used, but usually, a template for it works fine. To make survivors in Left 4 Dead 2, I use the typical survivor .qc file and just input my own models into it. To make characters correctly resized, I use an external file someone else made that adds or subtracts bone placements from animations so that they are properly sized. I mean, you could manually do all of that addition or subtraction of bone placements but that'll take a really long time to do.

Other games I mod like Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl don't use compilers like how Source does, though, so it's probably no programming on my end there aside from making the bones and model assets and whatnot.

GalacticPetey said:
Happened yesterday but I took the SAT and think I did good!

Now for the ACT in a week.
Same. I took the pSAT in my school in April though.

Back