the official "u did it" thread

squee ~♪

I didn't know it was possible but I finally gave Baby Mario and Baby Luigi distinctive heads in my Baby Mario Bros. over the colored Toads hack, finally making them look unique to each other. Bite me, palette-swapped Toads and Nintendo!

ChaVtbt.png

dvOBM3T.png

The Pyro Guy said:
Greg Universe said:
Anton said:
are they transplanting the duke of edinburgh's toes onto you? :cheep: :cheep: :cheep:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_of_Edinburgh%27s_Award

i chose not to do DofE so i don't know, that might be part of it
Yup, that's the one

while that does sound thrilling and exciting, I think my idea would have had a far greater impact on your life.......................

I just found out my growing appetite for literature. I'm finding language more interesting than science nowadays :/

So I just bought Dante's Inferno because my history teacher once recommended it.

Mettaton said:
I just found out my growing appetite for literature. I'm finding language more interesting than science nowadays :/

So I just bought Dante's Inferno because my history teacher once recommended it.

Neat, what circle of hell are you on so far?

Besides Mario Boards I mean

Amphituber said:
Mettaton said:

Neat, what circle of hell are you on so far?

Besides Mario Boards I mean

I honestly haven't started it yet, I will tomorrow. But I imagine that's it's done in order?

Well, yes. I was just wondering which one you had read up to.

Interesting ideas in that book. The prose itself makes me gag, though. Almost as bad as LotR & Silmarillion-era Tolkien.

Kirstie Maldonado said:
I almost started a fire in the microwave.

Well then.

I did the same thing once.

Anyway, I managed to wake up before 8:00 AM for once.

well that's like the only thing mods do.

be happy with their banhammers

14:58 Anton{Politoed} So
14:58 Anton{Politoed} I just had a customer come in and try to use a gift card
14:58 Anton{Politoed} Computer says it wasnt issued
14:58 Anton{Politoed} But I knew it was
14:59 Anton{Politoed} I just needed physical proof
14:59 Anton{Politoed} I told her that I'd need time to hunt for the receipt
14:59 Anton{Politoed} There's hundreds of receipt packets
14:59 Anton{Politoed} In each bag for months
15:00 Anton{Politoed} With hundreds of receipts in each
15:00 Anton{Politoed} The first
15:00 Anton{Politoed} FIRST packet
15:00 Anton{Politoed} Like 5 from the top
15:00 Anton{Politoed} I found the single receipt I needed
15:00 Anton{Politoed} I'm so happy
15:00 Anton{Politoed} That could've been hours of work

Anton said:
14:58 Anton{Politoed} So
14:58 Anton{Politoed} I just had a customer come in and try to use a gift card
14:58 Anton{Politoed} Computer says it wasnt issued
14:58 Anton{Politoed} But I knew it was
14:59 Anton{Politoed} I just needed physical proof
14:59 Anton{Politoed} I told her that I'd need time to hunt for the receipt
14:59 Anton{Politoed} There's hundreds of receipt packets
14:59 Anton{Politoed} In each bag for months
15:00 Anton{Politoed} With hundreds of receipts in each
15:00 Anton{Politoed} The first
15:00 Anton{Politoed} FIRST packet
15:00 Anton{Politoed} Like 5 from the top
15:00 Anton{Politoed} I found the single receipt I needed
15:00 Anton{Politoed} I'm so happy
15:00 Anton{Politoed} That could've been hours of work
I had a customer tell us we offered terrible service because we ran out of teaspoons whilst getting extremely busy.

i love customers who are completely idiots

my favorite example is when a person got pissed for getting kicked out for texting at a theater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3eeC2lJZs

I mean yah she sounds like an idiot but she's kind of right. What if she really was trying to find her seat? Kicking someone out without first asking them to stop, and without giving them a refund is absolutely not how a theater should handle that sort of situation.

the flashlight comment sounds p unrelated to the actual thing, because she then goes on about texting, which she wouldn't be complaining about if she weren't texting

alamo drafthouse also has a warning system where they first tell people not to text, and if they continue to do so, they kick them out

Sub-Zero said:
I saw Jupiter through a telescope

Did you see any of its moons or is the telescope isn't powerful enough? Or how about the Great Red Spot?

Baby Luigi said:
Sub-Zero said:
I saw Jupiter through a telescope

Did you see any of its moons or is the telescope isn't powerful enough? Or how about the Great Red Spot?

I was able to see Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Calypso next to it but not in great detail. There were actually several telescopes viewed on it. One of them was a monocular scope, but upon viewing it through a binocular scope, I saw much more color to it, and the Eye.

Messed around a bit with FF5 cheats and found an interesting programming quirk* that allows me to briefly have the palette of one job on another job's sprite.

Edit: Turns out I can mess with the palettes of every single job. This is gonna be interesting.
Edit 2: Sadly it does not extend onto battle because at that point palettes are corrected.

*I kinda don't want to call it a glitch since it can only really be done through cheats.

Back