the official "u did it" thread

Bowling tournament: over.

Scores:

Pretty mediocre, but apparently that's because of faulty lane quality.

Attended my officially last regular day of school.

Well it's pretty difficult to do it, considering binary star systems can vary a lot in distance.

Indeed. However my astronomy professor said that the far handle star on the Big Dipper is a binary star system. The constellation happened to be visible that day so hooray

Most stars in the universe are multiple star systems. For example, Sirius is a binary star system, though its companion, Sirius B, is probably too faint to see. I think Sirius is still out tonight, but you have to be early, as Orion and his dog are setting earlier and earlier, to the point where you can't see it before sunset.

My school is attempting a "lip dub" video with all of the students involved (either as part of a club/organization or filling the hall as an extra); today was the practice run and ended up in total chaos since no one was really given any instructions; after the camera rolled through the halls everyone started running to the gym (which we were told to pack as a grand finale) which ended up in ~300 students dancing to "Uptown Funk".

I cheesed a question on a maths paper.

It was like "There's n sweets in a bag. Six of these are orange, the rest are yellow. The possibility of Dennis picking two orange sweets is 1/3." (not necessarily like that but that was the key information)

Then it said "Show that n*2 - n - 90 = 0" or something for part i

I probably could've figured it out using just that equation, but I randomly thought it might happen like 6/10 x 5/9, which equals 30/90 and simplifies to 1/3... proving that n = 10. I wrote my thoughts and added the equation substituting n's value as I had proven it to be 10, and I assume that was enough. They never asked me how I should show it. :dk:

Part ii was the amazing bit, though.

"Solve n*2 - n - 90 = 0 to find the value of n."

I didn't feel obligated to do this normally because I already knew the value of n, so I drew an arrow to my working for part i and wrote 10. I probably won't get marks for working out in that second one but I still feel amazing about it, it's so funny.

Somehow I botched some algebra in the worst way on one of the earlier questions but this made me feel better.

I started a new job this week and I'm loving it. It's very close to where I live, it's in the exports department which is my main interest, and it's in a company I like.

I went back to Eyes on Nest again and lo and behold, Least Terns, the birds we're supposed to be looking after, are starting to nest there!

Wish we can see the Snowy Plovers, but at least the Least Terns are coming.

Also, I love the sound of like, a bazlillion Elegant Terns.

Bolsa Chica Wetlands is like my second home now, that's how much I love it :)

i got a job!

but mfw it's a mcjob
kzGpRev.gif

but still a job

So at like 1 am today i found out you can play ps1 games on a ps3

and just now ive been ipbanned from all chats on twitch.tv for spamming (for 24 hours EDIT: nvm was only 2)

It took about a year, but I finally beat Theory of Everything 2, which is the second hardest level in Geometry Dash. 2609 attempts and 63365 jumps.

Went to my first comic-con and it was a pretty interesting experience. Imagine being stuck in a overcrowded space with hundreds of cosplayers, and everything is overpriced. That was pretty much it in a nutshell. But it was still pretty good, some of the cosplays were amazing, and it was nice to get a general feel of conventions. I should really prepare a cosplay for next year, maybe Trainer Red idk.

also if anyone cares I saw 7 deadpools, 9 harley quinns and 10 homestuck trolls

Back