What game did you last play?!?!?!?

happy donkey kong day i played tropical freeze eaerlier and got a bunch of puzzle pieces i missed. of course i was doing this entirely in hard mode lmao even thouhg i dont have to

i also got switch online again so im starting another dkc3 playthrough!!! this time ill try to go without save states. i beat riverside race last so far, and got every minigame up to this point and every dk coin in world 1
i beat swankys sideshow (specifically head to head) in. literally 5 seconds
so far i died once each in murky mill and barrel shield bust up
that second bonus game in rivserside race was DREADFUL i have no idea how many times i restarted it only to end up hitting a rekoil in the bonus game ANYWAY
i was uh. Quite Frustrated
Aside from whatever the hell thsi nonsense was. great game

Super Smash Bros. Crusade
EtAjuz1WMAAsG9X.jpg

WAIT A MINUTE IS THAT GENO-

Garry's Mod

gm_oasis0001.jpg

gm_oasis0000.jpg

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
HOLY CRAP the falling debris part of Level 2-2 is HARD. I only survived while dropping from like above 20 lives to literally 0 lives, so I was literally that close to a Game Over but I beat it just that barely and by that much of the skin of my teeth did I not get a Game Over.

Reactions: zel
Monster Hunter Rise
I got it for my birthday and so far it's sooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooooooood!

Garry's Mod

20210712214832_1.jpg

also maybe if i really miss playing a game i should just play it what a novel concept
i am doing this again with rayman 3, went through the first two worlds. i havent played it in almost a year
i had many things to say about my experience so far but i just dumped them all on a server. most notably im not big on th e humor when all the joke is is A Reference, or the Horny Jokes, but some of it WAS funy
noticed this game has a trend of doing random gameplay diversions that dont contribute to anything
here are Screenshots with Things Happening In Them (it is a ubisoft game. those, as you know, are prone to glitches)
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

speaking of games i really miss playing! i was kind of intending today to get angry birds stella on my phone and start playing it after rayman 3, but i took too long playing rayman 3. maybe tomorrow ! i miss angry birds games so bad im also on the verge of getting into the series HARD again I like silly bird

The Sims 3

Screenshot-232.jpg

Screenshot-236.jpg

These pictures just about sum up the game.

The copious amount of "missing textures" just gets me.

Reactions: zel
Super Mario 64

So I've never actually beaten the Og Mario 64 ( I have beaten 64DS thousands of times )
So I decided to finish it on 3D all stars but I started a new file
I was going for 100%
I stopped for a while but now I've gotten back to it
I have 99 stars

Neo: The World Ends With You

I'm so glad they put out a demo for this game, otherwise I probably wouldn't have tried it. I wasn't a big fan of the art style at first, and the game has some performance issues on Switch, but other than that I'm loving it. The characters are all great, the story is okay so far, and the combat system is fun and engaging. I highly recommend trying out the demo.

Super Paper Mario

Despite this being my FGOAT, this afternoon was only the second time I've fully beaten the Flipside 100 Trials including Wracktail, and my first on Dolphin, it was pretty nice to have cleaner graphics and also I got a new Xbox 360 Controller today because my old one broke and it was so nice to have a shiny new one (my old controller hadn't been in very good shape). I actually found it kind of hard because I was somewhat low level and didn't bring that many healing items. I'll probably do the Flopside pit on the same save file at some point soon.

Likewise, I've only beaten TTYD's pit once as described in this post.

Just picked up Super Mario Odyssey, and I'm really enjoying it of course. The gameplay feels easier, but I don't mind because I like playing games for the story and experience anyways.

The Sims 4
08-03-21_11-53-16 PM.png

I made Rey piss herself because why the hell not.

08-04-21_12-42-14 AM.png

A normal day at work where the police chief in the back does normal things.

08-04-21_1-41-16 AM.png

Some NPC dies of anger.

08-04-21_2-09-57 AM.png

08-04-21_2-46-04 AM.png

With Cottage Living recently released, of course I put the chicken coop in the underground lava hellhole.

Super Mario 3D World

Just beat Champions' Road for the first time. I haven't actually beaten the game 100%, I think I'd posted a long time ago on this forum that I was going to do so, but I gave up because I found it too annoying (not nearly as annoying as beating SPM to 100%, but that was my FGOAT and I didn't have as much else to do back then)

So since I hacked my Wii U earlier this year, I downloaded a 100%ed save file and beat this challenge using Peach. It's definitely harder than 3D Land's 8-crown, and honestly I find it really hard to choose between this, Darker Side from SMO, and The Perfect Run from SMG2 as to which is the hardest secret final level in 3d mario

First section was pretty easy, second was quite easy too you can just run behind the fire bros, the charging chuck section was largely easy but occasionally I'd accidentally fall through the rungs in the floor, the beat block section was very hard as a single bad timing and you instantly fall, the magikoopa section was really easy because the floor replenishes itself and doesn't fall that fast anyway, the magikoopas are quite slow with their teleporting and the fire bars are only an issue near the corners. The spike bar swinging section is quite hard because you have to multitask between the shifting platforms and the bars. The section where you wall jump with the spike had ants was for a long time the furthest I got, but then on one run I decided to pull out my cat suit at this point and incidentally that very run where I first used my cat suit was my successful run. With the cat suit I easily got past them (previously I'd found it really hard because there's no way to get past them without getting close to them, and their hitboxes are so whacky it's very hard to predict whether or not you'll take damage), the pirahna vertical jump section was quite easy albeit I did take one damage, the water section was pretty easy but with a close call at the end, and the dash section was a little scary but not really hard (Peach's floating ability helped a great deal) and again I beat that on my first try.

So yeah pretty fun challenge, recommend giving this ago if you have the game

Super Mario Maker 2 (first time)

It's coming up to 2 months that I've had a nintendo switch and this is only my second game for the system, not including demos, and it's a lot of fun. I don't have an NSO subscription at this time but it was interesting to play around with the new tools. The first mario maker, considering it was the first maker game, did pretty well to include a great range of features but SMM2 makes it even more awesome. I think it's pretty cool that now, you have many options for building levels (touchscreen only handheld, touchscreen and buttons handheld, joycons, pretty sure you can do 2 player level maker now, and pro controller which is the only one I've tried so far) but I definitely get what some people, such as Ceave, mean when they say the maker interface isn't as good as that of its predecessor, and has some questionable decisions like making both joysticks do the same thing. The story mode is quite a lot of fun too, it's certainly more interesting than another run of the mill 2d mario, and i believe it has enough levels to be a 2d mario game in its own right, and thank god that unlike SMM1 the plot is not rescue peach from bowser - the undo dog wrecked peach's castle, now rebuild it.

Garry's Mod

gm_farside0000.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Crusade
EtAjuz1WMAAsG9X.jpg

WAIT A MINUTE IS THAT GENO-

the assortment of jojo characters are so random, only having 1 part 2 character being kars, main antagonist, 4 part 3 characters being jotaro oldseph iggy and that one dude that was possessed by the sword of anubis like???? and then josuke.

cant believe kakyoin isnt here, or youngseph, oR DIO?!?! LIKE LMAO

also windows fucking 10 is a fighter bruh

Super Mario Bros. 3 (first time)

Gave this a try today on my Switch as I'm on my free trial of switch online right now, it's a lot better than SMB1, SMB2, or the Lost Levels, mostly due to having better physics and not being as hard, but really I don't see anything special in this game and the main reason for all the hype around it is likely because of how good people found it back then. I'd still easily place this below all members of the NSMB series except NSLU and can't see any advantages it has over them, other than maybe the music. Probably my second favourite pre-NSMB 2D Mario so far after Super Mario Land 2 (that game felt more unique with its levels and enemies and was the debut of Wario, with him overtaking Mario's castle instead of saving Peach from Bowser)

Back