What game did you last play?!?!?!?

started my third mario odyssey playthrough! my aims is to get a pic of every kingdoms state, and also collect as much of regional coins and moons as i can before leaving the kingdom. got all regional coins in fossil falls first try as well as the moons (without any hints even just on my own) and did a buncha stuff in sand!

unforchunately my left stick is actually awful and like
me on discord said:
Here's How A Simple Controller Issue Can Make Literally Just Teleporting To A Checkpoint Tougher Than Darker Side
jaxi also kept steering to the left into the void and talking to npcs is way harder than it needs to be for a simple button press...... weirdly enough the drifting affected my movement the least so i can manage. i can take it.

Pokemon Diamond Version

I really hate when I'm in a cave and they make me do a bicycle puzzle but the encounters keep interupting my bicycle speed and so I have to bike back and when I get back up to speed I get hit with another encounter but I have no Repels so i'm just FUCKED and have to deal with it anyway this is me saying fuck Wayward Cave. I don't recommend using Blissey or Hippowdon in DP, not that they're bad pokemon but they make every turn take twice as long.
Imation [Empoleon] Lv43
Haoni [Murkrow] Lv43
Pulsar [Bronzong] Lv43
Petrosis [Blissey] Lv43
Acacia [Toxicroak] Lv43
Carotino [Hippowdon] Lv43

Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX

A fully Copen focused game was an amazing idea and I hope they continue this sub-series and add like Blade as a seperate character that can also go mach speed through every level but maybe instead of tagging and shooting she can just tear through enemies. The final boss took me a good 12 or so attempts, almost every attack just goes through Prevasion so I couldn't use that as a crutch but that's a really good callback to the original GV1 that also did the same thing, because both games have the same final boss, this one is just 100 years older and big and spooky.

Pokemon X Version

Rock Smash battles were a mistake, Shuckle at 5% was a mistake, Pokemon X was a mistake. But my character looking nice so I forgive. Ponytail. Why is the ice city not like, next to the snow areas when there's literally nothing around this town that is snowy. It's such a weird choice, it's not like this gym was particlarly hard or different from another. Someone fucked up when dragging and dropping their completed towns. Speaking of dropping, frame drops everywhere. Game was prepared to crash when I got into a horde battle with Trevenants.
Rosten [Delphox] Lv50
Mitani [Charizard (MegaX)] Lv50
Hurley [Gogoat] Lv49
Lillex [Exploud] Lv50
Shranges [Aerodactyl (Mega)] Lv51
Heller [Golurk] Lv49
Altena [Carbink] Lv51
Bazzani [Clawitzer] Lv49
Desiré [Bisharp] Lv50
Diade [Noivern] Lv49

Azure Striker Gunvolt

I'm going back and probably going to attempt to S Rank each stage. Maybe I'll S+ Rank each one but that will be a lot of practice because I'm just so bad at fighting the bosses, but it could be doable with Cautious which lets me take two hits before I have to reset. At least I can say I got one S+ rank, on the 30 second boss fight that probably has nothing to do with score. I need to get the equipment created first before I start so I've got the Eye Equipment that will increase my Flashfield time so I can recharge less. I'm going to get the infinite Air Jump's equipment next, then the only real important one is the Lethal Lavaliere which just improves your score by 20%.

Super Paper Mario

I cannot believe it.

I made it through the Flopside Pit once again, and Shadoo made me fight dark clones of each of the four characters. I was fully convinced I was going to die (I used half my rations on this single stupid Dark Dayzee), but I just barely won, hanging on by a thread. I could literally hear my heart pounding when all was said and done. That was one heck of a battle. I don't have much use for it now but I guess I never have to worry about that flip timer again.

Thank goodness there are no more Pits of 100 Trials left for me to beat. I'm worn out.

What really annoys me about the pits is that by the time you get their rewards, you won't ever have much use for them ever again.

Like, um, yeah, I'd like to be able to indefinitely flip, I could use that somewhere, thank you. The fact that it even has a limit is also dumb tbh. Why would you want to limit how much time you spend in 3d, it's not like there's any drawbacks to just removing the limit right?

Azure Striker Gunvolt

I think I'll just go for S ranks for now, which are way easier since you can use Cautious and use checkpoints and still get it. 200k points is S rank, somewhere between 800k and 1.2k is S+ rank so the jump is huge but is basically made up by never cashing in and using Fearless because the multiplier will make up a majority of that.

I was able to clear 1st Sumeragi on Fearless and get S+ rank but that's also the easiest stage and it still took half an hour. Also I've done it before so I still had that experience with it even though it was 3 years ago. I need to really learn the boss patterns before I can even attempt S+ rank because I can learn the stage and get good at that but I'm terrible at dealing with some of the randomness and reaction time that is applied in boss fights. Also one of those fights is a bullet hell so lmao fuck that. I did realise at the end of Media Tower that the answer to dodging this undodgeable boss special move was just to fucking attack and use an offensive skill before he launches it. Honestly that boss is probably the easiest one for me, I've beat it flawless before.

The Sims 4
07-03-20_7-32-04 PM.png

He's delusionally talking to his book while someone burns to death next to a pile of smelly corpses in the background. Oh and there's a shower stall just out there in the open because why not.

Why would you want to limit how much time you spend in 3d, it's not like there's any drawbacks to just removing the limit right?
just gonna say it now, you can use a gecko code to get rid of it. also apparently you can use a memory editing thing so it never runs down. the reason it was implemented in the first place is as a mild punishment for overusing the 3d ability so players don't just see hidden things instantly or skip enemies all the time. i think it's kinda fair, personally i usually ignore it as it's such a mild penalty and it's an easy game in the end, although i can understand other players being frustrated over it

A Hat in Time (Nintendo Switch) - Tackling the DLC.

Fobia (Nintendo Switch) - Bought it on a whim, really wasn't that fun. Finished it in a single sitting.

Ride to Hell Retribution

I dread every bike section that comes up! And is there a single woman in this game that's written as more than just a tool to bang every time you kill someone?!

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Most of what I have to say I'd consider spoiler, so

I got to the bit where you escape the monster and get the two cobalt star shards back from Baby Bowser, and you give back the drawing to Professor E. Gadd and he says it's Peach trying to fight Princess Shroob with the Cobalt Star but he knows this failed since the Cobalt Star got shattered. I think the game is trying to hide from me that there are two Shroob princesses, and that one of them was frozen by Peach or sth (I don't know), and the other froze Peach (again not sure on the details) and took over lead. But I know all that cause I am partially spoiled on this game's plot (my own fault tbh, one time long before I played the game I was on Mario Wiki and couldn't resist)

Minecraft

Well I did two things:

1. I continued a hardcore speedrun in which I had had insane luck, I was playing on Friday (as I was playing LEGO Indiana Jones 2 on Saturday) and I'd had an amazing spawn full of wood and food, found a cave with basically a full stack of iron, 10 gold, and 8 diamonds, I had a village near a forest for easy ender pearls and I spawned in the Nether right next to the fortress. I got into the end with full Prot 1 iron armour, a Sharp 1 diamond sword, a Power 1 Bow, over 100 arrows, a water bucket, about 30 hay bales, plenty of cooked meat, 7 ender pearls, 3 8 min speed potions, and 3 strength 2 potions. And.... I lost. So basically what I was trying to do was I was going to swim up and get on top of a pillar so I could shoot some of the taller ones, but then the dragon shot acid at me, and it was dealing a ton of damage so I knew I had to get out right now, so my first thought was to jump down and land in the water below, so I did, but just as I was falling I noticed something I hadn't before: the pillar was next to a small mound of Endstone, which affects how the water flows, so there wasn't water where I thought it was and.... I didn't react in time. Game Over.

Well yesterday, I wasn't really playing Minecraft but I found out that if I change all shader settings to absolutely maximise performance, I can get an fps which is actually kinda decent whilst using Mr. Meep's Shaders, so I started a new hardcore speedrun but it kept crashing and losing a few minutes work so I went on the hypixel server and played some bedwars. It looked pretty great!

Last edited:
New Super Mario Bros.

Since I won't be getting my 3DS for a couple weeks, I decided to start on a game I really should have played by now: the original NSMB for DS! I've played all three of the sequels to 100% before, so it really is about time I try out the original.

I beat World 1, and...can I just say that I really like the soundtrack? The one from NSMBWii onward is alright, but there's really something special about the DS one. The tower theme has this creepy vibe to it, and I've praised the castle theme enough by now. Anyway disregarding the fact that this looks ugly as heck on Wii U VC, it's a pretty fun game, and I look forward to playing more.

New Super Mario Bros.

Since my last post, I've completed worlds 1 through 4 with all Star Coins and Secret Goals. The infrequent save points have served as a reminder of how dated the NSMB formula is, even in the newest installments...thank goodness for the star coin signs though because they save your game after use. Also I noticed that the game reused a lot of sound effects from Mario 64 DS, which is particularly jarring with the invincibility theme because it ends very abruptly in this game.

Oh yeah, Balloon Boos are an earsore and one of the most obnoxious Mario enemies ever because of it. Might even hate them more than SPM's Cursyas.

New Super Mario Bros.

I have now beaten the final castle and rescued Princess Peach...right? No...you're still running off with her, Junior? Welp, looks like I've only beaten half of World 8, and there are no save points left until the tower either.

The bright side? I've collected every Star Coin and Secret Goal thus far, so I should be reaching 100% soon! Just six more levels...

The Sims 4
07-13-20_10-27-28_PM.png

Nothing like telling jokes to a bunch of tiny cars as your audience.

Minecraft (Java Edition 1.8.9)

oh my god what a failure these last two sessions on my "Easy Survival" world have been.

so basically my plan is to make an iron farm and i spent ages trying to get a decent seed that had a village near spawn, finally i got one but it only had three villagers. so i protected them best as i good, one died because i pushed them by accident and they glitched into the wall and suffocated, the other died because i put them in a leaf prison to stop zombies from getting to them but overlooked a dirt block next to the cage which presumably allowed a zombie to get in and kill them (i didn't see it happen but presumed that this is how it went down)

so i need to cure a zombie villager to make this work, cause you need to breed them, so i went to the nether and got 2 blaze rods and a bunch of nether wart and then i started killing zombie pigmen cause i wanted gold, and that was going well, but i saw a few near a ledge so i tried making staircase so they could climb up and i could kill them without being so close but then, idk how but somehow i was like hit from a pigmen, i'm pretty sure they shouldn't have been able to from that distance/angle/with a block kinda in the way but anyway that went down and i fell in the lava and died, instantly losing 3 diamonds, diamond horse armour, my full set of iron stuff with 30+ ingots in the inventory, and about 9 gold. so that sucked. but i got back to the nether and got another blaze rod, which is all i need for the brewing stand, and then i went out and started looking for a zombie villager. i found one near the end of the night but i was running low on food (and blocks) so i tried just mining dirt and trying to build a cage but the zombies kept punching me as i was trying to collect dirt and i couldn't sprint or heal from low hunger. i finally managed to get the zombie villager in a cage before one of the zombies jumped up and punched me and i died again. i can go back, but i didn't manage to get a roof on it, so the zombie villager would most likely just burn to death before i could do anything. :(

Super Mario 3D Land

So naturally the first game I play on my new 3DS is its flagship Mario game. The "super stable 3D" feature on the new models works really well. The game's still a joy to play; I started a new save and played through World 1, and was surprised by how well-hidden some of those Star Medals were.

Feels good to be playing 3DS games again.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.
We're at Old Clockworks, today we played fetch with the pupper. Greenie got a force field, that was neat, didn't stand a chance to Luigi's Super Whatever That Vacuums Called Maxed Out.

Skullgirls.
Grinding exp for my Bronze Fighters at Who's The Boss Basic Downtown, getting them all to level 30 in preperation to evolve them, one per day. Today I got Bad Hair Day Filia to 30.

Earthbound.
I started over, my first run was too sloppy, I don't blame myself, the game doesn't exactly come with a guide. My 2nd run I'm going much more organized with my items and stats. I made word-sheets to jot down notes of enemies and my team, since it expects me to either do that or memorize everything. Today we stormed the arcade and beat up the Sharks, Frank, and his robot.
I learned all but Skater Punk of the Sharks can be hypnotized to sleep. Idk about Frank, but his robot isn't alive so hypnotize failed on that.

Super Mario 3D Land

So naturally the first game I play on my new 3DS is its flagship Mario game. The "super stable 3D" feature on the new models works really well. The game's still a joy to play; I started a new save and played through World 1, and was surprised by how well-hidden some of those Star Medals were.

Feels good to be playing 3DS games again.
hey glad you got that, have fun with it

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

So yeah, I've had a copy of this game since March 2019 but haven't been able to play it. Until now. Started a new save and played to the part where you restore Bowser's flame. Bowser's a very neat addition to the game, and the Bros are as fun as ever.

Also started on Bowser Jr.'s Journey, and played all stages in Bowser's Castle (East). It's pretty much Minion Quest from the Superstar Saga remake, but with several changes for the better. It's pretty fun.

EDIT: I've now beaten the first giant boss in the game, and made it to the equivalent part of the story in Bowser Jr.'s Journey. So far this game really has lived up to expectations, and I'm excited to see what the game throws at me next!

Last edited:
Tower Unite

Hooked onto this game.

Minecraft (Windows 10 Edition)

well i just messed around on servers and getting probably more stressed than i should be over a video game. so...

Minecraft (Xbox 360 Edition)

back when i first owned Minecraft, this was the only edition i had and further to that, even though it was 2015, my family weren't successful in setting me up an xbox live account (i have one now but have not used it with my xbox 360) so i never downloaded the updates and was stuck in tu11 (the disc came out when tu11 was latest so those are in the game if you own the disc version no matter what) for about 6 months before my elder brother using his account downloaded the updates, idk what version exactly it was called but it corresponded to Java 1.8.9. imagine getting the jungle/iron golem update, village trading, the spooky update, the redstone update, the horse update, the world change update, and the bountiful update all in one afternoon.

i learned from ibxtoycat - one of my favourite YouTubers - how to revert to tu11 if you own the disc based version of minecraft xbox 360 so i tried it for the first time this afternoon and damn how nostalgic it was. like even just minecraft in itself is a game that i feel nostalgia for, despite the fact that i still play it very frequently, but playing not only the xbox 360 edition which for both ibxtoycat and i was what really got us into the game, but in fact the version of xbox 360 edition before all that stuff (as cool as they are) when minecraft was a simpler time and when i'd play and love this game no matter how extremely restricted it was compared to what i have access to now. doing that made me a lot happier than winning any game of bedwars ever could

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

I did it

I got past Spooky Trails

The boss of the area is a lot easier once you've learnt where and when the lights are going to appear during the battle.

Reactions: zel
yea the toughest part for me was actually knowing whta the hell do i do and i ahd to ask on discord lmao but besides that. pretty sure half my team died leaving just mario (i think. i cant tell from discord logs) to finish phantom off. needless to say i kinda sorta got my ass kicked a lot here

any way on the topic of the thread i just played mario odyssey earlier. just got done with the main kingdoms via paintings and i have pretty much all moons on there.. now i just hafta finish lost, ruined kingdom and all the moon ones (and the hardest challenge of all, Beach Volleyball: Hero of the Beach!) and my third playthrough will be 100% completed!
interesting note is that if you try to get every moon possible before completing the game. after that you can actually complete the kingdoms in the postgame with such alarming pace its actually really fun
and i got this
IMG_20200719_201408.jpg
my sense of humor... so immature

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Just beat the third giant boss, so I'm pretty far along now. I heard this boss was painful in the DS version of the game due to the required use of the microphone to blow fire, but it's all touch-based in the 3DS version so I didn't really have anything to worry about. And I feel I've definitely played enough to say that this game is every bit as good as Dream Team, if not even better...then again, I'd probably have to go replay the latter to be sure.

Additionally, in Bowser Jr.'s Journey, I've played through the final quest in Blubble Lake, where Junior and co watch Bowser battle the second giant boss. There don't seem to be many quests left here either, though. It ain't over yet though...can't wait to see how this all ends.

Mario Party 8

Also played this with my siblings lately...specifically, we completed a 50-turn game on Koopa's Tycoon Town in one sitting. It was our first-ever 50-turn Mario Party despite owning the game for ten years...and we learned something: don't ever do it. Ever. (Oh yeah, did you know that if you invest 100 coins into a single hotel, you fully own the place and no one can take it from you? I found that really interesting). Oh yeah, and since you're probably wondering, I finished second with 10 stars and 26 coins, just 9 coins behind Luigi.

Oh yeah it's probably also worth mentioning that I ordered Mario Party DS and it's on its way, so we'll have another traditional-style Mario Party to try out. Looking forward to it!

Back