What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Cleared Chapter 7. General White is still a pain but it was a pretty epic chapter after that. Also made final preparations for the Pit of 100 Trials, and I'll be attempting that the next time I play.

Oh yeah, and I also read Lumpy's journal. I appreciated the references to the first game in his story.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Attempted the pit twice since my last post. I made it to level 92 on my first attempt and 97 on my second. It's pretty brutal making it so far only to die, but hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow. Oh yeah, and the pit is really good for coin and level grinding, I even got 100 Star Points in a single battle near the end.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

(Oof, glad to still be able to play this to take a break from TTYD)

Anyway I beat chapter 15 and its 1 AS boss. Cool stuff, really. Nothing else to it, except that I really like the map design post-timeskip.

The Sims 4
06-13-20_4-40-23 PM.png

Good thing this new Eco Lifestyle DLC introduced firefighters that can dance with me to this sweet music as a fire rages and kills in the background instead of extinguishing them.

06-13-20_3-52-39 PM.png

Oh and this bathroom has all the important necessities to ensure that Sims have a comfortable life.

been a while since i posted in this thread

Fire Emblem Three Houses

so i know that right now im getting close to the timeskip. I finished the woods map where you fight kronya and solon (also where byleth goes supersaiyan), and rn im preparing as much as possible before the timeskip. I managed to recruit ignatz and felix, and i even recruited ingrid a while back. funny thing is, every unit i recruit from another house is stronger than any of my regular units, even stronger than edelgard, which is saying something. So yeah things are gonna get wild next time i play

Super Paper Mario

And my Paper Mario journey goes onward into its third leg...complete with 15-minute introductory cutscenes, really awkward jump physics, and a Mario game that feels very much un-Mario. The three nagging issues that really marred my first experience with the game. But I remember I enjoyed it a lot more towards the end, so I'm sticking with it. Even if Chapter 2 is going to be a pain.

EDIT: Beat Chapter 2. I hate 2-3 with a passion but I guess it was alright aside from that. Also I'm fully convinced that the "which Merlee" question is rigged because I swear I chose the other Merlee last summer and I got it wrong both times

Last edited:
While I was away from here, I actually got Yoshi's Crafted World and I completed it.
I haven't fully completed it because of the boss challenges, but I have gotten every craft and sprout.
It was a quite good game, with very creative levels, but I could see some people getting annoyed by the crafts.
The costumes were really cool and the style, while used in other games before, was great.
The lowest point of the game though, is the music, because it's all just the same annoying noises and not as good as other Yoshi games.
The game is still good, so I'm still fine with it either way.

Super Paper Mario

Beat Chapter 3, and man...this is still the best chapter in the game by a long shot. Francis is easily the best OC in the game, and Bowser is gloriously overpowered and fun to play. Also love seeing Bowser hate on all the villains, after all, he's the only one that matters!

Also I enjoyed walking straight over the SMB 1-2 replica into the warp zone...and was then disappointed when I didn't go to World 4.

Chapter 3 is the greatest alright, but the castle's pretty barren. Actually the whole game feels sort of barren with the enemies. Also the fight with Francisco is easy, even if the dating sim is enough to compensate.

But maid cat robot enemies is so amazing. There's also a Hatsune Miku poster somewhere in there wtf. I still want to read Cyborg Wart too.

I'm starting my 7th 3DS Mario title,
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon today.
Excited!

Fun opinion: E.Gadd should be playable in party and sports games.

Super Mario 64

Funny I only loaded the game up to try out this in-development N64 emulator for the New 3DS I found in a video and I ended up playing for about an hour or so.

Game actually runs pretty decently on this still early emulator too. Outside of some framerate issues on the title screen and occasional minor graphical bugs (text is sometimes shaded weirdly and the whole 'portrait of Peach that becomes a portrait of Bowser' doesn't work), game runs at a nice 30 fps.

Does feel a bit weird to be playing the original version of Mario 64 on my 3DS and not the lesser but still decent DS version tho!

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

started this game last night and it's amazing, i don't think it will beat BIS as i do have a lot of nostaliga for that game, but it might beat SSS, but i'll have to beat it to any% before i'm sure. i like the story, and whilst i do usually prioritise having new characters and all i like what they did with the baby characters and a younger toadsworth. and the shroob thing feels hella dark. gameplay is interesting too with the babies. graphics feel a lot like BIS which is nice and the music is cool too. so is it my favourite M&L not at all but do i like it, yes, very much.

The Sims 4

TS4_x64 2020-06-21 19-26-21.png

The constant lightning strikes and depriving you of your needs is just my way of saying "You're my favorite Sim" to you.

Last edited:
Super Paper Mario

Beat Chapter 5. Not as good as chapters 3 and 4, especially in terms of level design, but it was still fairly enjoyable. Wish I could say the same about the next two chapters...

Also abused the Amazy Dayzee in 5-2 to coin grind and build all the pipes in Flipside and Flopside.

The Sims 4

TS4_x64 2020-06-22 17-48-04.png

The only game where you can kill someone next to their very own death urn thanks to an earlier death.

Hey Raymond Travkin, do you like being killed over and over again?

TS4_x64 2020-06-22 18-07-11.png

Yeah, he's fine with it.

Assassin's Creed 2 is great, but I can't take the characters seriously when they speak English with an Italian accent. Sword combat also feels clunky and I like to just mash the attack button with those hidden dual blades.

The Sims 4

TS4_x64 2020-06-22 21-58-09.png

TS4_x64 2020-06-22 22-34-41.png

TS4_x64 2020-06-22 22-34-41.png

These guys probably all saw how much deaths Raymond Travkin was racking up and decided to compete against him.

(Though to be fair for the Recaredo, I deliberately humiliated him to death and wrecked his love life by making Wario flirt with his spouse. Even though Recaredo blatantly rejected the flirts, it still caused his spouse to get pissed at him. The other two guys, I didn't kill them, they killed themselves by trying to repair electronics while electrocuted. Sometimes, Sims really do want to kill themselves lol.)

Super Paper Mario

Beat Chapter 6...er, I mean I played through it until the game threw me out. My experience from last summer was enough for me to know that actually completing this chapter is the most difficult challenge in the entire game. But this is definitely where the story really picks up, even if those empty squares in the chapter menu still pester me to this day.

Super Paper Mario

Beat Chapter 7. ...And it was unspeakably horrible, with what is easily the worst level design Mario has ever seen, period. Don't get me wrong, I love mythology, but couldn't this chapter have actually been decent? Why can't this game decide whether it wants to be genuinely brilliant or unthinkably abominable? Make up your mind!

Also, Luvbi still sucks. Once again I was still laughing maniacally during what's supposed to be a sad scene involving her. I hate her guts and that's exactly what the game intended, so why do they expect you to feel bad for her? Whatever, at least now she's gone...until postgame when the worst of this game's writing comes out and she's inexplicably back again. Ugh.

Back