What game did you last play?!?!?!?

@Luma They all have the same basic gameplay loop; create party, enter dungeon, clear floors while mapping and doing bar quests, beat the area boss, continue to next set of floors. Generally if you enjoyed one Etrian game then all the others are worth playing because they are more or less very similar to each other. You can play whatever one looks interesting but Untold 1, Untold 2 or V are the ones I'd personally recommend first. Nexus is good but the amount of content can be overwhelming for a new player, especially with 19 classes to choose from and double the amount of area to explore.

1 and 2 have remakes (Untold 1 and Untold 2) that each have a story mode, 3 is on the DS but is really unique, 4 is more like a normal JRPG, 5 is a solid EO reboot and Nexus is like the last hurrah of Etrian before the 3DS was finally dead.

Untold 1 and Untold 2 both have pre-made parties as well if the party creation aspect is daunting, I started with those two and they helped me get more comfortable with the series gameplay.

Zoo Tycoon with all expansions

After I seeing this very hilarious video

I had a giant nostalgia rush for the game and decided to play it again, this time through the campaign mode (as a child, I just messed around in free form mode with max money). The game's addicting and just as fun as I remember it.

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

I unlocked subclasses not long after the last post, looking at what my choices were for this party it looks like I'm gonna play it safe and mostly go for passives to improve the base class except Arcanist who I'm giving more options to because they often end up having a lot of downtime. Highlander and Arcanist gained some heal passives for the party, Hero and War Magus gained some defensive passives so they can survive up front and Zodiac gained some niche damage passives that won't be useful except when ailments are up.

party is;
Highlander (sub/Hero); Pathfinder
Hero (sub/Highlander); Vanguard
War Magus (sub/Harbinger); Dead Apostle
Arcanist (sub/Sovereign); Mystic
Zodiac (sub/Nightseeker); Stargazer

I beat the Undersea Grotto boss pretty easily, I used Clearance from the Sovereign subclass to stop it from doing its evasion bullshit and then nuked it down quick enough that it would only do it sparingly, and even then I mainly attempted to bind the head to make sure it wouldn't. I also managed to bind the arms even though it had resistance so that basically nullified its offense for the first half of the fight. I went pretty balls to the wall on TP usage since a dead enemy can't hurt you.

Last edited:
I got distracted from Three Houses and am now obsessively playing Breath of the Wild again. It's all I've played for three days, been doing the Divine Beasts (cause I apparently never finished the game on Switch, only on Wii U).

Rayman Origins

Dunno, I felt a nostalgia rush through me since the last time I played it was a while ago. It is, after all, well over 8 years old now, so maybe that's why I had nostalgia, though the levels are accessible in the Legends game (not all of them). I really love the game. It can be repetitive that if you clear a level, you have to do a speed run variant of it, but it doesn't bother me.

There's a huge lack of Rayman alts in the game, so I used the Rayman one most of the time, which is my favorite. I do enjoy using the pink Princess Teensy though, there's quite some satisfaction rescuing trapped creatures and boob fairies as a princess.

Nothing was too challenging so far, though one point at the second world, I kept getting killed trying to get a Skull Coin that was underneath some spikes and with alternating winds. Also, it took me more tries than most levels in the Speed Run challenge in Piping Hot level in Ice/Fire World.

Excellent game, think I still enjoy this more than most Mario platformers.

Minecraft

1. Go to mine Quartz
2. die.
3. Attempt to go back and use lava to avoid fall damage, it doesn't work.
4. die.
5. Remember I made fire resistance potions a while back and use them to fall into the lava and reduce fall damage.
6. Don't die, and get the stuff I lost back.

and that's how I got my items back from the Nether.

Also, it took me more tries than most levels in the Speed Run challenge in Piping Hot level in Ice/Fire World.
wow so it wasnt just me huh. halfway throuygh trying to beat it again recently i was legit wondering how i managed to beat it in the first place!
anyway last game i played was rayman legends actually. nothing much im still utterly addicted to challenges

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

I beat up Mr. Krabs again.

wow so it wasnt just me huh. halfway throuygh trying to beat it again recently i was legit wondering how i managed to beat it in the first place!
anyway last game i played was rayman legends actually. nothing much im still utterly addicted to challenges
Most of the time, Rayman inflating and then exploding was just because he got hit and then got combo'd to death by hot grills on the bottom. Also, some badly placed enemies that shoot fire at you before you can see them, they're not nice (though midway in the level, there's a nice heart inside a jug, so I tend to just kill them.

I did clear the level though, getting the trophy wasn't too hard for me.

just started a new playtthrough of harry potter and the chamber of secrets. i still love the game to death. i LOVE the voice acting in the russian version too!
i even learned a bunch of new stuff about the game as well which is pretty epic

Luigi's Mansion 3

Made it to King Boo. I've caught all 16 Boos and am working towards all 102 gems. I want to do as much as possible before fighting King Boo (just in case the game instantly deletes my save file afterwards like LM1...)

The cutscene after Mario is rescued will forever be one of my favorite Mario/Luigi interactions ever. "Come on, this way!" "No no no no, this way!"

Testing out my new phone and tried a random anime action rpg Dawn Break. The game seems to be like Wii U/3DS tier graphics and ran with no problems. :)

Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch) -- Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

Sorceress defeated and 116/150 Eggs acquired, going back to grab what I missed before moving onto Spyro 1.

Last edited:
Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Finally got this game.

Chose the Blue Lions house. Didn't even have time to play an actual map besides the prologue but so far this is promising. Looking forward to continue playing, most likely next week.

Zoo Tycoon (first one)

Cleaned up Burkitsville Zoo and turned into an Asian-themed park.

Kirby's Dream Land 3

Finally decided to go back and try for the last 3% of the game, bringing me up to 100%. The Boss Endurance was hard but not the hardest one I've done in a Kirby game. My brother and I were taking turns to see who could beat it first. (I won, of course; my brother never made it past Adeleine). Then there was MG-5 and Jumping, which were both frustratingly unfun and tedious.

Whenever I get around to replaying this in the future, I think I'll just be content with 97%.

Rayman Origins

Just 100% first half of the game, got the speed run trophies, got the lum medals for all levels. I still remember getting all lums for the trophy in the final stage of Mystical Pique to be pretty challenging. Also exploded a bit in that chase of the mountain fairy because the Skull Coin was in a spot where you have to hit that blue trampoline correctly or else thorns cover it (and if you're too slow, thorns surround you and you explode.

Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch) -- Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

147/150 eggs acquired, 15000/15000 gems total. two of the remaining three eggs are acquired from winning races in the Honey Speedway and Harbor speedway respectively. The very last egg can be acquired from the Super Bonus Round but I can only access that when I have 149 eggs.

Back