What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

The boss fight against the Berserker King went about as well as I'd expect, having a War Magus to remove its strength buff helped a lot. Having no weakness to elements made my Zodiac and Highlander do less damage overall so I was pretty close to running out of TP. Unfortunately I was already spoiled on the surprise second boss fight but they let you heal and save before it. The Cernunnos fight was easier because of its Volt weakness, it hit harder and had a counter that I completely forgot about that wiped 2 of my front line but Paralysis landed twice and I had Shock Oils so when I was using normal attacks to conserve TP they were doing pretty good damage still.

Front Line:
Highlander; Curruid - Long Thrust for TP conservation, Spear Assist in tandem with Zodiac star skills.
Hero; Risa - Mirage Sword for Afterimages, Physical Guard when HP was low and Bravery Wide to off the reinforcements.
War Magus; Alia - Guard Slash and Strength Slash spam, didn't worry about healing since passives had it covered.
Back Line:
Arcanist; Hiromi - Nerve Circle and defending/items. Force Boost and Dismiss Heal if I really needed it.
Zodiac; Camellia - Etheric Charge -> Volt star, I made sure to upgrade Charge to Lv3 so that it'd be a x2 damage boost and I'd be saving 5 tp each two turns since tp burnout was my main problem with Zodiac thus far.

Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels (Wii)

This game is unforgiving. That one word perfectly describes this game in a nutshell. As such, unlike in my original run through SMB1, I'm gonna use warp zones. I warped from World 1 to World 4, and that is where I currently stand at the moment. I'm gonna try to get at least one star on the title screen before I move on to SMB3...but I bet that even with warp zones, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Nintendo Game Cube)

Last saved after defeating the Jump Guardian and getting the first Temple Key.

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

I feel like all my expectations on what to expect from an early dungeon are being flipped on its head. I wasn't expecting to be abducted into the final floor and unable to return to town, the biggest problem wasn't staying alive because of the free healing tent but my inventory was full really quick and I needed to get out and sell my spoils. It's nice that there seems to be npc's tied to each labyrinth, it gives each one its own little story.

I can go fight the boss now but I'm trying to update some of my armour. My Wyvern knowledge from the last few games tells me this boss will have a magic attack fully capable of ohko-ing a character so I might need to get some money for revives too. I do have a Highlander skill that boosts magic defense, I'll map out the area and save then see if that magic defense skill is worth its cost or if I still get one shotted. I don't have much confidence when it comes to the Wyvern. I'm nearly Lv20 so I could also just grind and unlock my next skill tree for it if I need to.

Ever Oasis (3DS Demo)

It's a pretty fun game, and I'll replay the demo a few more times before I consider buying the full game. The game itself is an Action RPG developed by Grezzo (who made the 3DS remakes for Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask) and helmed by Koichi Ishii (known for Final Fantasy and World of Mana, who also runs this company).

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

I was afraid of the Wyvern until I found out Burning Ray was replaced with Feather Tickle Attack. I got to Lv20 before fighting it just by exploring a bit so I was able to get some handy skills from the new trees. I can attribute most of my success in that boss battle to it being paralyzed for roughly 60% of the entire thing and getting good rng on said paralysis. My Arcanist usually just throws down its Circles and defends but if it ain't broke.

This game leans towards brutal random encounters over boss fights. I haven't wiped in a random encounter but I sure have reset the game when the first fight I get into results in 2-3 of my party members dead after the first turn. It's usually just certain enemy configurations but there was one in Labyrinth 3 that kicked my ass every time, the Rainbow Slime + 2 Coconut Tree killer combo. AoE Sleep -> Multi-Hit Coconuts x2 for massive damage, no mercy only coconuts.

Front Line:
Highlander; Curruid - Bloody Offense buff for the front, Spear Assist when Ice attacks exist that turn. Normal Attacks at 0TP.
Hero; Risa - Frigid Slash until an Afterimage appears, normal attack or Physical Shield once it appeared.
War Magus; Alia - Guard/Strength Slash right off the bat, and on the bat, always spamming this.
Back Line:
Arcanist; Hiromi - Nerve Circle then defend, Force Break to remove its resistance after paralysis wears off.
Zodiac; Camellia - Charge -> Ice Star, repeat infinitely.

Red Dead Redemption 2

a train hit my horse so i proceeded to start killing everyone on it but uh bounty hunters showed up and got me. my next plan of vengence is to find an engineer, tie him up, and then run him over with his own train. my horse will be avenged

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

I did a sub-dungeon that had a lot of FOE's that has AoE Instant Death attacks but had low accuracy. It wasn't intentional but the easiest way to deal with their puzzle rooms was just to fight them and 2-turn kill them because they were extremely weak to Ice and Paralysis. FOE's shouldn't go down that easily but I unintentionally got a shit ton of exp and money from just trying to progress. I don't have money problems anymore and I might be slightly over levelled.

The boss was the Golem who was an asshole not because he was hard but because he just spammed the same magic counter every turn which would always kill my Zodiac and Highlander. Hero could bypass the counter but I had to revive the other two numerous times. "He wouldn't dare use it a fourth time in a row" Golem used Reflection "fucking piece of shit"

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I wanted to test my new tv, good thing I did because I needed to change the settings around a bit to remove the input lag it had. Earlier in the day I had so many 3-stock reverse comebacks that made me feel real good about myself and I was riding that high until night where I got pooped on by everyone. I will always remember making the comeback at 110% with Ridley against a Plant with 3 stocks.

I was just playing with reflexes I didn't even know I had that morning compared to night where I was dropping my spaghetti all over the floor.

Singularity

Great game, love the concept of time manipulation on solving puzzles and killing things but the text really shouldn't be in faux Cyrillic, it's a nuisance trying to read some of the signs until you realize that it's actually gibberish and that it's supposed to just be Latin-ized Cyrillic characters.

After a few failed attempts, I beat the infamous Boost Guardian and got the Boost Ball back. The Inglets were honestly more of a nuisance than the the boss itself just because they kept getting in the way when I was trying to maneuver around the stage and dodge the Guardian's boost ball attack, but thankfully at least the last Save Station wasn't too far back so even if I died it wouldn't be that long of a trek to reach the boss again. (From what I've heard, the Spider Guardian isn't as generous in that regard so I better tread carefully when I reach it.)

--

Pokemon Rumble (Nintendo Wii)

First time experiencing this game outside of the demo version although I have played later entries in the series like Pokemon Rumble Blast and a little bit of Pokemon Rumble World beforehand. It's just as fun and addictive as the others although the main "story" is rather short and simple: Basically in a world of living toy Pokemon that still retain their ability to use moves and battle each other (but are unable to grow or level up from it) exists a tournament to determine who is the most powerful of the toy Pokemon. One day a lowly Rattata decides to sneak into the tournament through a gap between the gates but swiftly gets it's head handed to it in the Battle Royale just as quickly as it got in and is booted back out to the terminal before the gap between the gates close. (I guess it wasn't top percent enough.)

You then travel through six areas battling and befriending stronger Pokemon before challenging the tournament again, succeed and head to the B-rank tournament, travel through the same six areas again but with even stronger Pokemon to befriend this time, rinse and repeat until you reach the S-rank tournament where you eventually battle Mewtwo (who might I add, has a pretty sweet boss theme here) and become the champion of the Battle Royale. Roll credits.

Gotta say I felt a little bad for Rattata the moment I had to swap it out for a stronger 'mon, knowing that it was perpetually unable to grow stronger and that I was unlikely to use it again. :/

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

I attempted to defeat Fenrir early before tackling the last floor of Waterfall Wood but I can't seem to finish him off once he's down to his last 10% of health. My whole team falls apart the moment someone dies near the end, I can't revive them without dying and the debuffs on Fenrir have usually worn off by then. Those reinforcements are a fucking pain in the ass. I haven't upgraded my equipment since the last dungeon so that's probably making it harder than it needs to be. I do have some Bravant's but I don't want to waste them on this stupid dog.

Red Dead Redemption 2

so i did stop a train but i pussied out of trying to tie the driver up so i just shot him and made a run for it. got away successfully. also found this dude locked up in the basement of a gunsmith and being forced into some weird ass ageplay shit so i killed the owner and liberated him and then walked around town greeting everyone in sight to raise my karma or w/e. which was all cool and going good but then this one dude i greeted called me an asswipe so i blew his head. the law of course tried to arrest me for this but i resisted and killed 3 of them before getting shot to death myself

good game

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

Finished up the last floor of Waterfall Wood and killed Narmer, he doesn't run away when you fight him this time. It's a good thing that I've aimed to give my backline more DEF than MDF because that Earthquake attack brought my backline into critical health every time. I was a bit worried I'd fail at the end because I didn't expect the fight to last so long but it all worked out. I also retried Fenrir but fought the reinforcements on the map beforehand, if you can't bring them all down to low health simultaneously you'll just have an infinite swarm of wolves to fight but they do disappear from the map as a result and it makes Fenrir as easy as he was in prior games where no reinforcements even reach him before he is dead.

Front Line:
Highlander; Curruid - Bloody Offense or Long Thrust for off-turns and Spear Assist for Zodiac Star turns. Used Force Break early to restore TP.
Hero; Risa - Physical Shield against Earthquake, Magical Shield on a whim, Shock Spark to create Afterimages.
War Magus; Alia - Guard Slash and Strength Slash to apply debuffs but they would be removed when he dived. War Heal Line in emergencies and Displace that one time Highlander got confused. Used Force Break early when my whole team was hit with Blind.
Back Line:
Arcanist; Hiromi - Nerve Circle and Charm Eye most of the time, Dismiss Heal was required for a party heal after face-tanking Earthquake.
Zodiac; Camellia - Etheric Charge into Volt Star, diving would throw the timing out sometimes but it didn't change much.

Also I unlocked the Vampire ring, now I can give people red eyes and immortality.

I got lost for a bit in the Torvus Bog when I resumed from my previous save, I forgot what I was doing but I was in Hydrodynamo Station with no way to progress forward due to the water hindering Samus' movement and no way to open the purple hatch at the bottom so I decided to backtrack back to the Torvus temple thinking that maybe I might've missed some important dialogue from that Luminoth guy's hologram. Apparently I missed a missile upgrade that allows me to locks onto multiple targets at once which is needed for the purple hatches and decided to backtrack back to the Temple Grounds to go grab it.

I returned to the Torvus Bog afterwards and made my way back to the Hydrodynamo Station, spent about twenty minutes progressing through it only to die to the Alpha Blogg after obtaining the Gravity Boost and was promptly booted back to my last save. I am thankful that I at least had the common sense to save when I returned to Torvus Bog so I didn't lose the Seeker Missiles (or else I would've been a LOT more frustrated), but still a little annoyed that I'll have to go through the Hydrodynamo Station again.

Kirby Star Allies (Switch)

Played through Heroes in Another Dimension again and got 106 Friend Hearts, which was enough to qualify for the good ending. It's a fun mode and the challenge is welcome. It is a bit of a shame that you don't have the fun of switching Copy Abilities, but I guess that just adds to the challenge, right? Oh, and a shoutout to the overpowered Plasma ability for helping me defeat the Three Mage-Sisters without allies.

Dark Souls Remastered.
So I went into this painting world from Andor Londo. I was stuck there for FIVE hours. I finally got the skeletons that literally attack using a wheel and rolls at you for a while. Eats at your stamina or health because of the long roll and can kill you easily in groups of two or more. I beat them up and got to an optional boss, Crossbreed Priscilla. You don't need to beat her to get outta the infamous painting, I decided to take the hard route. I defeated her and got out of that painting. I will NEVER go in there again with the horrors I have seen inside. And the boss is hard and I fought a hell of a fight to get out.

Kirby's Adventure (Switch)

Finally dealt with the internet problems my Switch had lately, so I updated my NES Online app so I could play this! Haven't played too much yet, but I've already cleared Vegetable Valley. Whispy Woods was easy even back then, it seems. In fact, he was even easier than in the modern games! But I'm having a lot of fun with this game outside of teasing Whispy Woods. I plan to play a lot more soon, and play the Yoshi demo and Tetris 99.

Read Dead Redemption 2

doing the main story quests as i've been just dicking around now for far too long lol. broke the micah dude out of jail and now im on my way to blackwater to rescue some other dude from bounty hunters. would've rescued micah sooner if i'd known i'd be able to duel wield pistols after breakin him out.

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

I made some progress in the new shrine but I've stopped for a while because I have a cold and I can't imagine this game going well when I'm in a state where I get frustrated at everything so quickly. I think the sub-dungeons are meant to be tackled after clearing the main dungeon they appear with, the materials are much more valuable and the enemies are harder. I like the ladders gimmick.

Dragalia Lost

Valentines stuff, I'm glad it's just drops added to all the existing stuff so I can use this time to get the stuff I actually need for upgrades. They changed how ruins work so you can do any element on any day, expert rotates and is always up for weekends. I got V!Ezelith and a bunch of wyrmprints, I was kind of hoping for the skill prep wp but I'll take what I get. I don't really like playing healers so V!Hilde wasn't what I wanted. The dragon might have been nice but I just got Cerberus on a ticket a few days ago so I'm all full of fire dragons.

Kirby's Adventure (Switch)

I completed Ice Cream Island and Butter Building. Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright were...tougher than expected. I had to beat them with Wheel. I've also beaten every Arena and pressed every switch in the first three worlds.

Tetris 99 (Switch)

This game is quite fun...for a second. Then it gets evil. People from all over are attacking you, and these grey "garbage blocks" appear very quickly and are a pain to get rid of. I usually don't place very high; the best I've done is in 30th place, and I got really lucky that time. Whatever...hopefully I'll get better.

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

Well I wasn't wrong about getting frustrated but I've got nothing else to do so I've made more progress. I can't get the rare item from the chop points to spawn for the life of me, the rng on this thing is bullshit and I won't even get to keep it since it's for a quest. Same with the FOE I beat, it probably adds a great weapon to the shop but I gave it away for a quest. I beat up another kangaroo. At least I can rely on the kangaroo to always drop some good shit.

Dragalia Lost

I used up my wings for the first time in a while, I know they lowered the wing cost for Master IO to account for wings being the only thing used for co-op now but god damn it that was that best way to burn through them quickly and now it takes x1.5 as long. I realised I already had Sinoa so V!Ezelith is kind of redundant to have but I might as well upgrade her anyway to make up for the lack of actual Ezelith.

Fate/Grand Order

I cleared the story quests and the challenge quest. Raikou/Waver/Merlin is still the cheese combo, even though Raikou and Merlin both got ohko'd right at the end I had Herc and two taunters to finish it off so I wasn't in any danger of failing. The MHX Alter quest was goofy and cute, it's jarring how much better Bunbun's art got between the release of those two. Alter is top tier and X is questionable.

Tetris 99

I have played 5 rounds of this game, the first one played two days ago (but ended in a disconnect on my end). So, my first actual finished round ended in me getting 16th because I was not placing pieces properly, but for the next 2, I ended in 4th place probably because the remaining players were better. And then! On my next game, I got 1st! This is very surprising and welcomed, because I played it safer compared to the other rounds, even though it meant I didn't have many KOs, with only 2 direct and 2 assisted. What a great feeling to get 1st, and I am grateful to get this at least once. Here's proof:

DzfZZtiU0AA-idZ.jpg

Thank you for reading.

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

I beat the shrine boss, I tried for a while to get some sort of pre-battle edge but you can't. It applies ailments and makes them unremovable for a few turns. I bought all the good equipment from the shop beforehand so I could tank hits just fine and dish out lots. Right near the end it got paralyzed and I knew it's special drop was to kill it under paralysis so I went all out despite having my Hero blinded, fortunately if paralysis activates that turn then it can't dodge. Now I've got a piece of armour that's 75x more expensive than anything else in the shop and it's for a class I don't use.

Front Line:
Highlander; Curruid - Bloody Offense x2 then attack with Delayed Charge and Spear Assist. Long Thrust to hit the backline reinforcements.
Hero; Risa - Shields weren't working out so I just stuck with Mirage Sword for creating afterimages.
War Magus; Alia - Artery x3 during ailments for nice heals, War Revive when necessary and Guard/Strength Slash otherwise.
Back Line:
Arcanist; Hiromi - Nerve Circle and Charm Eye mostly, Dismiss Heal if necessary and Dismiss Blow near the end.
Zodiac; Camellia - Charge into Fire for the boss and Ice Star for the reinforcements. Should've used her buff but forgot.

Back