What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Midna said:
2-player (uncut) Mortal Kombat on a compilation Arcade Machine from 2006 (was the original version though)

related note, that machine also had all the bubble & puzzle bobble games (original japanese versions) but i didnt have enough Kroner left to play :(((

LN1 said:
Final Fantasy V
Beat the game again with a party just below Level 30. The final boss took me like 30 tries(estimating, but I know it took me a bunch) and a lot of items, but I did it with some pure classes and somewhat underlevelled. Even though Flare'd Chicken Knife(I can't resist the power, you see) procked its auto run attempt more times than I'd like a 25% chance, I still love just how game-breaking Magic Sword is. And of course I love the auto-Haste accessory; Haste in general is lovely in 5.
e3MNVq3.png
HqjeVUj.png
C0ARi12.png
rdvFjNJ.png

reminds me how my last playthrough i was level 40 due to grinding x-cast in that undead cave.

Never again.

LN1 said:
do you mean the one with lava where you fight the jupiter moon pigs? because man that's just the worst dungeon in the game imo.

nah its the one you access via submarine, it has a bunch of enemies that are labeled as unknown. They all die from requiem bard song i think it is.

LN1 said:
that was the one i was referring to, but apparently for some reason i kept thinking that phobos, nereid, and triton were names of moons. i'm still sure the bosses are pigs though. the dungeon is the one where you get meteor btw.

ah okay, most i remember is those skeleton things hanging from the ceilings, those are the ones that i fought most since they give the most job points.

never again.

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk

I finally got some time to play this game, I've been so exhausted lately. I only played about half an hour anyway. I actually ended up completely forgetting to go to Dry Valley while I was going to recruit Regina so there goes a couple of days.

I beat Fawful Express and died to the memories and didn't save

Virtue's Last Reward

I don't know what I think about this Nonary Game, Ambidextrous Edition yet. I haven't even played an Ambidex mini-game yet, so I don't know what the hell this is all about yet. All I know is that I enjoy solving puzzles knowing there's a large reward if I refuse to accept hints.

Garry's Mod

love playing on Half-Life 2 maps

Crypt of the NecroDancer

this rhythm-based dungeon crawler is perfect for anyone who likes rhythm games and dungeon crawling aka me
everything about this game is awesome

Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition

Recently beaten three Hyper levels (7 to 9), and they are pretty challenging given the smaller room for error they have.

On another note, I find the names for the characters funny when I looked at the digital manual. Before I know they are known as Hooligan Sisters, I refer to them as "criminal girls" after the game of the same name, even though I don't quite know what that game is about. There's also the Ugly Twitching Dog, which is the checkpoint.

Thanks for reading.

Crypt of the NecroDancer

this game has dancing mushrooms i am set for life

GBAToad said:
Crypt of the NecroDancer

this game has dancing mushrooms i am set for life

i have this on my wishlist due to being a necro sounding game, me not having the most experince with rhythem games, if any, but im an rpg fan, would you think this game would be easy for me to pick up?

the best i can compare it to is if Pokemon Mystery Dungeon married Binding of Isaac and their kid was raised by wolves that listened to techno or something

each run is randomly generated, so there's no telling what you'll get each time you play. i find the music to be the highlight of the game, but i probably wouldn't recommend it if you aren't the best with rhythm games. if you can hold a constant beat at various tempos then you'll be fine, there's no fancy rhythm heaven level shit, but there are times where the tempo will temporarily speed up or slow down, and plus there's the added stress of having to learn and predict enemy patterns while still maintaining that beat.

you will die a lot, it's not an easy game by any means. i wish there was a demo or something because that would probably be the best way to tell you whether its a game for you. maybe watch some gameplay on youtube if you haven't already.

in saying that, the character designs, style and music are absolutely tops. it is also really cheap right now so you've only got a few dollars to lose if you really don't like it

also i'm not sure what you mean specifically by 'necro-sounding game' but it does have skeletons and the story revolves around a woman whose soul is damned by a crazed warlock to dance for eternity as she searches for her lost father if that's any help

SSB4 3DS

Went online after getting internet again, and after my long hiatus even my fundamentals are rusty

how

Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest

maybe (lost in) thoughts (all alone) on pre chapter 19 stuff later

Chapter 19: "Stay back, I'll take on the whole army!" Effie said (wielding a Beast Killer as a General), and she wasn't wrong: Corrin paired up with her to massacre every enemy and the only action the other units saw was one of the four heals to Effie in the whole chapter.

Chapter 20 has an amazing concept (deepest strats) but the RNG continuing to ruin my would-be successful runs make it hard for me to like the map, I've been at it for like two days now, this is getting ridiculous

a lot of chapters that have made me reset usually just mean me doing the exact same thing as before because a unit died from an unlikely blow or dumb 2% critical and what I was doing would be fine otherwise, it's like they went back to the 1 RN system from the early instalments

besides that the gameplay is superb imo, the difficulty in a Classic Hard run is certainly there

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

I beat Doopliss, or did I? I got th crystal star but I'm playing as the shadow copy. Hijinx are insuing.

Yes, this is my first time getting to this portion. I been meaning to get back into this game. I kinda stopped playing around when I first got to Twilight Town, but now I'm back into it. I've never really played through this game so we'll see what awaits.

Back