What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk

Two hours in and I already have a full party of cute girls.
thumbup.gif

This game is pretty relaxing, it probably won't be real serious because Ayesha is the main character, maybe if Keith shows up frequently it might get serious. He seems like the only not-cute thing so far and he must be somewhat important. I also got a notebook out to keep track of what items I need to get for quests, which showed me how bad my handwriting has gotten in just half a year.

Seems unlikely that I'll get all the trophies in one go even though it's possible. I'll give it a shot though.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl

>near the end of a floor
>runs into a FOE
>tries to flee multiple times
> wipes out entire party before I succeed in that endeavor

mfw

(on an unrelated note, this game has pretty relaxing music)

Happy said:
>near the end of a floor
>runs into a FOE
i actually don't think I've ever unsuccessfully ran away from a FOE, I thought the success rate was increased significantly the moment one party member died, and was guaranteed after two deaths. Unless they killed everyone all at once.

I'm a little bit worried that I'm using up my time too much, I'm already four months in and I haven't done much other than complete all the early game areas. I think I already missed a trophy because I wasn't in the west during july/august for the contest, oh well. I guess my next move is to go visit Marion and find out what where to go next. Maybe try to raise my alchemy level a little bit.

Touhou 8

Even though this game is fucking hard (harder than Touhou 7 and 10, imo), I'm in love with it, especially Stage 4.

Hilda said:
Happy said:
>near the end of a floor
>runs into a FOE
i actually don't think I've ever unsuccessfully ran away from a FOE, I thought the success rate was increased significantly the moment one party member died, and was guaranteed after two deaths. Unless they killed everyone all at once.
I think it might've happened to me because one of my party members was already dead (or I just got really unlucky or something lol)

Happy said:
Hilda said:
Happy said:
>near the end of a floor
>runs into a FOE
I think it might've happened to me because one of my party members was already dead (or I just got really unlucky or something lol)
Maybe, I always revived my party members asap so I don't know how much that affects the odds of running away. I guess the only advice I can give is just to always have an ariadne thread so you can just bounce if you have no way avoid an encounter with FOE's out of your league.

Something I need to keep in mind is to synthesise everything because you never know when creating a fucking bomb is the trigger to continue the story. I basically wasted four months not knowing where to go lmao. I guess I completed a lot of requests ahead of time though. It's hard to stay mad at this game for the bomb thing when everything is so nice.

Contra

If you wanna see how the run went, here you go. I know i put it in my fan creations thread already but hey i need more promotion

Mario Kart 7

somehow forgot why I hadn't touched this game in like a year or two. then bam I won four out of seven races simply b/c of the item rng. see you next decade, Mario Kart

I wanted to play this for a couple more hours but I called in to work again. I managed to make it to Hornheim, I don't have a workshop yet but I might just need to visit the tavern for that. I have access to the Salt Desert so I can get the material for the best quality Nomadic Shoes but I won't be able to make them yet. I also need to make some Leather and Polish Powder and Wax for quests. Restock on healing items too, and maybe see if I can create a bigger basket.

Fire Emblem: Fates

i just married cursed blood hasubando
that s-support wasn't great tbh

literally corrin is like "you're so weird i don't know how i put up with you just tell me what you want" "marry me" "oh ok i will marry you"

damn it intsys/noa i know you're not the pinnacle of writing prowess but please

I opened up the final workshop and finally got one of the flower locations. I also got the highest quality Nomadic Shoes. I met Tanya, she looks so out of place in the Salt Desert since it looks like a snowy field yet she's wearing summer clothes and has a tan lol. That area had some really tough enemies, Wilbell would nearly get knocked out in one attack. I did make some really good bombs for Ayesha to use that came in handy. I was running low on money because there was so many alchemy books to purchase but I won the recent contest and finished up some quests, I'm rolling in cash again.

Final Fantasy V

I do love some particular challenge run battles. Figuring out a safe way to beat the Crystals with a party setup of Dragoon, Knight, Mystic Knight, and Ninja(each one only with the skills of their respective job) took a little bit of thought and gave me a pretty satisfying battle when it worked. The unloseable battle afterwards is still a damn awesome moment, but I couldn't help but find it a bit funny when I used the Dragoon's jump to avoid a sequence of powerful attacks you're generally not meant to avoid. Well, up next is the last dungeon of World 2. I'm considering to grind some Elixirs there.

Mortal Kombat 2

Hold on let me lower the difficulty. Programmers must have set it on hard. Wait a minute...it was on very easy the whole time?!?! Bullshit!!!

Mario Kart 8

Shadow of the Colossus

This game is absolutely wonderful.

LN1 said:
LN1 said:
Final Fantasy V
Break Sword? More like Break the Game Sword! *rimshot* Okay but seriously Magic Sword alone is demonstrating to be a skillset that utterly murders many randoms and even some bosses. I am loving it.

oh yes its absurd, probably one of the better swords.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

there's a quest that literally involves sneaking up behind birds and slicing 'em in the butt in order to get eggs from them

anywho I like using the bow but apparently I need to acquire some Seltas body parts before I can get one that's actually powerful enough to deal good damage to large monsters. back to the almighty dual blades again

Back