What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Czario said:
YFJ said:
After all, I guess there's a reason the Wii U is "the ultimate Zelda machine".
Actually, I think the Gamecube is more deserving of that title, since if you have certain peripherals and collections, you can play every Zelda game released before the year 2007 on it...
Huh, never heard the GameCube called that. I know the Wii U can play every console Zelda to date, though, as well as some of the handheld ones. But the GameCube can play A Link to the Past?

Anyway, here's what I've played over the weekend:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
I have 7 Spirit Orbs total, and I am in my eighth Shrine. I haven't progressed the story much, though.

Yoshi's New Island (3DS)
I started a new file, and played up through the Kamek boss fight. Man, this is such an underrated game...

Mario Party: The Top 100 (3DS)
I beat 1-2, 2-3, 3-2, 3-3, and 3-4 in Minigame Island, as well as part of 4-1. I also played some minigames and a Decathlon.

YFJ said:
Huh, never heard the GameCube called that. I know the Wii U can play every console Zelda to date, though, as well as some of the handheld ones. But the GameCube can play A Link to the Past?
Let me lay it out:
TLOZ: can be played on The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition.
Zelda II: same as TLOZ.
ALTTP: the GBA remake The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords can be played with the Game Boy Player.
LA: the original GB game or the GBC remake can be played with Game Boy Player.
OOT: can be played on Collector's Edition or on the Master Quest disc.
MM: can be played on Collector's Edition.
OOS/OOA: the original GBC games can be played with a Game Boy Player.
TWW: was released for the Gamecube.
FS: see ALTTP.
FSA: released for the Gamecube.
TMC: the original GBA game can be played with Game Boy Player.
TP: released for the Gamecube.

The Wii U cannot play LA, OOS/OOA, FS, or FSA (which means it doesn't quite play every console Zelda, though FSA would be virtually impossible to port properly anyway). It does play PH, ST, SS, and BOTW unlike Gamecube which almost makes it equal, but Gamecube still wins by one since OOS and OOA are separate games even if they're often put together.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

If anyone has played the Mario Maker stage with the long swatch of lava in the center, that one is the best layout, hands down.

Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

Bought the last Broodal outfit and farmed my coins back with Luigi's Balloon World.

Can't finish up Skyward Sword until I get my good TV out of hawk hopefully tomorrow assuming if the pawn shop isn't closed on Labor Day.

Czario said:
YFJ said:
Let me lay it out:
TLOZ: can be played on The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition.
Zelda II: same as TLOZ.
ALTTP: the GBA remake The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords can be played with the Game Boy Player.
LA: the original GB game or the GBC remake can be played with Game Boy Player.
OOT: can be played on Collector's Edition or on the Master Quest disc.
MM: can be played on Collector's Edition.
OOS/OOA: the original GBC games can be played with a Game Boy Player.
TWW: was released for the Gamecube.
FS: see ALTTP.
FSA: released for the Gamecube.
TMC: the original GBA game can be played with Game Boy Player.
TP: released for the Gamecube.

The Wii U cannot play LA, OOS/OOA, FS, or FSA (which means it doesn't quite play every console Zelda, though FSA would be virtually impossible to port properly anyway). It does play PH, ST, SS, and BOTW unlike Gamecube which almost makes it equal, but Gamecube still wins by one since OOS and OOA are separate games even if they're often put together.
link's crossbow training checkmate wii u is equal

Super Mario Maker (Wii U)

Completed 100-Mario Challenge on Normal Difficulty (Easy but with more levels), unlocking the Mega Man costume. After that I finished an Underwater level I was making.

Did you know, that in 3 months this game will be the only reason to own a Wii U?

Good thing the Switch doesn't have Virtual Console or a widely available means to mod it (yet).

Wii U has a Virtual Console. The Switch can't have EVERYTHING the Wii U has, right?

Honoka's #4 Fan said:
Did you know, that in 3 months this game will be the only reason to own a Wii U?

wii u owners got to play the games ported to the switch first and earlier. that's not a bad pay-off.

Fate/Grand Order

Been a while since I used up mats on skill upgrades and changed my support screen around. I've been getting a lot of Friend Points after moving Raikou back to the Berserker slot, it's probably the people that just need a powerhouse servant to help them clear the leftover raids now that the event is nearly over.
YXCdgS1.png

The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki III

It's interesting seeing that some events had been foreshadowed ahead of time, just didn't know because not english.

Civilization V.

Fucken Shaka Zulu and his damn spearmen

Mario Party: The Top 100 (3DS)

I finally beat Minigame Island on Hard Mode, which means I have now achieved true 100% completion! In my honor, there is a golden banner on my save file! Nice!

To celebrate, I went back and played all 100 minigames. The minigame selection is...okay, but it could be better. The number of minigames from Mario Party 8 and 10 is criminally low, and they weren't even the best minigames from those games. It's unfortunate, really. But there were a lot of great minigames in there!

This game should be remade sometime. Great concept, huge missed opportunity. It needs a proper Party Mode with more than one board.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I defeated my nephew in a 48 round VS. match and I got first place in all of the races.

Fire Emblem Awakening

Please for the love of God do not kill me when I say...I accidentally made Chrom hook up with Sully instead of Sumia. I didn’t mean for that to happen! It was just so sudden!

supermariofan said:
Fire Emblem Awakening

Please for the love of God do not kill me when I say...I accidentally made Chrom hook up with Sully instead of Sumia. I didn’t mean for that to happen! It was just so sudden!
for some weird as shit reason sully is the default for chrom's waifu
still mad this happened on my first playthrough

Got my TV back.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

Sailed the ocean of sand and located the Sandship, decided to head back to Skyloft first since I finally had enough Ancient Flowers to upgrade my bug net and I did the Peatrice romance sidequest (I ship it). I decided to save and quit a bit earlier than usual since I was feeling kinda tired from lack of sleep.

Shygul said:
supermariofan said:
Fire Emblem Awakening

for some weird as shit reason sully is the default for chrom's waifu
still mad this happened on my first playthrough
That happened to you too?

The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki III

I remember last time I fought the sidequest monster I got real annoyed that it would go into frenzy mode and insta-kill my party, but I managed to avoid that problem entirely this time. I wish I had a bit more time to just sit down and play this for hours. Maybe I'll replay the other games afterwards if I get the chance.

Mario Party

Not only do my fingers hurt from the button mashing and the analog rotating, but whenever I do analog rotating on something like Petal Power and Paddle Battle, I swear my head was so light I was that close to go in a coma!

Fire Emblem Fates
I had to see my castle and it is a month since I played it. It is business as usual. Except I will hesitantly play chapter 17 of the Birthright route. Yeah the cutscene at the end of the chapter gives me flashbacks and nightmares. When I finished it for the first (and only time so far) it made me pass out due to the cutscene at the end.

Mega Man 11 (demo)
so this just got released on switch and it's really great
it manages to do quite well at feeling like a newer, more modern mega man, while at the same time having the same feel as the older games
it's also very difficult just like the old games (i still havent beaten it even though its only one level lol) but theres more difficulty options to make it easier (or harder). also this level seems to be longer than the ones in the older games so thats interesting as well
i'm actually kinda excited for this now. still not sure if i wanna pay $40 for it but i hope this does well. especially if it means we can get a new mega man x game

Fire Emblem: Warriors
about to do the norhian princess chapter. playing on hard classic mode, really great game so far
frederick died in the last battle though o7 fuck you robin

Back