What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings

Though I was hesitant, I decided to get into the Mother series with the actual first game in the series rather than with Mother 2/Earthbound despite it being less well-known and presumably not as good (my older siblings have played Earthbound, but I have yet to play it). I'm still very new to the RPG genre as a whole so I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it going in, but after my second session things are going well. I finished the part with saving the girl at the cemetery and I'm doing the zoo section next.

Splatoon 2

Played a tough round of Salmon Run where three of the weapons are slow heavy hitters (Tenta Brella, E-Litre 4k, Glooga Dualies) and only one lighter weapon (Tri-slosher). And then played Turf Wars with the Heavy Splatling until I achieved the Raw rank, which took longer than I thought due to the amount of losses I suffered. Currently halfway through Level 98 before I got the prestige, and I guess I will get it either during Splatfest or when I get to X-rank in Splat Zones.

Thank you for reading.

Fate/Grand Order

I'm enjoying most of the event, I don't think I'll ever like Prisma Illya though and anytime she talks in this event makes me sure of it. When the focus is on the other characters it's good though. Raid-style bosses are neat. Not having ten different currencies to grind is a plus.

The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki III

kitsune put out a google doc with a rough translation of the main story/sidequests and I'm honestly not that far in anyway so now's a good time to restart and try and smash through it in a few weeks. I'm used to reading off the spreadsheet because that was how I went through Zero/Ao. Sure was fortunate that I have a japanese copy of the game lying around from last year. I'll try to be less dumb this time but I can't promise myself that.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

The Earth Temple was surprisingly a lot easier than I remember it being, got through it pretty quickly and beat Scaldera with little effort. After much sidequestin' and plot related stuff, I trekked a fair distance into the Lanayru Desert and reached the part where you're supposed to activate several nodes scattered around by inserting your sword and turning it.

Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
I started a new save file, and reached "Moon Shards in the Sand" in the Sand Kingdom.

Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
I cleared all remaining levels as both characters with golden flags, and I finally got my fifth and final star! I also unlocked the final crown level, and I'm going to attempt that next time I play.

Fate/Grand Order

Half the missions done. It's a good thing gamepress just tells you what to do. Waiting for the banner to rotate off Illya. gib queen thot

Kirby Star Allies

Ok I finally got this game. I started with single player. It wasn't that fun. So I kept playing with my bros. We had a blast. We also had fun with the minigames. Hopefully I enjoy the rest of the game.

I think Dark Meta Knight is my new Kirby main.

But I haven't tried Daroach and Adeleine yet so I'm not sure.

My Kirby main has always been...regular Kirby, since I'm usually player 1. But in multiplayer, I main either Bandana Dee or Adeleine.

Special 8-Crown is a very difficult level, no joke! Not quite as hard as The Perfect Run from SMG2, but still pretty difficult. My Prima guide has helped me some, but I haven't beaten the level yet.

Since my internet is still heavily restricted in what I can do for the time being and our cable provider decided to yank our subscription as well, I've just been playing a random handful of NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA/Genesis games to kill some time.

YES! At last, I finally beat the final crown level...as both Mario and Luigi! Now I can officially say that I've achieved 100% completion! (The sparkling stars are another story...) It sure was worth all those deaths and Game Overs!

Kirby: Star Allies (Switch)
I played levels 3 and 4 of The Ultimate Choice with my brother, and in doing so I completed a sixth Celebration Picture!

Kirby Star Allies

I arrived at Jambastation after befriending Meta Knight. I also beat Francisca. And got all giant puzzle pieces so far (except the one in Jambastation extra stage #1). But I did activate all giant switches so far.

Fate/Grand Order

I got Kuro and levelled her enough to complete the missions that require it. I got a super succ so I had more leftover for Summer Tamamo than usual. I can put her on my support screen now even though nobody is going to use a Lv70 TamaLancer. It's about the message. She's gonna stay there forever* now. *probably

The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki III

Rean as a teacher is like his true calling. I somehow already like him much better as a result. It's not surprising that Altina swooped the most popular female Sen character title in just this one game. Still love Claire though. Using Millium's brave order during her segment is super important, I think maybe the boss was designed around that which explains why I got my ass whooped last time.

Activated all the nodes and unveiled the Lanayru Mining Facility, made it a fair way into the dungeon and obtained the GustBellows which for some reason I expected to be guarded by a mid-boss or something, but no it was just... casually left out in the open? Lol I think my memory is playing tricks on me.

Fate/Grand Order

I saw someone mention a glitch on the subreddit but didn't really pay it any mind. Went to go collect my mission rewards and all of them say they're completed but the rewards are all super low amounts of QP. Found the issue. I wasted like 4 hours of AP regen last night during the internet outage. rip. I think the second part of the event might be unlocking today, I literally just finished everything I needed to in part 1 just in time.

Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City

I got Protect Order finally on my Monk(/Princess). I can see why it's the best option for healing, it's basically a 3-turn Line Heal that costs half as much. It might not be as strong on the Princess but this would be why the best healer is M/P, it also lets me apply some other buffs instead of constantly healing like a pathetic medic. pamedic.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I got Elmoa, I loved that the XCX music played during the fight. I fucking love the XCX soundtrack, when are they going to port it so they can remove the miiverse shit and I can replay it fully. I think you can replace the battle theme with Uncontrollable with Elma just like you can replace it with you will know our names when using Shulk or Fiora. I don't think I'm ready to take on these challenges, the harder ones feel like they expect you to have cleared NG+ by this point and gained all the benefits that are available during it like extra accessory/pouch slots, S+ trust and the reverse affinity charts.

Kirby Star Allies

After finishing the game today, I did some guest star mode withBlade Knight and Chef Kawasaki. I tried The Ultimate Choice. Since it was my first time, I tried Sweet Breeze and then stopped playing.

Made a considerable amount of progress since last update: Cleared through the Lanayru Mining Facility and defeated Moldarach (Who ironically get's demoted to mid-boss status later on in the game, lol), got the Goddess Harp from Zelda, beat the first Imprisoned fight, retrieved the pinwheel for the windmill on Skyloft, made my way to the Isle of Songs, did Faron Wood's silent realm trial, trekked through the forest temple again to retrieve the water for the dragon lady and last saved before entering the Ancient Cistern.

Splatoon 2

I recently got Rank X in Splat Zones, and after 10 games (6 losses, 4 wins), my ranking is 1900+, which means that I am quite close to de-ranking. In my 11th game however, we won so I suppose I am safe for now (still in 1900+). In case you want to know at which point you de-rank, it's when the score goes below 1900, or 2000 if the next month and map rotation starts.

Salmon Run (Squiffer, Dualie Squelcher, Undercover Brella and Ballpoint Splatling in Spawning Grounds) is surprising tough given the teammates I got that time.

Thank you for reading.

Kirby Star Allies

I did some guest star mode with JammerJab and stopped at Pon & Kon's fight. I also did the hardest difficulty available in Ultimate Choice by controlling Rick Kine & Coo. I got all big puzzle pieces in the game and triggered the Gameboy Easter egg in the last secret level. I did Chop Champs, but I kinda suck at it, so I did StarSlam heroes (hardest difficulty) and I realized that I'm pretty good at it.

Cleared through the Ancient Cistern with relative ease and defeated the best boss in the game (Koloktos), upgraded my gear and did a few sidequests on Skyloft, visited the Lumpy Pumkin to continue the chandelier debt sidequest but got a little frustrated with the Kina song part, revisited the Isle of Songs, did the Lanayru Desert Silent Realm trial, farmed some Tumble Weeds and last saved at the north desert bird statue.

Fate/Grand Order

I was about to go to sleep so I was just running down my AP quickly before bed, then I ended up levelling up, maxing my AP and the only things I had left to do were low cost raid missions.

Two hours later, I can sleep.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

When I first played this game, I couldn't really get into it. The next time I played, it got a little more interesting, but not by much. But now that I can go literally anywhere in the game with the Paraglider, I absolutely love this game. I beat three more Shrines, got the paraglider from the Old Man, and talked to Impa about my quest. It's interesting how I have no memory of who I am...

I'm looking into some other Zelda games at the moment. After all, I guess there's a reason the Wii U is "the ultimate Zelda machine". Wind Waker HD sounds interesting, anyway.

Fate/Grand Order

I beat Testament and the challenge quest. Now all I have left is buying out the mats in the shop. There's gonna be a week between Prisma Codes and Nero Fest so I can get some exp then. Raikou is so good all the time, I might grail her just for that alone. I only planned on grailing one servant to lv100 though so maybe not. I do love the rarity of them, you easily tell who someones favourite is by seeing their Lv100 servant on the support list.

Pokken Tournament DX

Nothing special, just coming in to say I just noticed that in the background of Old Ferrum Town in Winter, you can see a Lucario building a snowman with its trainer, and that's just adorable.

Kirby Star Allies

I defeated Fransisca. All there is.

Yes I'm still kinda early in the game.

YFJ said:
After all, I guess there's a reason the Wii U is "the ultimate Zelda machine".
Actually, I think the Gamecube is more deserving of that title, since if you have certain peripherals and collections, you can play every Zelda game released before the year 2007 on it...

Back