What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Left 4 Dead 2

Had some frustration in Advanced difficulty with bots in some select moments but overall was fun.

Love the grenade launcher!

Toadgamer said:
Easter Yoshi said:
Now I have 366 Power Moons!
I almost have 800 of them!
You must have played the game a lot more than I have, then. I played SMG2, Superstar Saga, P&D: SMB Edition, and Captain Toad before finally coming back to Odyssey.

On a side note, I still have yet to beat the final bosses of Captain Toad and P&D. I’m getting there though. But my current goal is to get 500 Moons in Odyssey...
...so I can go to the Darker Side!

Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City

I tried fighting the first FOE, it destroyed me. The name Greedy Lizard is appropriate, I was getting greedy because I beat the first FOE's in the first two games already. But this game is harder.

I can barely make it to B4F without being nearly dead already and the enemies there use defense buffs that make it hard to kill them. I splurged on some new armour but they killed my Monk.

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

So I stopped just before the final boss.

Shouldn’t be too hard considering I’ve watched it being defeated twice.

Left 4 Dead 2

Played single player versus, and it always tends to crash when I spawn as the infected >_>

Super Mario Odyssey.

Bought the new costumes, hunted down the 8-bit Luigis and currently focusing on Balloon World.

it finally feels like I'm making steady progress. Returning to town without a thread is still slow but I can make it up without taking much damage thanks to the new crossbow and broadsword, which I bought with money I got from one of the quests.

Armor may still be an issue in the future. I've moved my Arbalist to the back-row to keep her safe, her damage won't be affected until late in her skill tree, for now I'll just aim for maxing Giant Kill now that enemies have 200+ hp.

this game gives me the feeling I got when I played untold for the first time.

edit: aaaaah i killed the first boss. I've come to realise that the damage reduction from Line Guard is not worth the bit of damage my Hoplite can inflict. Elemental Guards will be important in time but for now stuff like Provoke to take advantage of her natural defense and parry passives will be better. I forged Volt affinity onto my Gladiator, Arbalist and Ninja weapons. I summoned a ninja clone sometimes so that when it gets killed my Gladiator would regain health with Avenger, saving some TP on my Monk. I had my Monk use Refresh preemptively sometimes when I was predicting the blind attack.

Also as much as I like the sea quest thing (it's like 4's overworld before they shoved it in your face) it's hard to justify spending so much money on voyages without using a guide to just tell me what I can and can't reach at the time.

Lv15

Front Row:
> Oleaster; Hoplite (Provoke, Line Guard, Anticold)
> Ornik; Gladiator (Charge, Rush)
Back Row:
> Yahi; Arbalist (Volt Barrage)
> Sefer; Ninja (Kagenui, Kagerou)
> Halcyon; Monk (Healing, Refresh)

Door Kickers (PC)

This is basically a strategy game where you guide a group of troops to fulfill one of the objectives, such as defeating all the terrorists. One feature the game has is to draw a line to guide the troops to check around the map, and in a way, it's a puzzle game only because figuring out the best path is a puzzle itself. The only thing is the terrorists are in random locations so the best solution isn't static.

It's also got upgrade-able gear and skill trees, so it is in fact more of a strategy game than a puzzle game.

Thank you for reading.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl

comic3.gif

Lv15

Front Row:
> Hanno ; Ronin (Upper Stance, Swallow Strike)
> Okarie ; Protector (Front Guard)
> Allele ; Dark Hunter (Gag, Viper)
Back Row:
> Caldera ; Alchemist (Fire Formula, Flame Formula)
> Bjalla ; Troubadour (Warrior Song, Healing Lullaby)

I have been playing Super Mario Odyssey, I got it on Easter and I'm already halfway into the game.

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight

gEKPBR3.png

Lv13

Front Row:
> Breo; Highlander (Bloody Offense, Spear Assist)
> Franz; War Magus (Guard Slash, Ailing Slash)
Back Row:
> Hainan; Alchemist (Ice Formula)
> Leckse; Beast (Hit-Taker)
> Sevil; Sovereign (Attack Order, Guard Order, Link Order)

Inversus Deluxe demo (Switch)

I downloaded three demos I am interested in, because it's always a good idea to find out if the game's right up my alley. The first of the games is Inversus Deluxe, which is a game where you shoot bullets to turn tiles of the opposing colour into your colour, which allows you to travel on. It's very much like Splatoon because it's a shooter with territory control as a theme. So far, it's something I can find myself enjoying, so if there is a sale at a deeper discount, then I will get it.

By the way, the other two demos I downloaded were Death Squared and Chromagun.

Thank you for reading.

no boss this time, I just went sailing. lies, i did fight a boss it was a hammerhead shark. my friend the buccaneer that i had no control over basically did all the heavy lifting. head bind broke its pattern and it kept trying to use charge and failed for about 6 turns.

My Arbalist is a whole level higher than my Ninja because she was the only survivor in one of the other sea quests, so she got an entire boss' worth of exp to herself. It's fine, more points for Giant Kill means she'll be that much closer to that juicy +50% power bonus. Then I can work on Front Mortar.

I'm fucking rolling in cash now boys.

Detective Pikachu Demo

Reminds me a lot of the explore-y bits of Professor Layton games and the investigation segments of Ace Attorney.

Fire Emblem Warriors on the Switch, I like how they updated it to capture videos of the footage of the past 30 seconds of your play time. I thought the day would never happen.

first floor of second stratum down. I understand I need to push forward a little bit each time but can't be too stubborn when I'm low on both hp and tp, I literally had to teleport out 3 steps from the stairway to the next floor because the radar was red as fuck. I love being given an indication for encounters, it's ten times better than literal random encounters.

new etrian odyssey game announcement next week, I'm hyped. I hope it's like a mishmash kind of thing with classes from each game in the series. some of the comments from the people working on it are exciting. It's not a remake or a numbered title.

Kirby Star Allies

I managed to snatch two minutes (literally) of this game. I played a single round of level 1 in Star Slam Heroes, but then Parental Controls kicked in and prevented me from playing any more.

Switch Parental Controls is a HUGE downgrade from Wii U, and is the main reason that the Switch is my least favorite Nintendo console. That was all the Switch play time I got today: a single round of Star Slam Heroes.

Splatoon 2

Splatfest time! Managed to get to Soccer King. This Splatfest's Shifty Station was not very good.

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

I think my problem is the limitations at the start of the game. 3 of the actual interesting classes are locked from the start, two thirds of your skill tree is locked behind levelling up, the beginning classes fit their role too well to the point that they're just dull. If I could have a team of Nightseeker, Fortress and the three unlockable classes from the start I would. But I can't because that would be too cool.

Splatoon 2 last night. I stayed up until 3 AM, trying to get the Baseball Queen title in the recent Splatfest.

I eventually got it.

Splatoon 2

Unfortunately Soccer didn't win, though I must say I'm surprised how much popularity that one got. I thought for sure Baseball got it given that it's a more US-centric sport, whereas football (or as the US people call it: soccer) which is generally less popular, somehow got more popularity. If it were Europe I would understand but Europe has their own Splatfest this time.

Anyhow, I decided to increase the slots for more gear, but I fear that unlike Splatoon 1 it's unfeasible to get 3 slots for every available gear since we are going to get a new set of gear at the end of this month.

Thank you for reading.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Beat most of world 5. Gotta get used to the controls again.

Now that I've got a new TV, I played Super Paper Mario to remember the Wii.

I finished the Duel of the 100. That's it.

Back