Worst Mario game

Don't you dare libel Mario Teaches Typing.

any game without mario in it is the worst mario game cause what kind of mario game are you if you don't involve the mario

All Mario games are bad.

Yeah, the Sonic franchise really did start to turn after Heroes. 06 is infamous.

woops wrong series uh

Mario Clash is a proverbial headache?

I mean there are 2 answers to this, objectively the worst and the one you hate the most.

Don't ask me which is the objectively worst one though.

I mean there are 2 answers to this, objectively the worst and the one you hate the most.

Don't ask me which is the objectively worst one though.
Wrong there's one answer, both descriptions being YT&G.

THATS A WEIRD WAY TO SPELL [game I don't like]

• There's no artistic merit to any of the character designs. The main character was literally born out of graphical limitations than intent to design a blue-collared Italian immigrant. His brother is literally him but green. His rival is him but with the M flipped upside down. You have skeletal versions of characters playable as well as characters that are the same but their hair color is different.
  • None of the characters have deep, developed personalities. You can't relate to them because they're all shells that don't have any living dynamic personality. There could have been an opportunity to explore Bowser's tragic backstory to why he is so bad but nope, he's just bad because.
  • Main character is a stupid Italian caricature and forces his voice actor to act like a stupid Italian caricature and it's xenophobic. Main character cannot speak to save his own sorry life, that's why he carries 1-Ups around.
  • Games are powered on tragically underpowered hardware compared to its competitors, where everything is made up of jaggies and plants are just 2d textures that look like vomit up close. They also abuse ridiculous amounts of bloom to make it look like their games are crap.
  • Game stories are generic "good guy rescues bad guy" when we could have had some major conflict that explores the racial subtext behind how the ruling minority class are explained simply born into having innate superpowers with stars in their hearts against and oppressing the common class that lack such and thus all of them look identical and have identical voices.
  • The games have no extensive voice acting to speak of, characters are voiced by random people yanked off the street just to do stupid grunts and cheers and yahoos, so there's no memorable dialogue. Because there is no extensive voice acting, there's a severe lack of celebrity voice actors that really need to sell the game.
  • The games have no licensed soundtrack composing of whatever is popular at the moment and instead uses generic tunes vomited out by a computer. The games cannot get an audience without at least a Maroon 5 track in there.
  • The games lack hours of pre-rendered cutscenes with Luigi calmly explaining why he has turned evil and backstabbed Mario's party much to Mario and friend's utter shock.
  • The Mario Kart and sports games desperately need celebrity guest stars, Sega & All-Star Transformed got Danica Patrick in, so where is Dale Earnhardt Jr for Mario Kart?
  • There are no major black characters in the series.
  • Luigi's Mansion's boxart is a copyright violation of Home Alone.
  • The JRPGs don't have a shonen protagonist and a woman character designed by horny men accompanying him fighting Bowser and whatever power hungry one-shot villain.
  • Lack of lootboxes and microtransactions strip away essential player choice and all the fun of gambling.
  • There is a transphobic Toad in some Mario games that everyone is okay with and that's utterly unacceptable.
  • There is yet a game that appeals to the adult audience Mario has mustered and that Mario and Nintendo desparately need to shed the conceptions that they are a "kiddy" video game company, so the series will not be okay without an adult-oriented Mario game, such as Mario Teaches Taxes, Mario Kart: Buying a New Car, and Mario Political Party.
  • Dialogue in the series lacks jokes about mushrooms being associated with drugs and Mario abusing Yoshi, instead we got a Super Happy Tree for our drug joke and Kamek abusing Yoshi.
  • Baby Luigi has been playable only in 11 games which is terrible for the Mario series as a whole.

Gotta be Paper Mario: Sticker Star for me. Though I could tolerate it more if it didn't mark a permanent shift in the series. The later games are still better than Sticker Star but not even close to what I want out of a Paper Mario game. And I have Sticker Star to thank for that.

The objective worst game? Probably one of the early ports of Donkey Kong or Mario Bros. for early computers. Hotel Mario at least has ironic value.

Back