What's are some Mario game you got bored of?

Mymy64

Koopa Troopa
For me it was:
3D Land/World
Odyssey
New Super Mario bros. U
Mariokart 8 Deluxe
Captain Toad:Treasure tracker

Never got too far in Mario & Luigi Dream Team. It's been years so I don't remember it too well. But it was really boring. Someday I'll go back and give the game another chance.

Also Yoshi's Crafted World. I played through a good chunk of it with my sister, but then I kinda just... stopped. And I haven't really felt the urge to return to it.

Mario Party 6, Sunshine, and the first Luigi's mansion games (all for the gamecube) I eventually grew slightly bored of though I still think none of those three are outright poor games. I guess Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) too, though that was also to do with its difficulty. And yeah I gotta say that Odyssey as amazing as it was at first I have been becoming slightly bored of recently but its still a very great game

paper mario origami king

wasnt really because its a bad game (its not and i am a trilogy stan) but because i lost my switch for a time and rather work on taiko no tasujin or luigi mansion 3 or crush crush rn

im also saving money for dream daddy dating sim LMAO

i also dropped mario and sonic 2020 cuz the climbing minigame is pretty piss imo

would it be fair to say basically all right now. ive had my mind occupied with many other games now and ive barely played my switch this half a year and when i have its just odyssey and dkctf

Odyssey lost my attention very quickly after I finished the main campaign (which I marathoned in like, a day and a half). It's not a game that's ever grabbed me enough to return to, once the intrigue of seeing all the worlds for the first time passed

Basically everything Paper Mario touched after SPM, with the exception of Origami King. Aside from some very rare moments those games really just don't make me feel anything positive. This includes Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, which is the most squandered potential I've ever seen in a game. New narratives and characters are really a pillar of Mario RPGs and without them they just feel... empty and sterile. Origami King may have not executed its original story as well as the early games (especially with the original characters being still very limited by the restrictions) but the fact that it's there at all puts it leagues above SS, PJ and CS and their typical Mario setups. I didn't even finish Color Splash because I'd watched the ending on YouTube and didn't feel like pushing myself through the rest of the game just to see it in-game. I stopped after finishing Snifit or Whiffit and realizing that the reward for getting a perfect score is something required for a later boss fight, and I really didn't want to get a perfect score. Heck Sticker Star and Paper Jam were probably only finished by me due to being on a handheld system and more accessible. At least Paper Jam had gameplay that was on point, but the Toad missions were such a drag.

Other than those games, every Mario vs. Donkey Kong game after the first one basically threw out the whole appeal of the original game, and its Game Boy predecessor, in favor of gameplay that's just way more boring and convoluted to me. I did beat the first DS one but wasn't impressed, though I did mess around with the level editor, a feature I really wish made it into the release of the first game (where I'd have used it far more enthusiastically). The one thing I can say I appreciate about these games is they brought back Pauline, who was incredibly rare in the 2000s & 2010s before Odyssey. Overall though, I feel like that series died after the GBA game which is a huge shame because that game was one of my favorites to play back in the day and there's so much potential in another game with that style.

I never finished New Super Mario Bros Deluxe, mostly because by the time that game came out, I already played at least three far more superior platformers over it, namely Rayman Origins/Legends and Kirby's Return to Dreamland that an indolent effort that the New Super Mario Bros games became just wasn't satisfactory for me.

Btw there are many games that fell out of my radar not because I'm bored with them but because of my terminal ADHD. I haven't played Luigi's Mansion 3 for over a year but that doesn't mean I'm bored with it. I really haven't played with Mario games in a very long while because I'm hyper focused on other games such as The Sims and Smash Ultimate but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm bored with them.

New Super Mario Bros. 2. I don't recall the game doing anything particularly interesting, and the coin gimmick's novelty quickly wore off.

Odyssey lost my attention very quickly after I finished the main campaign (which I marathoned in like, a day and a half). It's not a game that's ever grabbed me enough to return to, once the intrigue of seeing all the worlds for the first time passed
pretty much this.

what odyssey gained in freedom, it lost in uniqueness when it comes to objectives, despite the colorful and fun worlds. not to say the odyssey does not have some great moons, but usually that is restricted to the actual scripted story moons. many of the others end up practically repeating objectives across levels or taking you out of the level to an isolated platforming zone. i enjoyed my time with odyssey, but after beating the main story I have absolutely no desire to ever touch it again, as I know that what awaits me is entirely predictable

I tend to stop playing games completely after I 100% complete them, which is the case with most Super Mario games. Although I enjoy my time with them, I'm not the type of person to replay games over and over unless they're open-ended or multiplayer focused, such as Mario Maker, Mario Kart or Mario Party, or if they have some sort of missions to aim towards. Super Mario Maker 2 is the only 2D Mario game that I consistently return to, and even though I've clocked a lot of hours on Super Mario Odyssey, I only played the game for Balloon World so that I could get all 50 stars associated with it once I collected all of the Power Moons in the main game.

I can totally imagine people getting buyer's remorse purchasing Battle League at launch.

Mario Vs Donkey Kong series except for March of the minis that one was good. It's just not my genre.

Tbh I get bored of Warioware pretty quickly too.

Back